View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
I am not sure why my horses becomes front runners? It sure doesn't do them any good. They always fade at the end :D

Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:43 am
Group 1 winner

Taunton wrote:
I am not sure why my horses becomes front runners? It sure doesn't do them any good. They always fade at the end :D

Yeah, you wont be saying that tomorrow if your GN horse wins from the front :lol:

I guess the make up of the rest of the field I imagine, if they are all slight hold up and yours are the only even pace and above it could happen. I have just found that especially in the handicaps that most of my are getting run off their feet due to the pace set by others. could be just looking for excuses for more poor training tho. :D

Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:55 am
Group 3 winner

Taunton wrote:

General rule for me is if a front runner the race distance is almost too far, hold up horse the distance is on the too short side and a pace maker is probably running way too far.
Of course there are always going to be exceptions and a few of my horses do well running near the front or even as a pacemaker.

Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:43 pm
Handicapper

The tune played in the background of the intro was from 'Superstars'

Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:17 pm
Group 1 winner

cherzo2015 wrote:
The tune played in the background of the intro was from 'Superstars'

Too good at this Alex, I will stump you on week 13 :wink:

Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:48 pm
Group 1 winner

Well I am going to celebrate my 9th in the National - very stoked with Street Fire. I had a gut feeling that Street Fire enjoyed Aintree. Besides a few sticky jumps it ran well. Might have finished a little closer if it's run wasn't blocked rounding the home turn. A good horse to work with for breeding towards the GN in the future.

Well done to Leon, 2 years straight is certainly a feat - looks like you have cracked the breeding code for National horses.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:11 am
Group 1 winner

Sorry missed yesterday due to a bank holiday hangover - its been a great week for me

Air Wolf won the British Champions Sprint. Treaty Of Versailles got back to winning ways in the
Fillies & Mares Star Of David won the Qatar Prix Chaudenay Stakes G2 Exxocette Missile won
the The Racing Post at Doncaster Listed

Followed by an Aintree to remember with 8 Aintree Festival winners unbelievable

Prime Suspect won the Liverpool Hurdle Mighty Stu Grey won the Red Rum Handicap Chase.
Executive Director won the Silver Cross Handicap Hurdle. Golden Highway won the Top
Novices' Hurdle. Me Andre won the Mersy Novices Hurdle his 5th win of the season. Attorney General
bolted up in the Aintree Hurdle what a superstar thats his 5th win in a row and now a G1 winner.
Dame Johanna Lumley bagged her first win of the season in the John Smiths handicap hurdle &
Montana also got his first win of the season in the Champion NH Flat Race. thats now 30 out of my 35
National Hunt Team to win races this season. Congratulations to Leon on winning back to back nationals
delighted with Promotion who just went for home a little too soon finishing 5th my other horse Ikea Q also
got round finishing 12th all you can hope is your horses getting round and proud that both of them got round.

for a time i went level with Josh in the jumps championship but he put together a late surge winning the last
3 races after Aintree to put him 3 clear again. Only 1 runner tomorrow.

Id like to pay a huge tribute to the racerunners this week who had alot more work than usual
Gray thanks for all your hard work you are second to none mate greatly appreciate all you and your
teams hard work.

Huge thanks to Stu and Martin the preview show was great and the build up to the national was very special
sorry Promotion let you down Martin :lol:

The grand national comms were fantastic think you all deserve a pat on the back splitting the comms I can
only imagineis very difficult to put together but really ramped up the atmosphere I watched the whole race
from start to finish and was enthralled the whole way through.

Lastly id like to apologize for been a grumpy old sod last week my intentions were good and i maybe let
things get to me a little too much just some things did not feel right to me but its time to let that go and
move on.

Again well done to Leon thats an amazing achievement

Congratulations to all the winners and placers too.

The music i thinks was Superstars Stu.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:01 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

First of all congrats to Leon on the National win.

Great day for me yesterday, my horses managed to stay the distance in the National, and Ellis Pawn even led it for a while there. Great race and great comms as well.

But the big happening for me was to se my two Put horses, Aldgate Put and The Put finishing 1 and 2 in the Jonh Smiths chase. Wonderful comments by Stu, and thanks for lending me your silks again, Stu :lol: Looks like it brings luck.

Big shout out to this weeks race runners and commentators. Thank you for all your efforts for the league.

Last edited by Taunton on Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:06 am
Group 1 winner

Congrats to Leon on winning the National again and great comms from Stu, Doug and Martin.
My race was over very early when Double First dead-heated in the let's see who can fall first competition and Dublin Flyer departed at the 12th.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:45 am
Group 1 winner

An exciting week for all.

First off some worthy mentions,

Josh, congratulations, Your arms will no longer be empty and your bed will be invaded by an adorable newcomer :D :D

Paul with the Aintree 8, making the final 2 weeks of the NH Championship a hum dinger! & Leon for taking another GN.

If the competition was based on places, I would of done well this week on the flat with 11 getting in the money and a solitary win with Afriad

The hunt, I got a 4th in the GN, (Zakreet) which I am well chuffed with, that's a 3rd & 4th in the past 3 Nationals, similar case to the flat. a bunch of almost's, with another 11 picking up prize money and a surprise win at Aintree in a little handicap with Party Doctor

Puts me on 19 for the season, just 1 shy of the target and with a couple of weeks to go, should be well attainable.

Well done to all who take part, lovely to hear Gray on the comms again & well done to the team of course, who make it all happen.

Last edited by Anadin on Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:41 am
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:
An exciting week for all.

First off some worthy mentions,

Josh, congratulations, Your arms will no longer be empty and your bed will be invaded by an adorable newcomer :D :D

Paul with the Aintree 8, making the final 2 weeks of the NH Championship a hum dinger! & Leon for taking another GN.

If the competition was based on places, I would of done well this week on the flat with 11 getting in the money and a solitary win with Afriad

The hunt, I got a 4th in the GN, (Zakreet) which I am well chuffed with, that's a 3rd & 4th in the past 3 Nationals, similar case to the flat. a bunch of almost's, with another 11 picking up prize money and a surprise win at Aintree in a little handicap with Party Doctor

Puts me on 18 for the season, just 2 shy of the target and with a couple of weeks to go, should be attainable.

Well done to all who take part, lovely to hear Gray on the comms again & well done to the team of course, who make it all happen.

One question who was the Scottish fella doing the comms at Ainteee :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:46 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

One question who was the Scottish fella doing the comms at Ainteee :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheeky muppet! That was my best "Mickey Mouser" accent :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:02 am
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

Cheeky muppet! That was my best "Mickey Mouser" accent :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: very impressive Stu

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:16 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

How the frigging hell did Enchanted Ghost get DQ :evil: :evil: :evil: Stupid Game.

I've started my flat breeding and I've been looking at my horses and noticed my two best 2yo's Enchanted and Ghostzapper had the same father and he was a unraced horse, I love it when that happens. :D :D U think after the million of hours I've played this game I still like breeding my flat horses, I think theres something wrong with me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:23 pm
Group 1 winner

FR 9 and I have a certain winner and the jockey stops riding.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 120  Next