View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Just one winner again today

Mighty Stu Grey
Gets off the mark after falling on debut great that Stu got to
do the comms a special moment.

Congratulations to the winners and placers
Many thanks to all involved

Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:51 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

follis86 wrote:
NPG319 wrote:
Well my Grade 2 winner from last season picked up her first win for this season in a 0-120 chase - never thought I'd have a returning horse that could win.
Gray pipped me again on the post in another race so I almost got two wins for the day on the hunt.

On another note, the 5f sprint from Sandown (Coral Sprint Handicap) - I think we need to can that track/start/distance and move the sprint to another track. Half the field had no chance from a wide draw as the start is on a bend.

Congrats on your returning winner Doug!

I think the Sandown race should have been ran on the straight course. My horse Durex Me Up has won this race 2 years running but last year it was the straight course.

Delighted to have my first horse win the same race 2 years in a row

Thanks F1 :-)
And congrats winning the same race 2 years in a row.

This highlights another problem with the league - different race runners having different tracks. We need to work towards race runners having identicle race kits so trainers know what they're entering into. Probably too late to do this with SO6 but hopefully with all the improvements announced for SO7 this can be fixed.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:58 am
Group 1 winner

We’re pinning a lot of hope on SO7 fixing everything......easy for the race runners to take files from gray to use, I have done it previously maybe due a refresh?

Anyho, 2 wins today both on the NH. ‘Time to Kill’ finally got back in the winners circle with an impressive run in the King George. She has been agitated or snatchy in her last three runs though, and doubts remain that she’ll stay for the gold cup. Consequence of Stars picked up the other coming from a long way back and showing great staying speed.

With wins spread out amongst the NH team and racekit results so hit and miss hard to say who my best horses are at what distances right now.

Last edited by Githyanki on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:48 am
Group 1 winner

NPG319 wrote:
Well my Grade 2 winner from last season picked up her first win for this season in a 0-120 chase - never thought I'd have a returning horse that could win.
Gray pipped me again on the post in another race so I almost got two wins for the day on the hunt.

On another note, the 5f sprint from Sandown (Coral Sprint Handicap) - I think we need to can that track/start/distance and move the sprint to another track. Half the field had no chance from a wide draw as the start is on a bend.

I should of run this race has I have the 5f Straight course but forgot the other runner didn't you cant move it Doug it is run at this course on eclipse day.

:lol:

Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:05 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

As a side note it is good to see your horses mixing it up on the NH Doug, I expect a product of actually playing an NH game. It is much easier to be competitive there than the flat and should be something encouraged for newer trainers.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:52 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
As a side note it is good to see your horses mixing it up on the NH Doug, I expect a product of actually playing an NH game. It is much easier to be competitive there than the flat and should be something encouraged for newer trainers.

I won flat races in my first season - it wasn't til my fourth hunt season that I cracked my first winner. It has helped that Gray has introduced a lot more low rated hunt races.
Besides my horse, Deep Miss who won a G2 race last season - the rest of my winners have been low rated hunt - a similar quality of race to lower rated flat races.
Deep Miss was a flat cast off and I think it was just pure luck that it did anything. Although I think I may now understand what makes a hunt horse tick.

So it's hard for me to encourage a new trainer to throw their good horses into the hunt if they have only bred flat horses. Most new trainers who join seem to only play a flat game and if all you have is flat breeding then I don't think it translates over into the hunt.

My theory on my initial success last season in the hunt - For a long time now I have been pollinating my flat with jumps horses - mainly for cruise burst and to also get more long distance.
So I think what happened was Deep Miss had jumps 'DNA' in the back ground. What she also had was a full potential bar or near full - what she didn't have was speed. I think CB was average.
My theory is that chasers don't need as much speed as flat or hurdle horses but potential bar is important. I am only dealing in chasers as I think the hurdles are too hard to win - I think you still need really good flat horses to win hurdle races
My strategy is to avoid Novice class like the plague and only run in open grade. I focus on chase because pull ups, lost jockey or falls strikes every trainer - no one is favoured.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:33 pm
Group 1 winner

never mind sandown goodwood is THE worst course in the game watch it destroy a week of racing next week or try running a race in ck on course b and see what happens at the finishing line lol or it could be just me

Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:04 pm
Group 1 winner

I would agree with your assessment to a degree Doug, less of both cb and speed in my jump lines and thus easier to make a mark on jump training. Every time I have added those in from flat my standard drops and I still get surprised at how bad what turns out to be a g1 class jumper can look on paper. Anyway nice to see your more competitive.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:43 pm
Selling plater

So with all this going on at what tracks better and whats terrible////

I VOTE more South African races hahahha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:43 pm
Group 1 winner

timmy0412 wrote:
So with all this going on at what tracks better and whats terrible////

I VOTE more South African races hahahha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahahaha i vote more Australian tracks :-)

Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:47 pm
Group 1 winner

just run a race at goodwoods track b and see what happens at the finishing line on mine the horses head for the hills and run away

Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:51 pm
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
just run a race at goodwoods track b and see what happens at the finishing line on mine the horses head for the hills and run away

This i want to see :-)

Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:03 pm
Group 1 winner

try it over a 1m2f race

Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:06 pm
Group 1 winner

Gray im away this weekend :D :D

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:18 pm
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Gray im away this weekend :D :D

Looks like Stu's on his own.

Gray

Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 120  Next