View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Quote:
Double entries every race.

So two of Johns, Pauls, Steves and Jango's then, sorry 8 horse races. Likely the only 4 trainers in your league one. Honestly I would not bother, I really only pick up wins in the handicaps and the odd group shocker, Jim quit and I expect most from me down in the tables would have a like view or very quickly get tired of being beaten week in week out, their only source of flat wins (handicaps the big boys are too busy to enter) removed.

The idea is flawed if you look from a broader perspective than your own, your basically saying you lot go off and play something else please so we can have some time in the sun. Your asking for easy mode at the expense of everyone else not in the top four or bottom 10. I figure your’d loose more trainers with a split than rookie joiners.

Edit - can add thunder into that group too if he is still interested.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:32 pm
Group 1 winner

And I am really struggling to see what a split does that cannot be achieved by adjustments to the schedule to be more accommodating to the lower tier and adding in a version of the big races, again back too your cup race idea. Cap them at say 80 and none of the top 10 or so will get in, unless they enter a horse to specifically target them. Something else a split will remove.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:56 pm
Group 3 winner

Late to the party. Will not enter the debate. :D

1. Two wins this week, both with horses winning for the second time. Very pleased with that.

2. I am not sure if the comms get enough praise. Guys, you do a marvelous job. The comms are so great!

3. I am not sure if the race runners get enough praise. Guys, thank you so much for all the time you invest in this. The league is running smoothly and you are doing a wonderful job.

4. I am not sure if the handicappers or runners of TOM gets enough praise. Thank you very much for all ypur efforts. It is very much appreciated. You do an amazing job.

5. Well done all winners and placers this week.

6. I am on holiday in England, driving for the first time on the "wrong" side of the road 8). England is great, but beware all you fellow drivers out there :lol: :lol:

Daniel

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:17 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Quote:
Double entries every race.

So two of Johns, Pauls, Steves and Jango's then, sorry 8 horse races. Likely the only 4 trainers in your league one. Honestly I would not bother, I really only pick up wins in the handicaps and the odd group shocker, Jim quit and I expect most from me down in the tables would have a like view or very quickly get tired of being beaten week in week out, their only source of flat wins (handicaps the big boys are too busy to enter) removed.

The idea is flawed if you look from a broader perspective than your own, your basically saying you lot go off and play something else please so we can have some time in the sun. Your asking for easy mode at the expense of everyone else not in the top four or bottom 10. I figure your’d loose more trainers with a split than rookie joiners.

Edit - can add thunder into that group too if he is still interested.

You can add yourself into that group as well so that will make 12 horse fields. You can also add Moliets horses so that makes it 14 horse fields. Vinny Gerrard seems on the up so he might be only a season away.

League B would probably have to be selective of double entry races.
It feels like you are getting very emotive about it - I have stated all along it is not a them and us scenario but you keep making it that.

But don't worry about it Josh - as i have said before - IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! It should but it wont!

Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:23 am
Group 1 winner

Not at all emotive, I just vehemently disagree with the idea, It should not happen it would kill the league. And in the model you suggest I would not add me too that group as I would not bother with a flat team and just run NH.

The desire to win races is no different from top to bottom, in a split model the mid tier become the new bottom it’s those trainers who I think would walk.

Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:51 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Not at all emotive, I just vehemently disagree with the idea, It should not happen it would kill the league. And in the model you suggest I would not add me too that group as I would not bother with a flat team and just run NH.

The desire to win races is no different from top to bottom, in a split model the mid tier become the new bottom it’s those trainers who I think would walk.

The mid tier would most likely be in League B and they would be at the top of the table.

Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:54 am
Group 1 winner

We shall just have to agree to disagree. Your no more convince me of it’s merits than I shall convince you of its flaws.

Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:59 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
We shall just have to agree to disagree. Your no more convince me of it’s merits than I shall convince you of its flaws.

That is right but as i have said - it wont happen anyway.

Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:29 am
Group 1 winner

I dont see the problem TBH Josh I cant agree with your point what league B does wont effect
you or any top trainer at all at the end of the day there are only now 5 or 6 trainers fighting out
G1s and with double entries being a great addition giving you 2 darts at the prize so if one gets
a numbskull ride or killed by the draw your race is not over.

If you split the leagues and League B has a 0 to 90 G1 Guineas or a 0 - 70 G1 Derby or a 0 - 80 G1 leger
what does it matter to the top trainers I'm all for spreading the glory what is the issue with that heck in SO7
I might be joining the bottom tier and Will be so thrilled to have the above options.

A) It's a flippin Game
B) They are not Real races they are from a game
C) Your Guineas or Derby winner is not going to get any stud fees ITS NOT REAL LADS
D) Lets think of everyone not just ourselves
E) Its meant to be fun or a Challenge Not flippin life or death
F) lets not be so one sighted take into account what others are going through

Rhodes Out

Microphone dropped

Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:02 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

even bring in promotion and relegation in week 7 2 up and 2 down this will add
another dimension.

I remember 3 seasons back when i was top of the flat and 2nd over the sticks there was alot of moaning
going on it was even suggested that it was bad for the league when in actual fact it was down to 4 top flat
trainers not taking part Thunderspark Stave James were missing also that season John was not very active
on the flat. add to that the rise of Jango Im where i would have been if all took part that season in 6th place.

I Kinda understood the complaining as you have to look at things from other peoples point of view &
Situation.

It seemed to spark some trainers into getting even better and now they are leading the way in certain
codes. If not even more dominate than i ever was.

We must think of everyone not just ourselves

I Can even split the DCC into 2 have league 2 trainers race run league 1 race and vice versa handicapping wont
change you dont even need to add races comms and shows would be the same too.

Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:42 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Said my piece, not going to change my view. People can do what they think is best, though I shall remain opposed to spliting the league in two.

Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:56 am
Group 1 winner

As a race official I am able to see the races before most. I can currently see races 13-24. A lot of photo finishes. It really adds to the excitement if the race runner allows the race to play out and then let it cut to the instant replay of the final yards of the race. Skipping over this and cutting right to the result is somewhat anti-climactic. Please show the instant replay of all races with very close finishes. Thanks.

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:11 pm
Group 1 winner

Maybe you did let it run its course? I am looking at race 19 and the video clearly shows a you pick'm nose bob finish. The result on the other hand shows a winner who won by 1.4 lengths with the comment "pushed out".

Man the racekit could use some fixin' :roll:

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Racekit does not always show it when you run them, not entirely sure but I think it tend to auto skip the lower grade handicaps

Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:24 am
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Racekit does not always show it when you run them, not entirely sure but I think it tend to auto skip the lower grade handicaps

Yep comfirmed, havent noticed a pattern of what it does and does not show, but i havent looked so i think you might right about the grade.

Also it would be nice if the camera angle was able to get square on with the finishing posts, but as it stands it is slightly offset.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 120  Next