View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Githyanki wrote:
Pretty sure you already have my number on the flat. I also think it is way too soon to write off the likes of Paul, John, Darren and Jim (my dark horse for this season) and it is a shame no Steve and thunder in the mix this year.

Yeah its way too early to make a call.
And Paul was singing the same tune last season, "oh my team sucks and i will just sit back and watch blah blah" ...then stormed home! :lol:

Githyanki wrote:
Not going to lie though I shall have new blood for the window on the flat too :)

HAHA i knew you couldnt resist :D

Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:32 pm
Group 2 winner

I didn't know what to expect from my team this season as I didn't do any breeding for about 6 months then crammed in some breeding in the last 2 weeks.

The newer horses have done well with one win in the flat and 2 wins over fences but the horses that I had left over from last season are well off the pace. Just goes to show how much improvement many trainers have made.

I have been playing SO7 since its release but it is a struggle although the last few batches of horses are showing promise. At the moment I would be lucky to have 10 horses to upload to an SO7 league.

I will wait and see how the rest of week one results go. I may do some more SO6 breeding for the upload window.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:34 pm
Group 3 winner

Jango wrote:
Its good to be racing again!!!

I'll say this part first, i imagine its been a struggle for Gray to organise another season so a huge thanks to you mate!
Also a big thanks to Sirius who has another huge workload to tackle.
Comms are awesome and i wish i had the talent to call the races as i would love to help.
The guys that have put in the time as race runners has made it so much easier for all of us so great effort.

Now my review of Flats day one.
Things went as i hoped they would with my best horses winning their 3 races.
A couple of very close seconds including "Gate Sweet" on dirt that should do alot better on the turf.
As expected my 6f horses are no good and finished with a 3rd and a 5th.

I have extended the distances in my stable so it will be interesting to see how things go in the longer races this week.

The biggest disappointment so far is Doug tipping against the only other Aussie in the League...Geez Mate come on!! :lol:
I'm sorry Josh i know its not your fault, but these predictions of your dominance has only made me head back to the breeding barn to fashion some monsters for the window.

As far as predictions go, i expect some great battles with Josh but has everyone forgotten what Mr Morgan did last season on the flats.
By memory he was nowhere to be seen in the first couple of weeks then blitzed everyone.

Anyway its great to be racing again!
Cheers

Edit: Also credit to Tam King who has had some impressive runs so far!

U right my horses really struggle in these maidens with a fast pace and lots of runners, it's probably because I run my races with small fields and average pace but unlike last season where I did breeding i've done none this season apart from my 1m2 dirt horses, not had a kentucky derby contender in a few seasons and so I breed to find a good one and hopefully McCraken will live up to my hopes. It goes to show if u don't breed and other people do u will be caught no matter what happens last season. The only thing I'm looking forward to is seeing my front running chases, I did a bit of breeding with them because I still love breeding my front running chases. The flat should be real competitive this season.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:48 pm
Group 3 winner

Wannabe wrote:
I didn't know what to expect from my team this season as I didn't do any breeding for about 6 months then crammed in some breeding in the last 2 weeks.

The newer horses have done well with one win in the flat and 2 wins over fences but the horses that I had left over from last season are well off the pace. Just goes to show how much improvement many trainers have made.

I have been playing SO7 since its release but it is a struggle although the last few batches of horses are showing promise. At the moment I would be lucky to have 10 horses to upload to an SO7 league.

I will wait and see how the rest of week one results go. I may do some more SO6 breeding for the upload window.

If I entered all my horses in my CK into a SO7 league i'd have 13 horses on the flat and 4 over jumps. I've not had to use the CK because the most horses I have 3 is over a mile. I'm not missing trailing my horses one bit. :D. Perhaps before the end of this year I might get to twenty :lol:

Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:57 pm
Group 3 winner

ghosty wrote:
U right my horses really struggle in these maidens with a fast pace and lots of runners, it's probably because I run my races with small fields and average pace but unlike last season where I did breeding i've done none this season apart from my 1m2 dirt horses, not had a kentucky derby contender in a few seasons and so I breed to find a good one and hopefully McCraken will live up to my hopes. It goes to show if u don't breed and other people do u will be caught no matter what happens last season. The only thing I'm looking forward to is seeing my front running chases, I did a bit of breeding with them because I still love breeding my front running chases. The flat should be real competitive this season.

Last season i just entered my horses in anything i could find.
After last season i studied your approach to race selection and i hope i have learned something as a result.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:58 pm
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
Githyanki wrote:
Pretty sure you already have my number on the flat. I also think it is way too soon to write off the likes of Paul, John, Darren and Jim (my dark horse for this season) and it is a shame no Steve and thunder in the mix this year.

Yeah its way too early to make a call.
And Paul was singing the same tune last season, "oh my team sucks and i will just sit back and watch blah blah" ...then stormed home! :lol:

Err i was 4th in the table last season on the flat mate & finished miles behind Josh over the stick so not sure about storming home mate :lol:

Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:59 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Jango wrote:
ghosty wrote:

Last season i just entered my horses in anything i could find.
After last season i studied your approach to race selection and i hope i have learned something as a result.
I think it's the best approach, unless a horse has a chance then I would never run it. My best 2.4m horse Book at Bedtime could have run this week in the 2m2 race but she's breed for 2m4 and that is the races she'll run in. A few of my horses will be running in h'caps next week because they were awful and even if they have to miss one of their group targets until they prove they are good enough then they won't be running in group races.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:10 pm
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

Err i was 4th in the table last season on the flat mate & finished miles behind Josh over the stick so not sure about storming home mate :lol:

Hehe , everyone finished miles behind Josh over the sticks!
And 2nd in prize money on the flat and if your horses had longer noses some of those 43 2nds could easily have been wins.
Anyway....i'm watching you!! :wink:

Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:15 pm
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

Hehe , everyone finished miles behind Josh over the sticks!
And 2nd in prize money on the flat and if your horses had longer noses some of those 43 2nds could easily have been wins.
Anyway....i'm watching you!! :wink:

noted :lol:

Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:38 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

First of all Martin has your Girlfriend ever worked on the end of a Phone I am pretty sure I heard that voice somewhere before :wink: lol

Well its always good to get a winner on day 1 and Dan Bigger Carried on the way he won the six nations Championship Triple Crown and Grand Slam for wales last Saturday against the other home nations with a win on the jumps. But sadly my flat donkeys will be running on the beaches at Kempton, Wolverhampton, Southwell, Newcastle, Lingfield again this season looking for a all weather Championship.

