View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Just had a nice surprise, I must have missed a race this morning and my ghostcatcher won the 5f 2yo race. All my two year olds really struggled in the warm up races so that was fantastic to have a winner.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:14 pm
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
TOM National hunt trainers log all over the places says there has only been 4 wins today

That is above my pay Paul lol.

Gray

Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 2 winner

Terrible day on the flat. Most of my horses ran like donkeys. There's still tomorrows races. I sent my best horses to the big money races in Dubai.

One winner over fences. My world hurdle horse just got up to win his maiden race.

My NH horses really jumped poorly, either clattering fences or jumping like gazelles and there are a few jockeys I would like to sack due to their race tactics, tactics is often a problem with the large fields in some of the maiden races.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:17 pm
Group 2 winner

A huge shock for me today with BRM winning the 4m maiden chase.

Delighted to see her be competitive but probably the last maiden you want to win as she’ll have a high weight for the National now.

Anyway as a low tier trainer I will take any win!

Great to be back guys, you all do a great job

Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:52 am
Group 1 winner

Bumper day for me 3 winners in each code all of them getting
off the mark in maiden company

UKRA
Catra Sanc
Stormin Norman
Anne of Troy

NHC
The Headwrecker
Maxxine De Angelo
Geezabird

Huge thanks to the team appreciate the hard work and effort you all put in
Many Thanks to the commentators
well done to the winners and placers

Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:37 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Day 2 was not as productive as day 1 for me.

I expected this because with none of my horses last season running further than 12f so my trials didnt have a good benchmark to gauge them against.

R14 "Stinger" managed 3rd hating the going and chasing Vinnies horse "Chizhou Creator" who made it look easy. Thats a horse to watch!

R15 "Jango's Jewel" didnt let me down but had to fight hard from Josh's horse to win by a Sht Hd. Already Josh and i have swapped wins a couple of times with the smallest of margins.

R16 "Headmaster" with a 3rd place. 12f say no more. This distance will be the focus of the window for me i think.

R17 "Dancer" grabbed 4th. Not bad considering its a new distance for me and i think this horse might need further.

R18 "Orpheus" with a 3rd place. Again a new distance but ran up well so might change the distance next outing. To answer Doug's question its not a returning horse.

R20 "Budgie Smuggler" 5th. 12f (sighs) I do note that Pauls pacemakers are looking very strong!

R23 "Stolen" ran 2nd. Had high hopes but the jockey decided dropping back to last at the halfway mark was a good idea. :roll: Did well to recover and i still have faith.

R24 "Avalanche" 2nd by a head. Happy with that, shows promise.

David and Martin are sure off to a cracker start. This season promises to have me using some very bad language watching the races! :lol:

Thanks to all the volunteers.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:43 am
Group 1 winner

C'mon chaps.... "Fear lies and tits" & "Testicles" lets have some decorum when naming horses!

Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:04 am
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:
C'mon chaps.... "Fear lies and tits" & "Testicles" lets have some decorum when naming horses!

:lol: I think you have misunderstood Stu

I Love the book Fear lies and tits if your into bird watching and blue tits in particular its the book for you

upload pics online

Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:14 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It describes more journals like "BILD" in Germany or "The Sun" in England.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:16 am
Group 2 winner

Anadin wrote:

Someone has the joys of "Never Mind The Bullocks" tonight :lol:.
That one and "Pretty Vacant" were named especially for Doug.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:08 am
Group 1 winner

I been Naming a horse's Who Far Ted and It not far Ted and all sorts of Far Ted but none where good enough for the league Stu lmao.

Gray

Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

i named a hose called Douglas Warren and he is my first winner so far :D

Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:55 pm
Group 1 winner

Seems like normal service has resumed for me on day 2, nil points over the flat but a barnstorming 4 win performance from the jumpers, though I do have the rather embarrassing point of having race run all my own wins today.

Sodding FLAT

Cash In Your Chips - 2nd - Ran a really nice race, just could not over turn one of Jango's..........I have been known to go off people.

My Fair Maiden - 10th - Really thought I had a decent leger horse this year, will not even make the race on this evidence.

Sweet Harmony - 2nd - Ran a decent race against a whole bunch of fillies, least he will not have to see them again for the Derby.

The Gunslinger - 2nd - My seasonal love affair with 'sodding seconds' is in full swing today it seems...............

Star Wars - 2nd - Meh, just meh..

Holding Folding - 6th - Well least it was not another 2nd.

The Book of Eli - 3rd - Ran down on the line to diminish any remaining interest I have in this seasons flat races.................. :)

Splendid JUMP

Pray For The Queen - 2nd - Needs 4m+ really so this was a decent enough showing and she was making ground in the closing stages, expect she will go into the national with a bonza rating.

Battle Of Agincourt - 1st - Another of the 'battle' line of 3m chasers and he got a nice win without really running all that well, little snatchy and his jumping was at times awful, clattered a few, 'air'ed' a few others and I was sure he took off to soon for the last. I'll take it, will need to improve though.

The Extreme - 10th - One of my stable stars and ran a really solid race until getting boxed on the rail 3f from home by a rapidly retreating 'Middleton Sunrise' from the Cherrie stables, never recovered, poor work from the jockey. May rob you all in a handicap next week.

The Black Lass - 2nd - Left it a little late and Leon's chase team need a lot more respect than that, made up some decent ground late, but left herself with too much to do.

Sins To Forgive - 1st - Really pleased to see him do well as he has been on the trial sheets for a while now, there is simply nothing I can fault him for, ran well jumped well finished well.

Years In The Making - 1st - Though he does not have the name he is another 'Battle' bred horse, mixed with last years Gold Cup winner. Uber impressive, ran exactly to script and remains one who will have the Gold Cup in mind later in the season.

Fruits Of Your Labours - 1st - So my race card comments pre race 'Fast Finisher' were really played out today, have seen it in trial but not sure I have seen that sort of speed in the final 2f in any of my jumps horses before in a league race, from nowhere to a 7l winning margin. Wow.

Your World Within - 3rd - One I would have bet heavily on before the race, had a bit of a shocker, never settled, ran in the wrong position and for me I was not watching a horse I recognised, should show improvement.

The Perfect Monster - 4th - Another who had something of a head scratching performance, well positioned throughout the race, set herself nicely at about the 5f mark to go boom and pressed the button at 4f, then she just stopped let three horses run by and meandered on same pace. My 2m chase and hurdle teams might need a little bit of breeding magic.............

Pray For Another Day - 2nd - Both my national horses did the worse thing they could this week, run 2nd, get a rating but not take a win to show for it. Though I cannot fault him, I thought he ran a really decent race and simply got out stayed in a nice finish.

Unlimited Power - 4th - Odd race this, at the 2f mark they were all still in an orderly queue behind the pace setting 'Thunderstruck Mawsem' and they hardly looked like they were racing, not entirely convinced but it is just possible my 2m class maybe a bit pants.

Josh

Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:07 pm
Group 1 winner

delmonty1964 wrote:
i named a hose called Douglas Warren and he is my first winner so far :D

Winner winner, chicken dinner for Del tonight :-)

Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:40 am
Group 1 winner

Pommard wrote:
Anadin wrote:

Someone has the joys of "Never Mind The Bullocks" tonight :lol:.
That one and "Pretty Vacant" were named especially for Doug.

Let's hope I don't pronounce 'vacant' like Johnny did ;-)

Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 120  Next