View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
What a fabulous first days racing for the stable.

2 wins on the flat and 4 wins over fences which included 3 x G1 and 1 x G2 races.

Battle Road Boy was really impressive winning the G1 Sussex Stakes. That's 3 x G1 wins in a row for him after an average start to the season.

Well done to all the winners and placers.

Jim

Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:40 am
Group 1 winner

Wannabe wrote:
NPG319 wrote:
Very happy with my second win in the hunt.
Mr Sandtail ran on well last start that caught my eye - and thankfully that form carried on and the right sort of race presented itself. I was very stoked grasping the lead and the win in the shadows of the post!
Then on the flat in the Goodwood Stakes one of my stayers Jwala Downe found the right conditions and race to suite and out stayed the rest - I knew he had a win in him and it finally happened.
Greylami Via my key sprinter finished a quarter length second and was only beaten by the wide gate - if it pinged near the rail it may have held on.

All in all it has been a disappointing season so far - my stable are the best horses that I have ever entered - even the cast offs for the Hunt. But my Flat team are finding it hard to win.

Looking forward to the next two days!

Well done on your 2 wins.

In the flat game, there is a lot of emphasis put on green bars. I reckon I have the best green bars that I can have. Apart from some of Pauls horses, my green bars are right up there near the top.

When I first bred horses with these good bars, they ran OK but not G1 class. I reckon I have bred about 10 - 15 generations of these types of horses, breeding only the best horses of each generation with each other and have seen small but steady improvements in the performance of these horses. On average it takes me about 4 seasons of breeding each generation of horses to breed enough good horses in that generation, so probably about 50 seasons in total.

I am lucky, since I retired, I can spend about 5 hours a day breeding, so I get through the generations of horses quite quickly. I only breed for the league now as the normal game has become a little stale as my horses win 95% of the Group races. The other factor that helps me breed generations of horses quickly is, in both my flat and jumps games, the season only lasts 5 months and not the 11 months of a standard season.

Just keep at it and the wins will come.

In conclusion, I think once you get horses with good bars, just keep breeding the best with the best and you will produce horses that can compete at the very top.

I remember Paul saying something similar a year or so ago.
I see it in my own game where a horse has really good bars and does not a lot - another horse with identicle bars blitzes everything.
I'm not expecting to jump above 0-100 but hopefully the hcps for the rest of the season start to balance out.
Well done scoring four of the first eight hunt races. Thankfully yours suffered the pull up curse in the race that my horse won :-)

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:45 am
Group 3 winner

NPG319 wrote:
Mr Sandtail ran on well last start that caught my eye - and thankfully that form carried on and the right sort of race presented itself. I was very stoked grasping the lead and the win in the shadows of the post!
Then on the flat in the Goodwood Stakes one of my stayers Jwala Downe found the right conditions and race to suite and out stayed the rest - I knew he had a win in him and it finally happened.
Greylami Via my key sprinter finished a quarter length second and was only beaten by the wide gate - if it pinged near the rail it may have held on.

All in all it has been a disappointing season so far - my stable are the best horses that I have ever entered - even the cast offs for the Hunt. But my Flat team are finding it hard to win.

Good on ya mate, congrats.
I dream of the day.... cant wait for the next season :lol:

Wannabe 3 x G1's, that must taste sweet.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:01 am
Group 2 winner

I think another thing that makes it hard to win is every trainer has better horses every league season. I look at some of the screenshots of horses from "mid table" trainers and the bars of these horses are excellent.

Like I said, I have plenty of time to breed, but when you have a wife and kids and a job, it is not so easy finding the time to spend on generation after generation of breeding.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:20 am
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
NPG319 wrote:

Good on ya mate, congrats.
I dream of the day.... cant wait for the next season :lol:

Wannabe 3 x G1's, that must taste sweet.

