View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Githyanki wrote:
One win on the flat making a total of two for the week, few promising runs elsewhere but generally my flat team despite the effort still look a little off the pace from the now even more competitive top tier.

NH team had a great week with 7 wins, 3 on the final day and it could have been a red letter day as I had 5 finish 2nd and 2 more coming in 3rd. O how I hate coming 2nd, 60 odd sodding times last season too. :)

Josh me and you in the same boat I cant tell you the amount of effort i put into this seasons team
TBH its like my debut season was expecting big things this term a bit of a culture shock especially
watching the races at Meydan my lot look barely competitive its early days and i NEVER give up
I can see myself becoming a handicap plotter this term if only i knew this before i sent an army
to Meydan :lol: :lol:

It's great to see other trainers rising though the ranks though and am looking forward to the rest
of the season even though expectations have been reduced massively

Whats hilarious though i just basically bred 1 lot of new NH horses at each distance and put 1% of
the time that went into the flat team and have started brightly,

FUNNY OLD GAME

Wed May 30, 2018 9:08 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Thems the breaks. I would guess maybe 50-70 seasons on flat, though click through only for better bars, then say another 15-20 trying to mix those into my main game. Still the best flat team I have assembled though.

2 breeding cycles on the NH, say 6-7 seasons, one of which was largely a write off as I foolishly tried to inject some flat bars to my jumps team which was a massive failure though may pay dividends longer term. I did hit upon one new line though which maybe ground breaking, largely by complete chance. I also think getting good jumpers is easier once you have the stock.

All that said it is good to see people break through as it demonstrates that you can climb the ladder quickly with the work and application. Will eventually get my breeding and team notes out on the forums.

Wed May 30, 2018 9:50 am
Group 3 winner

Snap Josh I did the same last season by mixing my flat horses and my 2-2.4 chasers and my hurdlers and it was a disaster. My chasers kept falling and it wrecked my hurdlers. Luckily I could go back with my chasers but it would take more time than I have to fix my hurdlers and so i've given up on them, I only have 6 in my league team. I'm over the moon with how my league season has started, my jumpers are slowly falling behind the best but some how my flat horses can still mix it. It's strange because I don't have much time these days to breed but I seem to bred better with selective breeding. Well done to jango for his world cup win and it's good to see a lot of trainers catching up, should be a good competitive season.

Wed May 30, 2018 12:58 pm
Group 3 winner

What races are the double entry races this year if there is still double entry races.

Wed May 30, 2018 1:08 pm
Group 2 winner

Brilliant day on the flat with 4 winners. The 2yo Bronze Tree is looking good over 5f, two wins from two outings. Also nice runs by Devils Magic who won the Craven, hope he keeps it up for next weeks 2000 guineas and Ancient House who won the Stayers Maiden.

One winner over fences in a mares hurdle.

Well done to all the winners and placers. A big day for Steve ( Jango ) with 3 winners and a G3 winner for Vinny.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:28 pm
Handicapper

A nice 2nd (while I'm ready for a win) by The Stepsister in the 6f Listed 100,000 Tattersalls 3-Y-O Sprint, 2x 2nd in a Novice and a Maiden Hurdle, a 3rd from Moltovisione in the 3m G2 Charlie Hall Chase and finally a 3rd in the 3m G2 West Yorkshire Hurdle by Bene Opera were my best results. Not bad but I have enough 2nd and 3rds now! :wink:

Vinny Gerrard's G3 win over 7f seems to be the run of the day! Congrats!!

And a big thank you to the team! Great comments as always!

Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:09 pm
Group 1 winner

Very decent start to the week with 4 wins, one on the flat though my NH team continues to do the heavy lifting snatching 3. A number of other credible results also.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:40 pm
Group 1 winner

Did not get chance to update yesterday so far this week 6 winners
2 on the flat 4 over the sticks

Air Wolf - Maiden Winner
Ran ok in the Golden Shaheen Week 1 dropped into maiden company
and needed to get off the mark did it very well back into group company next

Hugh Mungos - Handicap Winner
My Norfolk Stakes horse who ran a stinker on debut but left him with a very
handy mark here and won well

Sir Usain Bolt - Maiden Winner
My Champion Hurdle horse ran ok on debut (5th) but today got off the mark
well came home very strong its into graded company next.

Chestnut Surprize - Maiden Winner
Number 2 2m4 chaser got off the mark smartly after a decent 4th place on
debut onto better things hopefully.

Ziva David - Maiden Winner
Just held on to get the dead heat going to be a long season for her now as
we know 3m5 horses have to be handicappers and after a debut win could
be a long wait til she gets back into the winners enclosure she is a race winner
so job done.

My Brando - Maiden Winner
My number 2 Juvenile hurdler wins on debut looks a better league performer than
my number 1 who has failed to get off the mark in 2 attempts yet to even place.

