View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
No Worries mate done and forgotten

Wed May 03, 2017 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:
Githyanki wrote:
PS - Congrats Paul on winning the DCC Cup, DCC title, flat title and NH title :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lets hope if we have another season before S07 we can change the rules a bit to shake it up as a one off.

Likewise Paul, none of the comments/emojis made are a personal attack I assure you, I thought you guys loved the craic ;-)

You have always been a great source of free information for all trainers and your breeding is phenomenal you are fortunate to have the time to be able to dominate, probably a lot of jealousy on our part.... well, not probably! lol.

so no hard feelings I hope.

Wed May 03, 2017 1:56 pm
Group 2 winner

Anadin wrote:

Likewise Paul, none of the comments/emojis made are a personal attack I assure you, I thought you guys loved the craic ;-)

You have always been a great source of free information for all trainers and your breeding is phenomenal you are fortunate to have the time to be able to dominate, probably a lot of jealousy on our part.... well, not probably! lol.

so no hard feelings I hope.

Paul, I made a tongue in cheek remark on page 1 about your chances this season. I also apologise if any offense was given.

I strive to be as successfull as yourself and have always found you to be very helpfull to us lesser trainers and it is only with yours and Johns guidance that I have become more successfull myself.

I wish you every success in the comming season.

Jim

Wed May 03, 2017 2:22 pm
Group 2 winner

Wednesday continues the good form showed by the stable this season. One winner on the flat and one winner over fences and 8 placers over both codes.

Wiltshire Girl ran a great race in the 5f sprint, leading almost all the way. She was my best 2yo and 3yo sprinter and I opted to enter her as a 3yo this season.

Sunpool Girl won a 2 mile hurdle being challenged by Pauls horse all the way and just getting up on the line.

Summary of the Weeks Races.

3 winners over the flat and 3 winners over fences although my NH winners were all hurdlers, the chasers did not fare so well.

Over both codes I had 17 horses who placed.

I had 38 starters and 23 were in the money. I couldn't have asked for a better start to the season.

Wed May 03, 2017 2:39 pm
Group 2 winner

Day three was my best day so far with 4 horses finishing in the money and some other promising runs too.

On the flat Blue Soul ran a stinker bit has been very kindly treated by the handicapper so will be looking to exploit that asap. Comin Home and Purple Records both showed enough to suggest they can compete. Slow Southern Style was my best plat performer of the day finishing 4th. She remains one of my main hopes for a win.

Over the sticks things got very exciting when Crazy Parachute nearly gave me an opening week win before being collared on the line. A great example of how realistic this game can be as I have seen so many horses get done up that Towcester hill. Looks like I may have a decent one for the long distance races although he has unsurprisingly, and quite rightly, been given a stiff handicap mark as the front two were well clear. Behind The Wallpaper and Dandelion also both picked up prize money with promising 4ths. Come See The Wine and Next Edition didn't disgrace themselves but Laura Roppe, Sue Foley and Trouble In Shangri La were a little disappointing.

Really enjoyed my first week as a trainer but I think I made a rookie error with the entries and sat a few too many out.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Wed May 03, 2017 3:15 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

No need to apologize lads i spat the dummy in a big way like a big baby and as usual
reacted before thinking about it I have the utmost respect for all the regulars.

Wed May 03, 2017 3:30 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
No need to apologize lads i spat the dummy in a big way like a big baby and as usual
reacted before thinking about it I have the utmost respect for all the regulars.

lol spat the dummy out I better not say someone pick Paul up and wind him :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: if we don't laugh we Cry that statement made me laugh.

Wed May 03, 2017 3:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

Lordedaw wrote:
Day three was my best day so far with 4 horses finishing in the money and some other promising runs too.

On the flat Blue Soul ran a stinker bit has been very kindly treated by the handicapper so will be looking to exploit that asap. Comin Home and Purple Records both showed enough to suggest they can compete. Slow Southern Style was my best plat performer of the day finishing 4th. She remains one of my main hopes for a win.

Over the sticks things got very exciting when Crazy Parachute nearly gave me an opening week win before being collared on the line. A great example of how realistic this game can be as I have seen so many horses get done up that Towcester hill. Looks like I may have a decent one for the long distance races although he has unsurprisingly, and quite rightly, been given a stiff handicap mark as the front two were well clear. Behind The Wallpaper and Dandelion also both picked up prize money with promising 4ths. Come See The Wine and Next Edition didn't disgrace themselves but Laura Roppe, Sue Foley and Trouble In Shangri La were a little disappointing.

Really enjoyed my first week as a trainer but I think I made a rookie error with the entries and sat a few too many out.

i never thought about gelding leedham lol
he ran terrible aswell he had good stats but i never trailed him put him last thing .. maybe he be the last ben of this season
cant he win ? :D

Wed May 03, 2017 3:42 pm
Group 1 winner

Paul was the Handicapper in SO5 ?

Gray

Wed May 03, 2017 3:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

'Spit the Dummy' great name for a 1yo that :)

Wed May 03, 2017 3:57 pm
Group 1 winner

Lordedaw wrote:

Yes in NH its best to get a hurdle and chase rating for as many as possible so you can possible exploit a low mark later in the season. The first 2 weeks because of the firmer ground in NH are always good for getting marks for both

Wed May 03, 2017 5:16 pm
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

....and i have the utmost respect for you my mentor Paul.

i have great respect for everybody here tbh, whatever part anyone plays in this league, it wouldn't be the same without you all

i'm shocked too that i actually got a win in the first week, came in the shape of a returnee on day 3 :)

roll on next week

Wed May 03, 2017 6:04 pm
Selling plater

Not bad start, only testing most of my runners and uh nice to see its as tough as ever.

not won much but already doing better than last time :D

Wed May 03, 2017 8:56 pm
Group 1 winner

Quote:
Paul was the Handicapper in SO5 ?

Gray

Before my time, though I do seem to recall that being linked to some of the horse files from last week, cannot recall whose mind.

Wed May 03, 2017 9:01 pm
Group 1 winner

UnknownHan wrote:
Not bad start, only testing most of my runners and uh nice to see its as tough as ever.

not won much but already doing better than last time :D

Hi you seem to have played before by that statement lol was that under another name what was your trainers Name then Hans.

Gray

Wed May 03, 2017 9:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 120  Next