View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Not a good week at all, really thought my flat handicapped horses were well in on most entries (10 finished in the money) but still a few better than mine, retuning horse "Iraqui Copper" gets a honourable mention by coming 3rd in a G2 Sprint, was never going to beat John's "Lochsong" but ending 2.5 lengths back is a win of sorts for my stable.

The hunt, a few in the money & a SO champs qualifier which was promising but the hunt is a fickle girl and wins depend a lot on the top trainers horses not getting round, thank god for the "pull-up race kit" in my opinion :lol: (controversial) or the hunt would be similar to the flat with domination from the top 4-5 trainers (as if it isn't already :wink:)

Can't say there will be much improvement when the changes happen in my stable, I will try and breed a few and see what happens, but my original plan of 20 winners across the codes looks like it was "pie in the sky" with some remarkable improvement from trainers (Moilets, Darren H, Formula Folis, D French) who used to be my equals but they have kicked on, well done boys.

Well done to all winners & placers & the team as usual. A quick shout to Darren Howells a treble mate on one day is brilliant and Tim, they are flying in now and you, me and Doug will be fighting out the comms championship runners up place, as Martin has worked out how to hex :lol: and smashing us all hahahahaha....

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL & SEE YOU IN 2018

p.s Well Done Josh a 9 win week, best not hear you moaning at all :wink:

Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:22 am
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:

p.s Well Done Josh a 9 win week, best not hear you moaning at all :wink:

I can see a role reversal coming i want to do a bit of moaning now :lol: :lol:

Amazed with the improvers this season especially Moilets who has gone up a few
mini leagues. Its good to see.

Martin continues to amaze he is nailed on to be leading second season sire :lol: :lol:

Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:48 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

really good end to the week 4 runners 2 winners a 2nd and a 4th all G1s

congrats to Darren on his treble

so that makes 7 winners this week 4 of which were G1s

many thanks to all involved (except hans)

congrats all runners(except hands)

Merry Xmas and a prosperous New Year(except hans)

Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:09 pm
Group 2 winner

Pretty poor week for me with just the one winner Always Smile in a listed hurdle. 14 others finished in the money though so not a million miles away.

12 wins from 10 individual horses so far, 6 wins from 5 horses in each code puts me on course to beat last years 26 but isn't quite as many as I would have liked. Personal target was to try for 39 wins which averages 3 a week as opposed to last seasons 2. Not quite on course for that yet but hopefully still doable.

NH team seem to have improved as have my middle/long distance handicappers on the flat but 2YO and sprinters remain pretty poor. Have a feeling I may fall into that void between being top weight in the bottom/middle handicaps and bottom weight in the better ones. Consistency can be a killer in the this league it would seem.

Happy with the returners, only a few have failed to 'train on' and look like departing this week. Pre Concerto added to his Grade 1 hurdle win last season with a Grade 2 win. Somehow Russian Foxbat keeps slipping into the bottom end races and she notched her third league win last week and Sunset Ride also won for the second season running. Bad Attitude looks like being this seasons stable star on the level with 2 wins and 2 seconds already.

Hope you all have a good Christmas and if anyone gets a sudden bout of bravery you know how to contact Doug, Stu or me ..... you know what I'm saying !!!

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:20 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

An abysmal week ended with two winners. So happy. I am so happy for a 0-90 in the hunt an a 0-70 with four horses on the flat. A win is a win :lol:

I actually think I have better horses this year than last season, but I am still struggling to manage my horses right and understand which races to pick. But I am slowly learning.

Happy Christmas everyone. You are all an excellent bunch of virtual trainers!

Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:56 pm
Group 2 winner

Just one winner today, but a very nice winner. Battle Road Boy won the G1 Kranji Mile.

A couple of placers in flat and jumps, but a few of the horses I fancied this week finished well down the field.

The season so far has better than I expected on the flat as I did very little breeding on the flat, most of the stable are jumps castoffs. The jumps has been a bit more vexing this season. Don't get me wrong, I have 18 winners, but the races I thought my horses were strongest in have not been so good and the races I don't usually do so well in have been better than expected.

I think this is down to a resurgence in Leons stable and the excellent form of Josh and Darrens stables. Well done to all of you.

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to all.

Jim

Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:25 pm
Group 1 winner

Just the one winner on the final day 'In Estate of Madness' and he nearly made a mess of it, great week though with 9 wins.

Merry Christmas one and all.

Josh

Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:40 pm
Group 2 winner

A fairly slow start to the week, just a few in the money although some were nice results, suddenly got a whole lot better on day 3.
I had what was probably my first ever treble, I've certainly never won 3 successive races before, and also had 2 2nds and a 3rd. Most of my handicappers appear to have found their level and mark, which is what all newbies should take note of. You may get thrashed in weeks 1 & 2 but eventually you can get winning opportunities if you place your horse sensibly. "Keep yourself in the best company and your horses in the worst", Mark Prescott I believe.
So far 22 out of 25 flat horses have won some money so I am likely to stick with them all.
The jumps was more of a case of same old same old although I did somehow manage a 3rd plade in the Grade 2 Clonmel Chase, surely one of the flukes of the season and the horse should probably be dope tested!
Only 13 out of 30 jumpers have so far eaned anything towards theur keep so there will be a few changes, hopefully a homebred National horse amongst them.
Highlight of the week from a viewing perspective was the AJC Derby, I have never seen a race like that in the league before.
Merry Christmas, or whatever you celebrate, and a happy new year and I will see you all after the break.
Darren

Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:55 pm
Group 3 winner

Pommard wrote:
A fairly slow start to the week, just a few in the money although some were nice results, suddenly got a whole lot better on day 3.
I had what was probably my first ever treble, I've certainly never won 3 successive races before, and also had 2 2nds and a 3rd. Most of my handicappers appear to have found their level and mark, which is what all newbies should take note of. You may get thrashed in weeks 1 & 2 but eventually you can get winning opportunities if you place your horse sensibly. "Keep yourself in the best company and your horses in the worst", Mark Prescott I believe.
So far 22 out of 25 flat horses have won some money so I am likely to stick with them all.
The jumps was more of a case of same old same old although I did somehow manage a 3rd plade in the Grade 2 Clonmel Chase, surely one of the flukes of the season and the horse should probably be dope tested!
Only 13 out of 30 jumpers have so far eaned anything towards theur keep so there will be a few changes, hopefully a homebred National horse amongst them.
Highlight of the week from a viewing perspective was the AJC Derby, I have never seen a race like that in the league before.
Merry Christmas, or whatever you celebrate, and a happy new year and I will see you all after the break.
Darren

Well written, and well done with the treble, Darren.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:06 pm
Group 1 winner

Pommard wrote:
Darren

Well done, Darren!
I agree about the AJC Derby - I've never seen anything like it either!
A Merry Xmas and New Years to you.

Doug

Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:33 pm
Group 2 winner

1 winner for me this week and a lot went very close.

A huge merry Christmas to all involved! Every single trainer brings something to this fantastic league so I hope you and your families have a great festtive season.

See you in the new year!

Last edited by follis86 on Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:38 pm
Selling plater

Hi All.

Is tomorrow the last day we can transfer horses??

Colin

Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:57 pm
Group 1 winner

5th of January I believe is when the window closes.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:29 pm
Selling plater

Githyanki wrote:

Cheers Josh

Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:08 pm
Group 1 winner

Colsey1986 wrote:
Githyanki wrote:

Cheers Josh

Midnight Thursday 4th January window closes.

Gray

Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:16 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 120  Next