Ok a bit early to make judgement but I think i have made a big error chasing that
American full bar 2YO most of my horses up to 1m4 are American bred or from American
breeding there is no doubts my flat team has gone drastically backwards. The NHC team
however have come forward greatly and im amazed really Josh is going to be an ustoppable
force this season but im up there fighting. The flat looks super competitive with Thunderspark
back this week its going to be some season and some battle for the title which I wont be part
of but will enjoy watching. My main goal on the flat now is the classics and individual race success
rather that any championship involvement my team are just not up to it or consistant enough but as
I say will enjoy watching the battle.

Congrats to the winners and placers

great comms as always love the snipets at the start of the replays

and a huge thanks to the team

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:47 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Another fine day for me with 4 more winners, 1 on the flat with a fine dead heat finish for welcome to the jungle and three on the NH. Time to Kill was especially good for her second win and underlines her gold cup aspirations.

Congrats to all winners and placers.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:18 am
Group 1 winner

Very pleased with my NH team Paul, I sort of knew they were good, but the start has been outstanding. The flat looks Uber competitive, Jim looks to have made great strides with his team and I am super impressed with Jango who has a real chance at champion trainer on the flat. Great to see Thunder back involved who always brings quality along with John and Steve. Darren is a dark horse too, some seriously good looking horses and he flys under the radar a little.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:55 am
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
The flat looks super competitive with Thunderspark
back this week its going to be some season and some battle for the title which I wont be part
of but will enjoy watching. My main goal on the flat now is the classics and individual race success
rather that any championship involvement my team are just not up to it or consistant enough but as

Well i just watched all 8 races you have come second in so far and all but one was a whisker from coming first.
You could easily be leading the points but for your horses slightly shorter noses.

So i'm not buying it, i dont think any of the other trainers can relax just yet. :lol:

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:19 am
Handicapper

A dead heat win over 6f maiden from Powerful Beauty together with Josh's Welcome to the Jungle was my best flat result. Congrats Josh, was a nice race we both coming from behind.
After an injury in his maiden Theseus won the Irish Stud Novices Maiden Hurdle impressive with 3 1/4 lenghts.
The NH highlight was the United House Gold Cup G3 Chase with a win by Sympathy For The Devil, seems this horse is a real gem, looking forward to his next races.

Congrats all runners and thank you to the team!

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:01 am
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
The flat looks super competitive with Thunderspark

Well i just watched all 8 races you have come second in so far and all but one was a whisker from coming first.
You could easily be leading the points but for your horses slightly shorter noses.

So i'm not buying it, i dont think any of the other trainers can relax just yet. :lol:

I don't like blaming the size of the nose of my horses i do love to blame jockeys :lol: :lol:
some of mine have been given shockers this season but we all get that.

Im finding it hard to get jockeys to ride my horses its like they are scared or something and
I have only arranged the assassination of 3 of them so far :lol:

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:13 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Great to be back, forgot how much fun watching the races was. Put a fair bit of effort into these horses this time, albeit, starting from scratch only over a 2 month period before the season started and I can't say I'm totally disappointed, Bozhou Bonus Melior ran a blinder top pick up the Nell Gwyn. Lanzhou Labelum also running a great race to be beaten a short nose in the Greenham. Also had quite a few horses leading or there abouts with under a furlong to go, only to finish way back. Think I need to work on the pace of my trials as clearly a lot of my horses aren't staying the same distances in the league as my trials. Time to get some proper pace in my trials I think

Funnily enough last timer I entered the league, my horses were always flying late to get close or never getting in the race, looks like I've overcompensated. Hopefully something I can sort before the upload window opens again. Definitely for the next season.

Great work from all comms as usual, love how much effort is put in from behind the scenes from everyone, cheers Gents

Vinny

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:17 am
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
Great to be back, forgot how much fun watching the races was. Put a fair bit of effort into these horses this time, albeit, starting from scratch only over a 2 month period before the season started and I can't say I'm totally disappointed, Bozhou Bonus Melior ran a blinder top pick up the Nell Gwyn. Lanzhou Labelum also running a great race to be beaten a short nose in the Greenham. Also had quite a few horses leading or there abouts with under a furlong to go, only to finish way back. Think I need to work on the pace of my trials as clearly a lot of my horses aren't staying the same distances in the league as my trials. Time to get some proper pace in my trials I think

Funnily enough last timer I entered the league, my horses were always flying late to get close or never getting in the race, looks like I've overcompensated. Hopefully something I can sort before the upload window opens again. Definitely for the next season.

Great work from all comms as usual, love how much effort is put in from behind the scenes from everyone, cheers Gents

Vinny

Great comeback mate more winner to come too

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:36 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 120  Next