View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Two seconds on the flat and one on the jumps. Lots of middlin' performances. About what I expected. Now to place them in good handicap spots.

I own the horse with the most ridiculous name - This Is Where The Fish Lives

It's a quote from a very bad movie called The Touch of Satan that was riffed-on in the show Mystery Science Theater 3000. Please remember it's "Lives" and not live. A very important distinction. :?

Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:58 am
Group 1 winner

Dubai was a bust but my Derby hope Stonehenge got off the mark in a very
stylish manner

A great day again over the sticks with with 5 winners Oh Ruby Shallamar Giggabyte
& Ronaldinho getting off the mark in maiden company and then came my first graded
win of the season when Tower Heist won the Galway Hurdle G2 so in terms of wins and
prizemoney the jumps team is off to a flyer.

Huge thanks to the team appreciate the hard work and effort you all put in
Many Thanks to the commentators
well done to the winners and placers especially Moilets who had the 1,2 in the Plate

Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:34 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Great day on the flat at Dubai with 3 winners a few other placers.

My sprinters won both Dubai sprint races and another sprinter won a maiden earlier in the week so it looks like my sprinters are the best horses for me this season.

One winner over fences but it was another say of poor jumping technique. I am surprised so many horses got around to finish after hitting so many fences.

A big shout out to Tam who won his\her first race in the league and a maiden race at that.

Tam's combined record for the week was 1st x 1, 2nd x 4, 3rd x 2, 4th x 5, 5th x 5. Very impressive for a Rookie.

I was looking at the handicap ratings for Tam's horse and I think Tam is going to struggle to find races for his\her horses, especially on the flat, because he\her has too many horses rated 100+. Too good for handicaps and probably not good enough for group races. Anyway, best of luck to Tam.

Jim

Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:27 am
Group 1 winner

Jim i'm actually stunned i never had a faller this week mine usually jump like drunken sailors

Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:44 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

So nice to have the league back, but I had forgotten how unforgiving the first week is.

But still, some positives:

Fleksnes: Third in the Leger trial, I hope that was not a fluke and that the horse can be competetive in the future.

Cheese Cake: Fourth in the Dubai Duty Free. I think that was a fluke :lol:, but earned a lot of money!

Dina: Fourth in a strong 2 yo maiden.

Saint Saint: Also a third. Hopefully a horse that can do well in handicaps.

NH

Boredom: Third in the Jason Burke maiden and a GN-horse. In the chase everything can happen so I am cautiously optimistic of this one.

Firth of Forth: Did a good run in the Kevcon Maiden, finishing third.

Vocal Performance: also a good run, finishing fourth.

Thanks to the team and the comms. Well done everyone involved with winners and placers this week. I am looking forward to the handicaps :D :D

Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:52 am
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Anadin wrote:
C'mon chaps.... "Fear lies and tits" & "Testicles" lets have some decorum when naming horses!

:lol: I think you have misunderstood Stu

I Love the book Fear lies and tits if your into bird watching and blue tits in particular its the book for you

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:12 am
Group 1 winner

The 1st week as expected.

The only highlight, my 3m hurdler Tainted Tina did very well in the Galway Plate chase running on into 5th. The most annoying was Molly Boots being pulled up 2F from home, jumps the penultimate well and looks good for a place and then Pulls up & the commentator didn't even see it! :wink:

Well done to all winners, losers, hard luck stories and all.

Now to start complaining about some of the handicap marks... :lol:

Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:20 am
Group 3 winner

Thanks to Gray, Sirius and the Comms and race runners!
Also great effort from all the trainers, its going to be a super competitive season.

Tam King has certainly burst onto the scene in his first season. I know how hard it was in the flats so full credit to him/her and in both codes no less!

Ghostzapper continues to do what Ghostzapper does and wins races. He will be the trainer to beat for sure.
At the moment we havent gone head to head much but as the season starts to bottleneck i expect some cracking races.

Josh's horses wont leave me alone, almost wherever i finish he is right beside me. :lol:
Oh and congrats to Josh on winning the World Cup, awesome effort Mate :D
My horse "Teachers Pet" ran widest most of the race so was never in with a real chance.

So Day 3 was great for me.
2 wins and 2 x 3rd's @ Dubai and 1 win @ Newmarket.

My standout horse on Day 3 was Frostbite winning the Dubai Gold Cup.
I had breed him to race in the Melbourne Cup but now rated at 118 that plan might be wrecked.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:53 am
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
I had breed him to race in the Melbourne Cup but now rated at 118 that plan might be wrecked.

You should tell your jockeys your long term plans my grand nation hopes jockey followed the instructions I
gave him to the tee by jumping off half way :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:06 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Jango wrote:

You should tell your jockeys your long term plans my grand nation hopes jockey followed the instructions I
gave him to the tee by jumping off half way :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:
Maybe if i just run him in some sprints, no one will notice. 8)

Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:45 pm
Group 3 winner

I've got to admit I don't plan any horse for any race!!! Well chuffed with my two year olds this week, my 4 or 5 string two year olds struggled in the warm up races so I didn't know how my best ones would get on, my 3yo all look a bit average now and so i'll take any win as a good win. The racing should be close all season now with many trainers having a chance to win the group races.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:01 pm
Group 3 winner

ghosty wrote:
I've got to admit I don't plan any horse for any race!!! Well chuffed with my two year olds this week, my 4 or 5 string two year olds struggled in the warm up races so I didn't know how my best ones would get on, my 3yo all look a bit average now and so i'll take any win as a good win. The racing should be close all season now with many trainers having a chance to win the group races.

I dont plan for any other particular race, like you i will just run and hope for the best.
But as an Aussie living in Melbourne, the Melbourne Cup is on my bucket list to win.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:35 pm
Group 3 winner

Jango wrote:
ghosty wrote:

I dont plan for any other particular race, like you i will just run and hope for the best.
But as an Aussie living in Melbourne, the Melbourne Cup is on my bucket list to win.

I'm lucky in that the only race I'd like to win is the kentucky derby and it's a group1 ear ly in the season. If u try to aim for the Melbourne cup or National it's a h'cap at the end of a season and so u cant run that horse for half a season. To put a horse on the back burner must be hard plus I would be rubbish trying to do that :lol: Has anyone plotted a race and won it, I know years ago Keith Beicky used to do it to Andy and it always cost Andy the title even thought Andy would probably win 50 more races. To the newbies it was on prizemoney in those days and the Melbourne Cup was worth more than all the other races put together.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:04 pm
Selling plater

Poor week with odd runs...all my 1m and down seemed to be pacemakers. That's very odd. I'm pretty sure I only put in 4 front runners.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:34 pm
Group 3 winner

NPG319 wrote:
delmonty1964 wrote:
i named a hose called Douglas Warren and he is my first winner so far :D

Winner winner, chicken dinner for Del tonight :-)

not just 1 rum Doug i had a few watching that race 5 times lol :lol:

Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 120  Next