View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Handicapper

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
A good week for the Surfers stable with a win and many placings at the flat and 3 wins, ehh no wait, TWO wins at NH, no it must be THREE, no one gets disqualified 2 weeks in a row...

BUT, who cares about disqualifications when you win your first G1 NH race!!! Natures Wind ran like the wind from the front, very impressive and won the Royal Bond Novice Hurdle G1 on heavy ground, didn't think she could bring this home!!

Very impressive win of Cape Thorne Paul, this is a monster and also liked the double of Stephen Rann in the Preakness!! Well done!

Congrats to all winners and placers and many thanks to the league team who make this fantastic league possible!

Moliets Surfer (Holger)

Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:52 am
Group 1 winner

Finished with 2 for the week along with Keys on Monday, I picked up a 1m handicap with Que Danish, so doubled my tally for the season, disappointed with my hunt horses this year even my game bred's are rubbish and they usually do well.

Great spread of wins this season, well done to Adam Auld (1st win of season) Martin (5 wins in the week) Moilets (horses from the heavens) Doug/Daniel (1st win on the HN) Stephen Rann/Paul Rhodes (covering 1st-4th in the Preakness, without my assistance ;-)) and all the other winners.

Looks like I have a Spain V Germany draw in the cup (tough one for the Mediterranean outfit against the machine that is Holger this season)

Be glad of the break to try and turn my stable around for the 2nd part of the season.

Last edited by Anadin on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:01 am
Group 1 winner

Moliets_Surfer wrote:

Very impressive win of Cape Thorne Paul, this is a monster

Many thanks Holger very pleased with him

Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:26 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

ok so lets get this out the way of the 4 milers i uploaded none of them are milers! would appear there 1 7f horse 2 1m1f horses and a 1m2f horse moral of the story trial trial trial that being said my 2000gns horse finished 2nd in the preakness!

really good week the highlight of which was the 1,2 in the preakness pleasing as i didnt think id win a major G1 this season,

a couple of other decent winners 2 seconds in both the 2yo G1s capped off a great week

congrats to everyone notching their 1st wins of the season

and to PJ for that 1m beast classy animal

congrats all runners

Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:20 pm
Group 2 winner

Best week of the season so far for me by a long way with 5 winners and plenty of placers.

Three winners on the flat Bad Attitude took his second win and also has a second so is looking like my stable star on the level this season. Arabella Hotel was a surprise winner, she was in to be a 14 furlong horse but I stupidly entered her in a 10f listed race which was deemed her best run. I only ran her in this 12f race in the hope of getting a decent showing and thus her eligibility for 14f races back. Big surprise that she won. Finally Russian Foxbat took the donkey derby 0-65. That is her first win of the season and frankly I would have been very disappointed if she had failed to win. Twice a winner last season she is my third returning horse to hit the winners enclosure .... so it is possible to compete with returners. Good thirds for Edge of Seventeen, Blue Soul (another returner), a fourth for Playground and a fifth for Starter Home put s me in the lofty position of 9th place in flat wins and 11th in the flat money list.

Over the sticks it was very nearly a bumper week despite my top rated Ettrick Mill not being eligible to run anywhere. Two winners with Nisnas taking the Southern National and Jason King (Department S you are right Stu) winning a novice chase. Three seconds from Easy Way Out, Maid in Europe (returning to defend the SO6 Chase crown) and The Maze, two fourths for At Last and Dancing Days (another returner) and fifths for Melancholy Way (returner), First of the Big Bands, Hello Again and Not Fade Away. As with the flat 9th (joint) in wins and 11th in the money list.

Pleasing week although I am a bit concerned I will end up in a monster division with some of the big boys come the split and a cup run looks unlikely after being drawn against mighty Mr Morgan. Fortunately the comms leagues looks in the bag already as it is turning into man v boys ..... should have taken that 1/3 on offer from BetPJR the other week ! :lol:

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:55 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Lordedaw wrote:
should have taken that 1/3 on offer from BetPJR the other week ! :lol:

now 1 to 33 on ha ha

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
and to PJ for that 1m beast classy animal

congrats all runners

Finjet actually trials better at home by quite a way but just shows you just cant replicate the league at home

serious effort in the Preakness well done mate

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:06 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Nice end to week with three winners on the day, the Irish connection and the beasts arrived in the golden slipper were particularly pleasing.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:53 pm
Group 2 winner

Another week and another flat win.

Freddo was upped to 7f and the win came. This horse was supposed to be my best on the flat but has been bitterly disappointing until this week. Hopefully he will kick on now.

The jumps was shocking this week, hopefully an improvement is just round the corner.

Apologies for missing the live streams his year, been very busy. However, I do listen to the preview shows on the way to work and they are brilliant. Thank you to Gray for uploading them after the live stream

Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:14 pm
Group 2 winner

Finally got to catch up and watch some races, it's been rather manic with Christmas approaching and work (I do my entries and often watch the races in my lunch break) being stupidly hectic.
Day 3 did bring some relief from the gloom, my flat stable does appear to have a virus at the moment because with the odd exception most of them would have been kicked off Blackpool beach this week for being too slow.
At least the jumpers showed a modicum of improvement, a win and 2 seconds on the final day, albeit in lowly handicaps, from my flat cast-offs was a major improvement on previous results.
I pretty much missed all of the live streams this week but that will hopefully be rectified this weekend. I can keep typing WD to everyone else and their winners lol.
Darren

Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:04 pm
Selling plater

I only realised it now i have a race named behind me lol// Week 5 race 37 SANDEMAN HANDICAP and its in South Africa what can be better then that looking forward to the new week. Ohh yesss!!!! lol so happy. And im calling it :]

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:09 pm
Group 3 winner

timmy0412 wrote:
I only realised it now i have a race named behind me lol// Week 5 race 37 SANDEMAN HANDICAP and its in South Africa what can be better then that looking forward to the new week. Ohh yesss!!!! lol so happy. And im calling it :]

That is so cool! I checked and saw that I have one as well. Arrogante Stakes. And it is a 0-70. Very fitting :lol:

This league is only getting better and better!

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:22 pm
Group 1 winner

dont think ive got one, ill just be sitting over here on my own in the corner its ok ill be fine....no seriously im FINE

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:32 pm
Selling plater

jalupen wrote:
dont think ive got one, ill just be sitting over here on my own in the corner its ok ill be fine....no seriously im FINE

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Soon my friend soon :lol: :lol:

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:49 pm
Group 1 winner

I need a hug

Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 120  Next