View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 4:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Githyanki wrote:
Actually makes a mockery of the dcc really if he entered the same volume of races as everyone else :)

Blank on the flat again and considering just retiring the team, after another day of almost nearly and not quite good enough. And just the single win over the sticks.

There is no other races for my horses, they run in the right races for them. I'm not after winning as many as posible but just running the horses in the right races. If a horse wins a group 1 then they stay just in thoses races, I don't get why I would run in a lesser race . My stable just plods along and I struggle to get more than 10 runs a week on the flat. Paul and Steve has way better middle distance horses than me and give jango another season and he'll probably be in front of mine. I waited all SO6 for the right horse to come along and to be called Greenbank Park after my best jump horse in SO5, i'm glad I got the right one for him.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:41 am
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
Thanks boys, I was nervously waiting for that race all day and was back and forth from 8 checking grays utube :D I was shouting for her to get in front of my other horse at the start, she wasn't going to out pace him, around the 3 pole I thought they both were in trouble. Bringing these horses back gives u more pleasure when they come back and run well. James u has a incredible horse in Ashton that's comes back many seasons and runs well, u don't see many horses start on the flat and get better with age over jumps. Paul I'm shocked that my flat horses are still running well, I have a lot less time to play these days and i'm going to enjoy it before SO7 comes out because i'll be well down the pecking order but i'll enjoy plotting my h'capers :D. I'm shocked at my strike rate because I normally do best with my 5 and 6 furlong 2'yos but they have really struggled this season. I tried to get some new 1.4 horses in this window but I'm struggling with them, i'm just breeding my best to my best these days, no fancy breeding that could take a lot of time. My motto has been less time smarter breeding. When I first breed Coigach I knew she was special in game even as a 3yo because she used to put about 25L into the game horses and even the horses I breed she would beat by 5L, I'm glad I got to enjoy her with so many seasons in the league. She has now passed Ghostzapper triple crown win and trully becomes the best horse I ever breed

Well done John, I am sorry that I ended up doing the comms for it, as they didn't match the achievement of the horse :( but we were stuck for time as Tim was unable to do his, so got stuck with me. Although I wont take full responsibility as Gray didn't sync it right either :lol:

Anyway a superb feat...

On another note, can't get a win for love nor money :cry: although Tainted Tina coming 2nd in the 2.5m novice chase at Chelts, look's like a winner at some point, beating a few 150 rated horses on its fto. As Ghostbusters say.... "I got one" :lol:

Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:02 am
Group 3 winner

Well I didn't notice anything the first time I was watching it Stu, it was only after I watched it back that I noticed a slight delay, u boys do a great job on the comms.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:07 am
Handicapper

Congrats John!! At one point I thought you would have wished you didn't enter your other horse! :wink:
Great achievement!!

Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:41 am
Group 3 winner

Moliets_Surfer wrote:
Congrats John!! At one point I thought you would have wished you didn't enter your other horse! :wink:
Great achievement!!

I didn't give her any chance of beating sergeyvich and so I never regretted running him plus if u have 2 and u can run them then u should, that's probably the best she travelled in this race though she doesn't have the finishing kick she once had. Can I take her with me into SO7 :D

Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:44 am
Handicapper

I think she will get a 4th attempt in the winter!!

Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:04 pm
Group 3 winner

Moliets_Surfer wrote:
I think she will get a 4th attempt in the winter!!

Not sure, i'll do what I did this season and run her in game and if she still has ability then there's a chance but I think her potential will drop of a cliff, I was surprised it only went down a bit as a 7 year old. If this is the Las season for her I might try to go back and see what happens when I bred the same parents otherwise i'll try to bred a kid by her, she's not been the best in the breeding barn, my two other stayers are not by her.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:13 pm
Group 1 winner

massive achievement john though not my favourite thought ghostzappers triple crown was monumental never thought that could be done anyway congrats mate

managed another win today with the 1st time out lost at sea (whos a very old horse) just holding on in a G2

anyway new breeding programme underway that i'm calling attack of the clones! cheer up boys it'll soon be christmas

congrats all runners

Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:24 pm
Group 1 winner

3 Winners on the last day of the week

Treaty Of Melbourne
The result of breeding the Derby & Oaks winner absolutely
delighted with his debut a wonderful start to his career thought
the trip would be a furlong too short powered on down the home
straight. A Really pleasing debut its group company next maybe
The Prince of Wales G2 next week not sure il throw him straight
into G1 company yet in the Irish Derby The Coliseum & Picasso
might go there.

