View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Selling plater

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
jalupen wrote:
3 winners today and my first ever 5f sprint G1 which im absolutly made up about

R13-Jillyjoy 1st she hasnt run a bad race all season l'abbey next for her

R18-Clapperboard 1st drawn 11/18 but flew out never out of the first 3 big weight as well floret next

R19-One Eyed Willie 1st willie rose to the occasion and stayed on best on the heavy ground hes leger bound

special mentions to jango and all the comms team everyone has their own style i love it when they commentate on their own winners martin takes it all in his stride,Doug got a bit excited when he saw his horse finishing and getting up,tims just a madman,and stu never wins but hes very good at getting 5ths which hes more than happy to tell you about thats if happy is the right word.

congrats all runners

ps boys please start the reviews shows again Cheltenham this week and the arc i'll even do interview

MADMAN :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8)

Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:34 pm
Group 1 winner

Well one winner via Darren Howells horse being DQ'd and a few finishing with some minor money.
Bad luck with that result Darren.

Good calls from Tim this week - you are sounding a lot more relaxed now with your comms - and a great effort picking up an extra ten races. Thanks for that :-)

Stu finally gets a winner and another handful of second placings :-)

Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:44 am
Group 1 winner

A terrible week on the flat with some minor checks to pay the feed bills. Two more wins on the jumps side. :?

Congrats to Jango on his first wingo. Also to Mr Howells and Arrogante for their multiple wins. And to all the rest. Another successful week in the books.

Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:59 am
Group 1 winner

2 winners on day 3 one in each code

Jackanowsky
3 wins from 6 starts and looks a top class 2mile horse won now at Maiden
Listed & G2 level possibly the Goodwood cup next.

Batton Rouge
versatile horse now won a bumper hurdle and chase in the league there are not
too many horses capable of that achievement. not sure where next he will fit in
somewhere at Cheltenham.

Congratulations to all the winners and placers
thanks to the team
great comms as always

Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:00 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

timmy0412 wrote:

TOP Stuff Jango.. Sorry for the name will remember now but enjoy the win.! :D :D :D

No worries Mate, you do a fabulous job.
Less syllables so it will roll off the tongue easier. :lol:

Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:08 am
Group 3 winner

Two winners on the flat. Spark Park with his second of the season. Not bad for a returning horse. And Apple Valley with his maiden win. He is of American heritage, so maybe running him over dirt was a good idea. :lol: You'll always learn.

Well done all winners and placers!

Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:33 am
Group 1 winner

"Finally it has happened to me" (pop quiz?)

Yes! at last a winner with "Effelie Dirty" :D & picking up a qualy place in the AW sprint finals to boot! But with the smooth comes the rough and five 2nd places and no one remembers who comes 2nd :(

The Hunt was dire, say no more, incredibly hard this year to win on the Hunt, unless your name has a "J" in it :wink:

Don't forget to check the Cheltenham competition & enter - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16975&p=141570#p141570

Well done to all those that beat my horses into 2nd, all other winners & all who take part.

Last edited by Anadin on Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:56 am
Group 3 winner

Everyone remembers who finished second and his name is now infamous and it's Stu.

Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:00 am
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
Everyone remembers who finished second and his name is now infamous and it's Stu.

:lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:37 am
Group 1 winner

1 winner today not many runners though

R27-Effective Team 1st apparently it was all out and won cheekily i dont want cheekily RIDE IT OUT MAN! on course for breeders cup

honorable mention to triple threat giving 9lbs to good horses and still managed 3rd cracking effort,
stu(anadin)gray on his winner hes called anadin cos he gives u a headache
martyn cairns only 1 behind the mighty tunda in the cup c'mon the giant killer

congrats all runners

Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:39 pm
Group 2 winner

Well what a bizarre week. Totally bombed out on the flat with just a 2nd, four 3rds, a 4th and two 5ths with another 6 finishing just outside the money in 6th.

NH side was weird too but in a more positive way. Three close 2nds, two 4ths and a 5th alongside three rather surprising winners. All three are horses back from last season and all three won last season as well. That now means seven of my returning horses have won for the second season running. Wheatfield Soul took an SO6 Hurdle leg for the second season running and Dandelion scored in week 9 for the second season running. After dead heating in last years Scottish Champion Chase this year she took the Royal Bath and West Chase. Strangely both her wins last season were dead heats so this was her first out right win.

