View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Couple more wins on the final day, both just snuck into handicaps for Duracell and Chasing Dreams. Can't all be G1 I guess :)

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:11 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Couple more wins on the final day, both just snuck into handicaps for Duracell and Chasing Dreams. Can't all be G1 I guess :)

Duracell was ultra impressive

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:41 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Back down to earth with one almighty bump for me this week. Just the one winner on the flat Sunset Ride and five others in the money. Worse still over the jumps with just six finishing in the money.

Looks like it is going to be another quiet week for me looking at the schedule. 13, yes 13 Group 1 races on the flat and quite unbelievably 11 Grade 1's plus 4 prestige handicaps/long distance races a Scottish National, an Irish National, The Whitbread and the La Touche cup over the jumps. Not going to be easy for anyone other than the elite to pick up wins this week. In fact even finding races to enter is proving difficult for me and I guess most will find the same. Might have to go mob handed Aiden O'Brien like in the AW finals !!

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:17 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Another week without a win although I was agonizingly close with North Ferriby. Pipped to the line from an incredible finish from McClures horse. Well that is horse racing for you :D

As Martin said, lots of group races narrows the possibilities, but more worrying is that some of my horses seems to underperform badly. I will now hope for one win in the last to weeks, then I will be more than happy. Anyway, My first season has been better than I could expect.

Big congrats to all the winners and placers. Another big thanks to the team running it so well. Hope you get some summer vacation soon :D

Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:20 am
Group 3 winner

Lordedaw wrote:
Back down to earth with one almighty bump for me this week. Just the one winner on the flat Sunset Ride and five others in the money. Worse still over the jumps with just six finishing in the money.

Looks like it is going to be another quiet week for me looking at the schedule. 13, yes 13 Group 1 races on the flat and quite unbelievably 11 Grade 1's plus 4 prestige handicaps/long distance races a Scottish National, an Irish National, The Whitbread and the La Touche cup over the jumps. Not going to be easy for anyone other than the elite to pick up wins this week. In fact even finding races to enter is proving difficult for me and I guess most will find the same. Might have to go mob handed Aiden O'Brien like in the AW finals !!

Even with all these group 1 races im sure u'll still have more runners than me because i'll have 3 runners on the flat. :cry: :lol:

Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:44 am
Group 1 winner

Hard week for most I think, especially the flat, stack of handicaps you cannot access or G1's that will probably feature big fields. Should prove interesting.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:25 am
Group 2 winner

A very moderate 3rd day for me just one 3rd place over the jumps.
Hopefully the all weather finals will give me a chance to earn some money this week.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:24 pm
Group 1 winner

Dame Margot ran well again in a 6f sprint handicap and Funofthefair produced another solid effort but the rest of my flat team should have stayed at home.

Over the Jumps, Blame Game ran a season's best to finish 2nd in the DPMC Hcap Hurdle and Majors Failure and Catastrophe, Free Kisses, Holtz and Young Parisian also ran ok but far too many failed to finish.
In the Grand National Ramses ran a very similar race to last season finishing a very creditable 8th. I was gutted when my main hope Freebird fell as she would have been very tough to beat if she stood up.

Congrats to Paul on winning the Grand National and well done to all other winners and placers.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:59 pm
Group 2 winner

Finally won my first flat season with seasoned campaigner Lyonshall just getting up to win the 4 runner stayers race.

Another blank over the jumps and it does not seem like I will beat my PB of 13 NH wins. However, the pre-season target of 10 wins overall has been hit so I'm very happy.

Well done PJ on winning the national, it was a fantastic race.

2 weeks to go

Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:10 pm
Group 1 winner

Just one winner today

Ceaser
Became my 11th individual flat horse to win a G1 race this was my 24th G1 of the year
with Bobby Frankel's world record now in my sights. Ceaser did it well Jockey was trying
to throw the race at the end but this was the race he was bred to win.

Apologies missed the live stream last night

congrats to the winners and placers
huge thanks to the team & great comms as always
see you tonight at the Breeders Cup

Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:37 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I was hoping for a good day on the flat but all I got was wide draws and no hope - My best chance of the day drew barrier three in the last and was pulled up.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:35 am
Group 1 winner

Three 2nds and two 3rds. Not my day today.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:45 am
Group 1 winner

Not bad 1st day got a win on the flat with "Tormented Girl" who I did believe was well in for this and duely obliged, a couple of others in the money.

The Hunt, "Greyemkay" hits the last for the 2nd week running when in contention and throws another possible win, it was in a G1 this time and ended up 3rd but as promised by Gray it will get a hefty hike for that... :roll:

Tough day in the hunt for the rest and not hopeful of anything over the next two days.

Enjoy my hunt comms tonight :lol: which should keep the live stream numbers down :lol:

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:12 am
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:
Not bad 1st day got a win on the flat with "Tormented Girl" who I did believe was well in for this and duely obliged, a couple of others in the money.

The Hunt, "Greyemkay" hits the last for the 2nd week running when in contention and throws another possible win, it was in a G1 this time and ended up 3rd but as promised by Gray it will get a hefty hike for that... :roll:

Tough day in the hunt for the rest and not hopeful of anything over the next two days.

Enjoy my hunt comms tonight :lol: which should keep the live stream numbers down :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: it appears my Punchestown runners got lost en route to the course as i did not see them
Hopefully your comms bring a change in luck :lol:

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:23 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

A good first day with 2 winners and 2 5ths from only 5 runners on the flat.
Really happy for King Inching in the 7f handicap as he has had 4 seconds over the course of the last 2 seasons and is only just below group class (2 5ths). As well as the fact that he was qualified for the all weather finals and I forego the big money as conditions seemed perfect here.
Had to miss the live stream last night due to partying but will try to make it tonight.
Congrats to all winners.
Darren

Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 120  Next