Damage Control
Failed Guineas horse one of 4 in my yard :lol: the gelder was on
call and he was to loose the crown jewels if he did not get off the
mark here off his mark not hit the heights I hoped for him but gave
me a 3rd Royal Ascot winner winning the Buckingham Palace Stakes

Rod Laver
Gone from running in handicaps to bolting up in the December Festival
Hurdle Grade One not half bad considering he was my number 3 2 mile
hurdler going into this season delighted with that win and Champion
Hurdle has to come into consideration - This was also my 1st G1 winner
over the sticks.

Half Term Report

UKRA
Been a tough season it's the most competitive flat league ever
which is a good thing. So far only 12 of my team have got
off the mark thats a little disappointing. But Epsom more
than made up for any disappointments this season doing the
Epsom Classic double with the unbeaten Treaty Of Versailles (Oaks)
& The Coliseum (Derby) followed up by a 3rd classic of the season the
same week when Lady Jayne Felsham (Lovejoy Character)
won the Prix Diane in France. The week that will
live long in the memory. Hopefully the team will keep plugging
away and a few more big races might come my way.

NHC
Amazed with how well the jumps team are doing and in the last
couple of week they have come on strong 21 of them already race
winners. the squad has gone way beyond my expectitions from
here on in im just holding on tight and enjoying the ride. Hopefully
a couple of Cheltenham winners will do nicely. Special mention to
Me Andre who has won 3 of his 4 starts and Prime Suspect who has
won 3 of her 5 starts.

Thanks to the team
Congrats to the winners and placers
huge thanks to everyone involved in the comms & shows

Stu Sorry about Mighty Stu Grey he fell - he was going
strong I think he can win a couple of races.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:32 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

I am happy with the one win in a difficult week. Nevertheless won in the Hunt.

Congrats to Gray for eining the Arrogante Stakes, it may not be a big race but I am proud of having a race named after my trainers name.

Well done all involved, we are halfway through the season already.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:42 am
Group 1 winner

One win on the flat with ‘Wait Your Turn’ sneaking the queens vase, the race he joined the team for. Usual load of old cobblers aside from that. And still considering just giving up the flat.

3 maiden wins on the NH and a bunch of places when it matters. ‘Maximum Impact’ the only one who will go onto top graded company.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:19 am
Group 2 winner

Very pleased with 2 wins at Royal Ascot this week, both Handicaps but none the less a Wokingham/Brittania double is very pleasing;

Jingjiang Jugis - Massively surprised by this winning the Wokingham, and seemingly very comfortably too. Was a bit of an afterthought to even upload but may need to get it in the breeding barn now as it's never been thought good enough to have a go, no idea where it'll go now though

Bozhou Ullus - Completely different to Jugis, this was meant to be my stable star when I uploaded my horses. Ran an exceptional race in the Brittania from top weight no less, winning a shade well. I will put this back into group company now after a couple of disappointing runs in both Guineas. However it ran from the front today for the first time which seems to definitely be the key for my horses, just a shame the jockey's haven't realised this as my horses seem about 10lb better when running from the front

Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:07 pm
Group 2 winner

On a side note, would adding about 5 extra handicaps help per week with the schedule? none higher than 0-90? If so I would volunteer to run these extra races if needed, and so not to burden the workload on all the lads who already do a fantastic job?

Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:09 pm
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
On a side note, would adding about 5 extra handicaps help per week with the schedule? none higher than 0-90? If so I would volunteer to run these extra races if needed, and so not to burden the workload on all the lads who already do a fantastic job?

At the moment Vinny - we are at our maximum for flat races.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:30 pm
Group 2 winner

Been no updates at all from me this season as there really hasn't been a lot to shout about. Getting 2 winners in Week 1 which is generally the hardest week had me thinking I might be able to edge closer but alas no. Neither have looked like winning again.

Just the 5 winners so far on the flat is very disappointing and I seem to have gone backwards although it could be more to do with them being a little better and subsequently having a lot near the top of the weights in the low to mid hcaps . Doesn't look as though the 5 I brought in will fare much better so for all intents and purposes the flat appears to be a bit of a write off for me this season.

NH side is a little better with 10 wins including one double winner Now and Then who has won a long distance chase for consecutive weeks and now appears to be my stable star. Burntwood took a G3 last week but finished nowhere this week whereas Facon Melancholique who was due to be transferred out went and won a hcap at Cheltenham confirming how unpredictable the game is.

Highligh for me so far though is Russian Foxbat winning the hunter chase this week as she has now won at least once in every one of the three seasons I have entered. First two over the flat picking up a few middle distance hcaps and now over fences, although she was in as a hurdler. Looking at how the flat team are doing maybe I should have left her in there !

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:40 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 120  Next