Gray

Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 2 winner

simpleminds wrote:
First of all Martin has your Girlfriend ever worked on the end of a Phone I am pretty sure I heard that voice somewhere before :wink: lol

Well its always good to get a winner on day 1 and Dan Bigger Carried on the way he won the six nations Championship Triple Crown and Grand Slam for wales last Saturday against the other home nations with a win on the jumps. But sadly my flat donkeys will be running on the beaches at Kempton, Wolverhampton, Southwell, Newcastle, Lingfield again this season looking for a all weather Championship.

Gray

Dan Bigger was used as a finisher by Wales this season and his namesake did you proud by finishing in style

A few of your other jumpers did ok as well

Jim

Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:11 pm
Group 1 winner

Very decent looking start to the season for me, lots of strong runs and 5 total wins, 3 on the flat and 2 on the jumps.

FLAT

Rocket Man - 2nd - Ran wide which did not aid his cause and gave too much to the rail running 'colossus'. Will be better over 1m.

Race From The Storm - 4th - My top 1m 3yo, found out a little today, but not a terrible showing but more to find if he wants to challenge for the 2000 and stable mate 'Rocket Man' for the top slot in the team.

Racketeering - 3rd -No real complaints with how he ran, tracked the leaders nicely but simply could not find enough to over turn them.

To Deny The Flash - 1st - Ran a blinder and exactly as she does at home, was caught in the exhibitions and that's always a worry in league races but reacted superbly when challenged today, rare 3yo winner for me and creates confidence for the 1000 guineas race I have never really had a sniff at previously.

Redemption - 3rd - Tracked the leaders well and timed his run to just get his nose in front, ultimately just beaten by better horses in the last 1f.

Your Turn To Wonder - 4th - Not her ideal distance and it showed a little today, ran a decent enough race, just failed to really steal a march on her rivals and ran out of puff at little in the closing stages.

Shuffles Off In Wonder - 1st - Bred specifically to try and push my long distance stayers on from pervious seasons and cannot fault his maiden display today against what you know is another Morgan machine. Took the race to them with a hard push at the 5f mark, just held on. Dead heats all season long will do for me :)

The Radiance of Pigs - 1st - Stole a march on his rivals by totally avoiding them in Dubai, turned on the jets and looked comfortable with his win. Will get tougher from here though.

JUMP

Warlock - 4th - Nothing wrong with what he did today, will be a lot better when going over his preferred hurdles, if anything he did too well as will not have much room to work with in the handicaps should he go into them.

Time To Play The Game - 2nd - My first real disappointment of the day as I think she made a bit of a mess of this when it really mattered. Meandered around the back as is her style, and negotiated her way into a challenging position well by the 5f from home, went to sleep on the bend and lost a load of ground, before finding another gear too late to run down the eventual winner.

Extreme Measures - 1st - One of my stable stars and put in a monster of a performance in her debut. Tracked the leaders nicely and said go perfectly five from home, very much the way my 3m chase team go about their business. Remains my Ryanair prospect.

Battle Of The Woodland - 1st - First of the three mile chase team, all of whom have their breeding from my 'Battle' line. Ran well enough, jumped his way into the lead a little earlier than I would like and made it a stamina contest before blundering his way through the 2nd last and making a race of it, good final jump settled it though. Good performance.

The Dark Lord - 5th - Not entirely surprised by this, she is someway behind some of my other 2.4m chasers, an area my depth is a little thin. Never really seemed to settle into her running style and jumped badly when it mattered. 'Aereomerta' looked impressive and a deserved winner.

Show Your Colours - 2nd - Another who could not really decide where he wanted to be, but was in a decent position to challenge from at the business end, just beaten for pace by the long staying 'Mayweather'

Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:21 pm
Handicapper

First races with these big field maidens are really hard to judge especially at the flat, you g et a bad position really fast and the race is gone.

Happy about my 3 NH wins and 8 of 9 in the money, looking forward to day 2.

Big thank you to the team great work as always!!
Good luck everyone tonight!

Moliets Surfer

Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:28 pm
Group 3 winner

Congrats to all winners and places
race 5 over jumps viking flagship maiden .. martin your partner cracked me up .. where are they .. there taking there time .. brilliant
bad day for me on day one .. 2yo and 3yo are not horses i put in the league
i somehow put 3 flat horses in wrong distances .. need to change that on tom
Hollywood Do 2yo ran great race for me
Gold Lonesome 5th thought i pinched that race lol
Norman Wisdom ran a cracker stayed on from the back to finnish 2nd to jango horse cosmo
jumps not many runners
Hello Dolly ran good 6th
Stars Of Hollywood ran terrible was my best hope in the bumper flat race
yes Martin mungo was the dog and midge was the mouse but your wrong they did live with marys mum and dad lol
thanx to the team and top comms
ps i did post this message but did not come up on this forum ?

Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:31 pm
Group 1 winner

TOM National hunt trainers log all over the places says there has only been 4 wins today

Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:49 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 120  Next