Place your horses right this season and you may well crack a winner!
Find hcp races were you are not top weight - upper mid in the weights/ratings seems a good place to be :)

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:26 am
Group 3 winner

NPG319 wrote:

Very happy for you, Doug. And great commentating when you realized your horse was going to win. :D

Congrats with two wins on the day.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:38 am
Group 1 winner

just the 1 runner today clapperboard drawn 14/14 ran so wide it finished 2nd at ascot unfortunately the race was at goodwood! starting a 7f race on a bend killed the race some of these tracks are truly awful oh well onto tonight,another night of frustation screaming and moaning then i'll watch the stream!

congrats all runners

Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:10 pm
Group 3 winner

jalupen wrote:
just the 1 runner today clapperboard drawn 14/14 ran so wide it finished 2nd at ascot unfortunately the race was at goodwood!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:42 pm
Group 1 winner

Two winners on the flat neither of which were expected. Blank on the jumps. Loads of lovely sodding seconds.........

On the plus side as a race runner I have finally achieved one of the two jockey cam events I have been trying/hoping for since the season started, hope that race makes the live stream tonight. :)

Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:24 pm
Group 1 winner

3 Winners on the flat and 1 over the sticks

Cowa Zacki
made it 2 win from 3 races since the window and puts herself into contention for the
leger after her Group 3 win.

Karl Marx
also makes it 2 wins from 3 starts since the window firmly on target for the Cadran

Winx
Been banging on the door all season and finally gets a win when she dead heated
in the 1M4F listed race hopefully not her last win.

26 of the 30 flat horses who have represented the stable this season have won races
very proud of that.

Fort Lauderdale
Won the King George last week and this week added the Hennessy Gold Cup which
makes him my first NHC Multiple G1 winner im delighted with him.

Congrats to the winners and placers
thanks to the team comms class as always

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:23 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
3 Winners on the flat and 1 over the sticks

Cowa Zacki
made it 2 win from 3 races since the window and puts herself into contention for the
leger after her Group 3 win.

Karl Marx
also makes it 2 wins from 3 starts since the window firmly on target for the Cadran

Winx
Been banging on the door all season and finally gets a win when she dead heated
in the 1M4F listed race hopefully not her last win.

26 of the 30 flat horses who have represented the stable this season have won races
very proud of that.

Fort Lauderdale
Won the King George last week and this week added the Hennessy Gold Cup which
makes him my first NHC Multiple G1 winner im delighted with him.

Congrats to the winners and placers
thanks to the team comms class as always

When i start to tire from grinding through the breeding seasons in search of that extra performance i use your posts as motivation (and a strong coffee) to push on. :mrgreen:

Cheers

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:55 am
Group 1 winner

Jango you have made an excellent start keep going buddy

Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:08 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Big day for me. Put Indy won the G2 novice chase. I have never won a graded race before so this is a landmark. I have started to make more effort with my breeding and the new uploads shows that I must have done something right. Hopefully I can build on this for next season.

Big thanks to the team, great job as always!

And I must say I was pretty nervous with that stewards enquiry before Put Indy was confirmed a winner :lol:

Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:01 pm
Group 1 winner

4 winners today out of 8 runners whole team giving a really good account of themselves

R13- Triple Threat 1st 4yo serves it up to his younger counterparts though might be too high for a run at melbourne now

R16- Brute Force 1st uploaded in the window drawn 26/31 could be a star in the making still only rated 108 (thanks sirrius) altough did go up 14lbs for this win

R17-Profound Moment 1st took a long time to get going finally DH with leons horse better on sand will go to breeders cup

R18-Twisted Logic 1st dual derby winner takes the King George in some style as well he goes from strength to strength crack at the arc for him

honorable mentions Sum of all part 3rd failing by 3/4 l to give 9lbs and Devils Eye 3rd failing by 3/4l over a trip too short and giving 3lbs great day for the team

congrats all runners

On a side note really missing the preview shows from the live stream come on compo cleggy and foggy lets get it up and running again please

Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:38 pm
Handicapper

My 2nd NH Group win with Orange Eyes winning the G2 Welsh Champion Hurdle with a last good jump beating Sirius Spoken For on the line.

Sunrise Phenomenom won a Hcap Hurdle on day 1 to make it her 2nd Hcap win.

Congrats to all winners and placers!

Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 120  Next