View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
One of my National horses stuck around and didn't finish too far away which was probably my highlight of day two.

Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:29 am
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Decent enough day 2 with 4 wins two off each code, could have been a few more but for some short noses and crappy racekit jockeys......

Alarmingly my jumpers are misfiring right now and my flat team are looking better and better, shows what I know :)

My horses are like that, I only put in 6 hurdlers because I thought they were all rubbish and yet they have out performed my chasers :lol: U just never know what u horses are like until u run them.

Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:37 am
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
Githyanki wrote:
Decent enough day 2 with 4 wins two off each code, could have been a few more but for some short noses and crappy racekit jockeys......

Alarmingly my jumpers are misfiring right now and my flat team are looking better and better, shows what I know :)

My horses are like that, I only put in 6 hurdlers because I thought they were all rubbish and yet they have out performed my chasers :lol: U just never know what u horses are like until u run them.

Nothing you do at home can replicate what happens in the league on one hand you
can end up really disappointed on the other hand amazing surprises surface.

Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:55 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
ghosty wrote:
Githyanki wrote:

Nothing you do at home can replicate what happens in the league on one hand you
can end up really disappointed on the other hand amazing surprises surface.

I agree, my two year olds ran very average in the warm up races and I took out 2 of them with 2 older horses and yet they have all performed well. The problem I have with my chasers is that 90 percent of all horses bred are front runners and so my races are all mad dash races and the league races are never run like that.

Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:13 am
Handicapper

Fantastic day 2 for my stable with 3 wins on the flat and 1 NH win.

Powerful Steps
Surprising G1 dead heat winner in the Black Caviar Lightning Stakes
together with John Morgan's Cove May.
Just entered her to get a race but it seems she made a jump from 3 to 4yo.
This was totally unawaited, had more hope in the 3yo Narsaq who ended 5th.

Call Me At Midnight
Hit the goal line at the right moment and won her 2nd 6f Maiden race.
Good to soft ground or softer is her ground and you can count on her if
we get this ground again, had a nice endspeed coming from the rear of the field.

The Wolf Pack
Nice Maiden win over 14f, stole it from Joshua's My Fair Maiden in the last second, sorry Josh,
without the firm ground it wouldn't been happen, don't think he is as good on softer grounds.

Karl Lagerfeld
Lately bred 1m flat horse who did show some ability in my hurdle trials, now takes a win
in his 2nd maiden race over 2m. He was 3rd over 2m3f so we have to find the right distance in the future.

Thanks to the team and good luck evreyone tonight.

Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:40 pm
Group 1 winner

Massive congratulations to Tam for a couple of G1’s. They are pain in the arse races as half the field gets wiped out before the business end but you have to be there to win them. Congrats, first of more to come.

Anyho, nada on the flat for me and Paul nicking a 0-100 oooo that’s low, shame on you :)

Couple of hunt winners for me, ok I robbed you blind in a handicap but least it was a g2 and and nice g3 win from ‘Battle of the Woodland’. Livid about some of my runs but that’s the race kit, wtf ‘Your world within’ was doing is beyond me, jamming Jimmy’s joint maybe :).......starts to count from now as the G1 jump races have arrived.

Last edited by Githyanki on Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:09 pm
Group 2 winner

A massive win this week taking the pardubicka with Keke Rosberg. He finished 3rd last season and just got his head in front at the end (sorry Alex)

Montoya romped home in a hunters chase so could be more to come from him this season.

That’s 3 wins already on the jumps so I’m delighted. Flat is always a struggle for me but some made the money.

Tam King.... WOW JUST WOW

Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:35 pm
Group 1 winner

I too scored a massive win in the......0-70 handicap for next stop is backyard pony race. Well, it was the first win of the season and I like any win. A couple nice thirds in listed races was encouraging. My jumpers are pathetic. Some nice competition happening so far. See you next week.

Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:33 am
Group 1 winner

Pleasing week as got points on the board with a win on both codes although the maiden win on the hunt was fortunate due to the PU's killing a 7 runner event, but they all count come the end of the season.

Sorry if coms were a bit all over the place on my part this week and if you heard what you thought was a CAT, you were right, hopefully back to my cynical, less than professional self next week.

Well done to all & some good results and surprises, Tam, F1 etc etc.

The Mighty Josh Sutherland Stakes.... :wink: :wink:

Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:05 am
Group 3 winner

Thanks to all our generous volunteers who give their time to make the League run.

Congrats to Tam King on an impressive start to his first season.
His hard work has paid off.

2 wins this week and 5 x 2nds.
I still believe some of my best horses are yet to shine as they "did not quicken" this week.
No doubt the standard has lifted for this season.
Most of my horses easily beat my best horses from last season.

It sure is tight at the top! :shock:

Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:22 am
Group 3 winner

Jango wrote:
Thanks to all our generous volunteers who give their time to make the League run.

Congrats to Tam King on an impressive start to his first season.
His hard work has paid off.

2 wins this week and 5 x 2nds.
I still believe some of my best horses are yet to shine as they "did not quicken" this week.
No doubt the standard has lifted for this season.
Most of my horses easily beat my best horses from last season.

It sure is tight at the top! :shock:

I agree with you. I think I have never had horses with better bars, still they struggle a lot. It is very competetive. Fortunately I got a win with Royal Burgh, and I am really looking forward to more handicaps :D

Still, it is a lot of fun to be part of this, and it is nice to get your weekly fix. I also like the new schedule, it is nice to have time in the weekend to enter horses.

Well done to all, especially for us nearly men, we will hopefully get an upturn in fortunes along the season. And great comms by Martin in the Pardubicka.

Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:19 pm
Handicapper

Managed to off the mark this week with a winner in both codes, Buinness Wars in the Stu Grey Seller on the Jumps (i won this race last year too to get me off mark) and Callover in a 0-70 handicap on the flat, a win is a win tho so happy with both lol.

Almost won the Pardubicka with Rustic Rain, until caught right on the line (well done James), happy with the run tho and hopefully ithe horse will be in the National, may even win a race before then. had a couple of other placed horses so other all was a good week.

Thank you to all the race runners and commentators, you done a great job as usual.

Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:53 pm
Group 1 winner

Looks like I'll have two honest National runners when it comes around - I am happy about that as I only did a couple of bursts of hunt breeding.
I think all my past GN runners have been game bred except for the first SO6 season where I entered two home bred horses who had no chance.

Some ok performances on the flat with a few horses who have performed well so far at Group level (for my stable standards) that are ready for the hcp races.

Good to get the first two weeks out of the way and get hcp ratings so I and other lower trainers can find races that suit.

Good to see a few trainers taking another step up into Group company and good to see Steve will be back at week 6.

Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:25 pm
Group 1 winner

This week seems nicely balanced for the handicap races.

Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:01 pm
Group 1 winner

2 Winners today 1 in each code

Queen of Juventus
Won the Mile listed race for fillies nice to see her get off the mark
not sure she is up to group quality so another win will be tough to find
but its job done for her.

Invictus Maxxamus
Made 2 wins in a row after winning a novice hurdle last week and this
weeks bumper looks potentially smart options open in both divisions for
him.

Congrats to John on his Guineas win monster performance both mine
made the money with decent runs but in a different parish to the winner.

Huge thanks to the team appreciate the hard work and effort you all put in
Many Thanks to the commentators
well done to the winners and placers

Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:12 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 120  Next