View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Wannabe wrote:
Another nice day for the stable. A couple of placers on the flat and 2 winners and 4 placers over fences.

Baxterstreet Boy won a 2m 4f hurdle moving into a challanging position with 3f to go and running on strongly to win by a couple of lengths.

Manorpool Boy won a 2m 3f hurdle just getting up on the line. He was a surprise winner as his best distance is 2 miles and I only entered him into the race because there was no shorter race available. Luckily, with the 3f rule he will still be eligible for 2 mile races.

An honourable mention must go to Crimepool Boy who was just run into 2nd by a head in NHF race. Thought he was going win, but was just pipped on the line.

Also, I must mention Greenpark Lad who ran in a 3m 5f race and finished 4th. This is probably the best result I have ever had for a longer distance horse as this maiden was in effect a G1 race. I will try him in the Moores Millions 4m 2f race next week and see if he stays the distance. I was thinking of him as a possible Grand National horse but after his 4th place, he is already quite high in the handicap.

After only 2 days racing, Paul is looking good for the flat title.

Congrats to all the winners and placers.

The comms were magnificent as usual. The league wouldn't be the same without all these splendid commentators.

Well my coms sound like they used to be in the betting shops back in the late 70's very authentic plenty of noise in the background sound crap and the muffling while you get the great modern Commentator like Martin and the tipsy but wonderful Aussie ancient of Doug throw in some African Coms from Tim you got the lot.

Has for the Budgies its spring so they back in the Garden enjoying the warmer weather.

Gray

Tue May 02, 2017 12:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

I miss those budgies!

Tue May 02, 2017 1:58 pm
Group 2 winner

Back down to earth with an almighty bump on day two.

On the flat both of my older sprinters Flemi Blue and Gypsy Soul were done for toe in their respective races and look like they will have to have their sights lowered. Mona The Groaner was woeful and her chances o making the St Leger line up are all but in tatters. She is untried over more than a mile and three quarters but I may well throw her in a long distance race if she is eligible. Unless she shines there she is looking likely to be groaning all the way back to the paddocks. This Is The Day was probably the biggest disappointment and the only highlight al at the same time. I thought she had come through to win her race 3 out and then she just hit the wall. Can't explain that one as she is an out and out 10 -12 furlong horse. I still think she can pick up a race although maybe not at the grade I had hoped.

Jumpers were poor too. Ring Your Harmonies and The Dealer were well outpaced and outclassed and Get Back unseated. Kossoff ran well for a long way and am still hopeful for him. Wheatfield Soul was my best performer tough until she hit the wall. Will probably be better over slightly shorter or the larger obstacles. Still hopeful she will pick up a prize.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Tue May 02, 2017 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Day two and still nothing to report, although similar to Josh, alot of my NH horses need different conditions, so still hopeful especially as "Redfoot Hammer" beats "The Name is Frank" (2nd in QM last season) over 2M's regular in trials. Looking forward to seeing the returning "Libranno" (national) runs this evening so we will see if at 10 he is over the hill or not.

The flat will be clever positioning this year, rather than the "run it & see" protect some of those marks better for bigger handicaps in the season, I have never planned horses and I do not have any ideas where they will go.... Usually ;-)

"Dirty Prawn" 70 rated 3yo from last year popped up with a 3rd in a smallish field for a sprint last night albeit not a race full of monster trainers so happy with that and finally off the mark with some money, raised 26lbs in the handicap hahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: I have now picked myself up..... (Tough job handicapping, was NH handicapper back in the day so no complaints) just a mention :wink:

Tue May 02, 2017 6:53 pm
Group 1 winner

My apologies. I knew I'd miss a returning mark somewhere. The 70 mark was easy to overlook compared to a returner with a 100 something mark.

For future reference for anyone who notices an obvious mistake like this one with one of their horses please feel free to tell me in the handicappers thread.

Tue May 02, 2017 8:38 pm
Group 1 winner

Most of my runners were run slightly out of their comfort zones the first week to get decent marks. Bad performances across the board.

Congrats to all winners and thanks to all who make it possible.

The mysterious Gene Rosen has a UK email addy so he/she is perhaps not an Amerricun. Congrats to mean Gene for his outstanding debut.

Wed May 03, 2017 12:53 am
Group 1 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
My apologies. I knew I'd miss a returning mark somewhere. The 70 mark was easy to overlook compared to a returner with a 100 something mark.