The strangest result of all though was Maid In Europe. Last year she won the SO6 Chase Final over the National course at Aintree and having already qualified for the final that is her main aim. A tilt at the Topham is also the plan as she seems to like the Aintree fences. However, last week I couldn't get her in a race so ran her in the mares hurdle just to give her a run as she had finished 4th in it the previous season. Once again she finished 4th and once again this week there was nothing obvious for her as I had others earmarked for any chase races she could have gone in. Subsequently she was my last entry this week in the only suitable race left distance wise. With a rating of 70 running in a G2 against horses rated 165 she should have had no chance at all. Somehow she made all and battled on bravely at the end despite many challengers. Just goes to show that this game can be very unpredictable. She has subsequently been walloped with a 70lb rise in the handicap but as she won't be running in any handicap hurdles it doesn't matter . Luckily she still sits nicely on 72 in the chase ratings despite last years SO6 Final win.

Fine Kingdom also deserves a mention after finishing second to Orpen Wide for the second week in a row despite being 5lb wrong due to both horses being out of the handicap. Curiously both Orpen Wide and Fine Kingdom ran off exactly the same marks 81 and 76 in both the week 8 and the week 9 race despite finishing 1st and 2nd in week 8. Surely they should both have risen in the weights and I am wondering if this race was accidently not handicapped especially considering this week Orpen Wide has gone up 16lbs and Fine Kingdom 10. A similar adjustment last week would certainly have seen my horse beat Orpen Wide this week. However there may well be other horses who would have beaten both of us had the marks changed from week 8. Maybe this needs to be looked at although I am not sure anything could be done now.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:55 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

A generally very good abeit strange week for me.
After an extremely slow start to the week, I did manage an excellent 3rd in the Ebor, things gradually picked up.

Finally got my second jumps courtesy of my star performer "Rock Queen" in the Betfair Handicap Chase, Cheltenham here we come.

But it was the flat on the final day where all the fun was; I bagged 3 winners but probably not the 3 I should of got.
"Quicking" won the juvenile mile qualifier in a fantastic finish of short heads and "Really" won the 2m5f carthorse handicap.
I was gifted the Great St Wilfrid Handicap with "The best Princess" when Alex's horse was mysteriously disqualified. I have watched the race again and cannot for the life of me figure out what it did wrong, seriously unlucky.
I then "won" the final race, the 1m2f juvenile handicap with "With Mutanaker" only to lose it in the stewards room (karma methinks). I have watched it again and my horse did cause marginal interference to Alex's horse that finished 6th (promoted to 5th). I am not sure whether Alex lodged an objection due to the earlier injustice :wink: or if Stu objected so that his horse could be promoted to his favorite position of 2nd. I have never been directly involved in any DQ's before and suddenly I get two in one day, hopefully that's the lot.
Congrats to all winners especially Martin's 70 rated hurdler beating the top guns despite not receiving the 5 or 6 stone it might have done.
Darren

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:10 pm
Group 1 winner

lol 70lbs should of been 90lbs you old swindler barny curley has returned !

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:42 pm
Group 1 winner

forgot to congratulate Martin on his G2 win well done mate

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Lordedaw wrote:
Well what a bizarre week. Totally bombed out on the flat with just a 2nd, four 3rds, a 4th and two 5ths with another 6 finishing just outside the money in 6th.

Fine Kingdom also deserves a mention after finishing second to Orpen Wide for the second week in a row despite being 5lb wrong due to both horses being out of the handicap. Curiously both Orpen Wide and Fine Kingdom ran off exactly the same marks 81 and 76 in both the week 8 and the week 9 race despite finishing 1st and 2nd in week 8. Surely they should both have risen in the weights and I am wondering if this race was accidently not handicapped especially considering this week Orpen Wide has gone up 16lbs and Fine Kingdom 10. A similar adjustment last week would certainly have seen my horse beat Orpen Wide this week. However there may well be other horses who would have beaten both of us had the marks changed from week 8. Maybe this needs to be looked at although I am not sure anything could be done now.

Going Back through my Pad I must say sorry has I had written down

Orpen Wide 97
Fine Kingdom 82
Saint Luke 92
underdying 72

It seems that when went through the folders to change the horse files I missed Folder 30 so the correct Rating in Tom was done but the horse files still had the old ratings I have decided to ban the Handicapper from handicapping and this means we have no Handicapper for the Hunt and Cheltenham Has been Cancelled.

Gray

:lol:

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 120  Next