View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Handicapper

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Shaka wrote:
Good buzz to get off the mark

Thanks to all involved for making the league what it is

congrats :)

Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:44 am
Group 1 winner

Shaka wrote:

Well done :-)
Hopefully another winner on the way for you soon :-)

Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:09 am
Group 2 winner

Flat

2 winners today. Time River won the AJC Derby and Nairn Castle got off the mark winning the Leedham Maiden. Also a couple of nice placers.

Jump

No winners today. A very mixed bag of results, a couple of placers, a couple of mid-field finishes and a couple of fallers.

On a slightly different note. Did the Kranji Mile have too many runners for that type of racetrack? There was 20 runners and any horse drawn higher than 12 was out of the race after the first bend.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:26 am
Group 3 winner

Shaka wrote:

Well done and congrats! :D

Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:13 am
Group 3 winner

Four winners again this week. Really pleased with that. I still havn't had a multiple winner, so it is nice that different horses in the stable can win. All wins on the flat, the Hunt is still hit and miss I think.

Well done to all involved, it is a great season so far. Now roll on Royal Ascot :D

Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:15 am
Group 1 winner

One on the hunt for me.... Too many horses in most of the others, so draws and trouble in running has become my nemesis...

Well done too all winners and those with their first past the posts :)

Cant get excited about next week on the flat with only 8 races 0-90 below out of 38 ???? A disgusting bias towards the better trainers.

Wannabe wrote:

On a slightly different note. Did the Kranji Mile have too many runners for that type of racetrack? There was 20 runners and any horse drawn higher than 12 was out of the race after the first bend.

Better add, Wolvehampton, Southwell, Kempton etc. I am sure there is more where field sizes need cutting, not just G' races.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:30 am
Group 1 winner

Congratulations to Mr Wheeler on breaking your maiden with not 1 but 2 wins on the week.

My horses ran their worst week all season. A couple lowly handicap placings and a handful of fifths. Overall most of mine have earned checks so far so it has been a decent enough season considering I barely put any effort into coming up with new stock this season.

This has been going on for years now. What is the deal with the UK dirt courses? There are always about half the horses in any given race who run 8 to 10 wide
the whole race. The jockeys never even attempt to cut inside. It's been driving me crazy for a long time now. I don't give instructions to my horses with the exception of "Don't lead". I won't give the "prefer inside" instruction because that often times leads to traffic and the jockey getting my horse DQ'd. I may have to start telling them to prefer inside now.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:04 am
Group 1 winner

Blank on the flat, 2 wins on the NH one of which was just when I had decided my 4yo hurdlers were no good. Funny old game.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:00 am
Group 1 winner

Quote:
Cant get excited about next week on the flat with only 8 races 0-90 below out of 38 ???? A disgusting bias towards the better trainers.

14 total handicaps and 4 maidens, so I am not sure it is a disgusting bias, it is also ascot. And chances are you’ll have as much if not more chances for a win in those handicaps than i’ll have in the group races. Carl’s four wins last week to my one for example. Only the absolute top four maybe five flat trainers will really profit from them.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:09 am
Group 2 winner

Anadin wrote:

Weeks 6 and 7 and strange weeks, where you have to have extra group and maiden races for new uploads but here is what I counted up for a few weeks in the flat. You could turn some of the group races in week 6 into maidens but they are obviously still not handicaps.

week 3 - 22 h'cap, 8 group + 5 listed

week 4 - 22 h'cap, 12 group + 2 listed

week 5 - 20 h'cap, 11 group + 5 listed

week 6 - 13 h'cap, 19 group + 3 listed

week 7 - 17 h'cap, 13 group + 3 listed

week 8 - 20 h'cap, 14 group + 4 listed

week 9 - 22 h'cap, 11 group + 5 listed

I appreciate that listed races are probably group races because most top trainers will have horses in these races. I still think that most weeks are a fairly even split.

You could make an argument that it is only the top 6 trainers who have a chance in group races and that therfore you have a lot of races for a few trainers but if you made a schedule using the percentage of trainers for handicap V's group trainers there would only be about 5 group races a week and I know I wouldn't be in the league with so few races to compete in and for some trainers, group wins are a goal to aim for.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:12 pm
Group 1 winner

I had two winners this week and half a bottle of pink bubbles tonight...…...it would have been more than half a bottle but I had to share.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:43 pm
Handicapper

Beside many 2nd and 3rd places I had 3 NH wins this week, a Novice Hurdle win by Alberts Eyes, a G2 Novice Chase by Aereolove and an outstanding G1 2m Morgiana Hurdle win by my Season 8 comebacker Orange Eyes, she had a G2 win in Season 7 and now crowned her career. She still had a massive impact on my breeding program and I'm sure there will come many more "eyes" out of her in the future, such a nice horse!

Congrats all winners and a big thank you to the team!

Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:01 pm
Selling plater

Always a thrill to send out a winner. I've given Namecheck Hotel a couple trips to see where he's best and it would seem he needs every yard of 4, 1f. All the same I wouldn't mind seeing him take on the cross country at Cheltenham over 2f shorter.

I've been sending out also rans since the SO3 days, which must be getting on ten years ago now. I've probably sent out about a dozen or so winners in that time, so to say the novelty is still very much alive would be an understatement! I don't do the farming technique mastered by some on here as i prefer to just play the game and export anything that does well in game, so the possibility of having a potential National horse is just so very exciting. I've only had 2 horses win more than one race in a season, but this one is easily the best I've ever had. It's what the league is all about.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:03 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
14 total handicaps and 4 maidens, so I am not sure it is a disgusting bias, it is also ascot. And chances are you’ll have as much if not more chances for a win in those handicaps than i’ll have in the group races. Carl’s four wins last week to my one for example. Only the absolute top four maybe five flat trainers will really profit from them.

Wannabe wrote:

I appreciate that listed races are probably group races because most top trainers will have horses in these races. I still think that most weeks are a fairly even split.

You could make an argument that it is only the top 6 trainers who have a chance in group races and that therfore you have a lot of races for a few trainers but if you made a schedule using the percentage of trainers for handicap V's group trainers there would only be about 5 group races a week and I know I wouldn't be in the league with so few races to compete in and for some trainers, group wins are a goal to aim for.

OK, point taken & we really don't want this to go the way of some other threads, although 2 things, 0-110's are top tier handicaps & very rarely will they be won by anyone else other than the top 5/6, 0-100's can be won by a top tier trainer as well, off top weight, so just adding up handicaps per week, does not give you a fair refelection as they include the 0-100/110's (which are predominately won by the 5/6) Secondly, no need for maidens now that we can go straight to enter G level, so add the listed to the G races and maidens then, and we have 30 races that are more than likely won by 5/6 trainers, if we do not see this as a bias then I will say no more.

Whether the aim is to win G races or not, there is still more trainers in the league that are in the bottom 2/3rds.

I am sorry, that I do have this bee in my bonnet that the minority are catered for, far more than the majority.

This issue sadly will go on until the cows come home :) maybe if there is another S06 league we can think of divisions where the top 5/6 can battle out week in and week out in G's and a 2nd division where the majority get more than 8 races that they have an opportunity to win.

The same goes Jim for the lower end, I am sure we don't want to be in a league with so few races to compete in.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:13 pm
Group 3 winner

I think we should be comparing the the 90 and below races compared to the 110 and up races, the 0-100 races are on their own, not in either camp. Someone should crunch the numbers, how many trainers fall into each category.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 120  Next