View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
1 flat winner and 2 Jumps winners

Leopold The Great
Breaks his maiden tag in the Windsor Castle listed stakes still on target for
the Criterium De St Cloud. 27 of the 30 horses to represent the flat team
have now won races leaving Carlos Senor Stu & Anglo Saxon to win races.

Illusionist
taken 9 attempts to get off the mark and does it in grade 2 company winning
the Classic Novices' Hurdle G2 at Cheltenham.

Borrisheena
Another who has taken 9 attempts to get off the mark and does it in grade
2 company winning the Lightning Novice's Chase G2 at Doncaster.

Congratulations to all the winners and placers
thanks to the team
great comms as always
we miss the preview shows :(

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:12 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I had a nice 4th in a G3 Hcp over the sticks that gave me some joy.
Not many runners for me on the first day this week so hoping for another win or two over the next two days.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:38 am
Group 3 winner

My reaction to todays effort......

Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:38 am
Group 1 winner

Well that was 24 races pretty much dominated by a few, thank god for Marty Cairns, Leon & Davey Robertson, for stopping a whitewash of 3 or 4 trainers winning everything (and they moan about the schedule tsch! :wink: )

Nothing to report in my lot, a 3rd in a 2yo listed race was nice but a tough 11lb hike in the weights is damaging in the long run :-(

Well done to the few winners and the rest of us.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:34 am
Group 1 winner

One winner and 8 that finished sodding 2nd

Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:33 am
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:
Well that was 24 races pretty much dominated by a few, thank god for Marty Cairns, Leon & Davey Robertson, for stopping a whitewash of 3 or 4 trainers winning everything (and they moan about the schedule tsch! :wink: )

Nothing to report in my lot, a 3rd in a 2yo listed race was nice but a tough 11lb hike in the weights is damaging in the long run :-(

9 trainers won races today Stu

Jim had an incredible day winning 7 races

Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:01 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Anadin wrote:

OK, maybe a bit eager to vent my frustration of trying to win a b***** race or two in the league this season and too quick to comment before all facts checked, but 9 winners spread over 24 races is roughly 28% of the trainers that had runners won, so 72% of trainers didn't, still feels like domination :lol:

And I've hardly moaned this season :wink:

Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:42 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
One winner and 8 that finished sodding 2nd

Yeah, I noticed that in my calls.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:46 am
Group 1 winner

you alrite there stu or do you need a hug?I think poor ol jango does lol

Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:47 am
Group 1 winner

2 winners today and a couple of solid efforts

R4-Laylines 1st in the Juddmont didnt give him much chance big surprise to see two 4yo take 1 & 2

R11-Brute Force 1st giving weight all round from a plum draw few hard luck stories in the race will up him in grade now

special mentions to jim & martyn (the giant killer) great 1st day

congrats all runners

Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:59 am
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Anadin wrote:

OK, maybe a bit eager to vent my frustration of trying to win a b***** race or two in the league this season and too quick to comment before all facts checked, but 9 winners spread over 24 races is roughly 28% of the trainers that had runners won, so 72% of trainers didn't, still feels like domination :lol:

And I've hardly moaned this season :wink:

this is true :lol:

please mind the language Stu slapped wrist sir

Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

An absolutely incredible day.

4 winners on the flat and 3 winners over fences.

While I appreciate Stu's comments about domination, this day was a fluke day. I have seen the results for the rest of the week and without giving too much away, I have one winner over the next two days.

On the subject of domination, there are 11 group races on the flat this week and 6 were run on the first day, there a 7 group races in NH this week and 3 were run on the first day. With such a high percentage of the group races being run on day 1, it is not surprising that the top trainers had so many winners. Most weeks, the top 7 or 8 trainers tend to dominate group races.

The rest of the week has more handicap races and this gives the mid tier trainers much more chance of winning races.

Let's compare the number of different trainers who win races by the end of the week.

I would just like to add, none of the top trainers have kept quiet about their breeding methods. We have all published what we do and offered all the help we can to encourage trainers to succeed. Anyone can become a top trainer if they are willing to adapt to these methods and put the time in to do so. I have spent hours on the phone and on email discussing breeding with other trainers and in some cases, sharing computer screens demonstrating what to do.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:44 pm
Group 1 winner

Wannabe wrote:

I would just like to add, none of the top trainers have kept quiet about their breeding methods. We have all published what we do and offered all the help we can to encourage trainers to succeed. Anyone can become a top trainer if they are willing to adapt to these methods and put the time in to do so.

Thats very true and has been true for some time

Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Please guy's don't get so defensive...

We all know that the way to compete or be successful in the league is via the breeding methods the top tier use and I do not have a problem with it after so long in the league, its not if its something new and been well publicised and helpful to new and old trainers a like.

Jim, Paul, Josh & John have all answered many questions of mine and been more than helpful to me over the years.

As I mentioned, its more the frustration of a lower league trainer, who this year has found it incredibly hard to compete even at the bottom, from rough handicap marks to poor draws etc. My vent (someone has to be blamed, outside of me :lol:) was not anything more than that and no attack at the methods used or those at the top. If it came out like that then I am sorry it was never my attention.

Yes it was G'day Monday :-) on the flat and it is the norm and I am sure the week will level its self out more as we progress.

So enough said and please don't feel that you need to justify yourselves for being successful.

Paul, my apologies regarding the slip of the finger language in the previous post.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:44 pm
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:
Please guy's don't get so defensive...

We all know that the way to compete or be successful in the league is via the breeding methods the top tier use and I do not have a problem with it after so long in the league, its not if its something new and been well publicised and helpful to new and old trainers a like.

Jim, Paul, Josh & John have all answered many questions of mine and been more than helpful to me over the years.

As I mentioned, its more the frustration of a lower league trainer, who this year has found it incredibly hard to compete even at the bottom, from rough handicap marks to poor draws etc. My vent (someone has to be blamed, outside of me :lol:) was not anything more than that and no attack at the methods used or those at the top. If it came out like that then I am sorry it was never my attention.

Yes it was G'day Monday :-) on the flat and it is the norm and I am sure the week will level its self out more as we progress.

So enough said and please don't feel that you need to justify yourselves for being successful.

Paul, my apologies regarding the slip of the finger language in the previous post.

It's funny some lad named Josh said the very same thing this time last season i wonder what did ever happen to him :?: :D

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 120  Next