For future reference for anyone who notices an obvious mistake like this one with one of their horses please feel free to tell me in the handicappers thread.

No apologies required Sirus, you do a fine job... Thanks for the drop tho ;-)

Wed May 03, 2017 1:16 am
Group 1 winner

3 Winners today 1 on the flat and 2 over the sticks

Lets Dance
Is my older 2 miler but she stays 2m4 and she is the back up plan
my No1 Brain Freeze ran disappointingly in the 2m4 maiden finishing
4th so depending on how the next few weeks go Lets dance could be
promoted she won impressively there by over 3 lengths id imagine its
off to Dubai next for the Gold Cup

Classique
My Arkle horse and was number 2 2mile chaser over all nice debut got
the job done well as always with mine if they get round past half way
they will have a big chance looks like the 2 mile chase division will be strong
for me the retired Mack The Knife will be proud.

Balance
My number 3 (Over all) 2mile chaser the number 1 (Fourth Star) fell this week :P
Moynaghan finished well in 2nd (The No2) great to see this girl getting off the mark
it was a small field but she did it the hard way making all to win handsomely

Week 1 thoughts
FLAT - The flat team has his the floor running 9 of them getting off the mark really
pleased as with everything in life you get highs and lows but could not of dreamt of
a better start to the season only 2 of my 20 runners failed to make the money

NH - This looks really competitive this season the usual suspects John & Leon look
strong I think the tittle will go down to the wire happy with the team 6 of them
getting off the mark and plenty of places to build on too.

Well done to the winners and placers to the others please dont give up
these maidens are like group ones maiden only in name keep going

Martin good to see you had some promising runners today and the
previous few days but Rookie of the week has to go to GENE

Thanks to the team for there valuable time given to make this fun
for all of us

great comms this week from all of you

see you all at Meydan next week

Wed May 03, 2017 6:05 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Mix bag for me on the final day, few flat horses who showed some promise, Mocha Latte and Doom. Both ran well and should pick up wins going forward. NH team finally got off the mark with In Estate of Change, though I knew this was coming, Judgement for Max also ran well even if he did leave it a little late, as did Frozen Kingdom. Disappointed to see the phantom pull up crap is still with us, War Marshal. And the the jockey stop riding ease, Grinding............

Ok opening week, bout the same as last season, though both wins came in races where the Irish were missing. Be a season of careful avoidance I think, and not holding out any hope of a G1 cannot avoid there.

Last edited by Githyanki on Wed May 03, 2017 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed May 03, 2017 8:07 am
Group 1 winner

PS - Congrats Paul on winning the DCC Cup, DCC title, flat title and NH title :)

Wed May 03, 2017 8:10 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
PS - Congrats Paul on winning the DCC Cup, DCC title, flat title and NH title :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lets hope if we have another season before S07 we can change the rules a bit to shake it up as a one off.

Wed May 03, 2017 11:33 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:

Sorry lads STALL THE DIGGER have to say my piece here not a word was said when John dominated last 2 years or when Duke dominated
the season previously or when Andy demolished everyone in the league 4 seasons ago suddenly through hard work i might
add i hit the front early and its me who gets these comments I Have never been top trainer in all my time on here yet its me
who gets targeted with these comments which i dont think particularly help anyone. Is it to try and force me out? I dont know
I would hope not I have been on here for a long long time maybe the longest of any current member probably done more than
most to help the community i think these comments are highly unfair the comment about i won because Irish were missing TBH found
that to be slightly out of order.

I WILL LIVE

I appreciate your hard work doing the race running and thank you for that.

Wed May 03, 2017 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Long Season ahead although was a big surprise to have my only win on flat and a 2yo which will be my best horses my Jumpers are Pants this season but I will try and get back into breeding for a week 5 Upload.

Gray

Wed May 03, 2017 12:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

I am just pulling your leg Paul. Not intended to give offence and retracted utterly if it has done so.

Wed May 03, 2017 1:17 pm
Group 1 winner

As for saying the Irish were missing, horses, I was loosely drawing from the Cheltenham annual battle, not as it maybe read, being discriminatory or nationalist. Was not intended to be offensive and so again I have no qualms in apologising if it has caused any.

Wed May 03, 2017 1:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 120  Next