View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
DocHay wrote:
Ive never not played it straight, everything I found about the game I put on here and I have not been in the league since I found any of it, the widespread hexing in the league was before my time. Yes I could have posted my findings in a different way, not that it would ultimately have changed anything. All that matters is that they were made public and the game was patched.

Will just leave it now after this week, would have preferred to remain anonymous as some cannot get their heads around it and think im a cheat so will end up causing problems inevitably.

Thanks for the effort from everyone running the league, very professional and a well oiled machine now, came a long way since the last time I was playing.

I dont see why you should quit all the files would have been checked
As you said before its obvious when a horse has been hex edited as the bars
extend past their maximum limit and they would all win very easily.

You have never cheated so you should have the right to compete im all for
that. I think we were all messing trying to work out who was behind the Gene
Rosen name. I have nothing against you Doc as you say the way you dealt with
revealing the info could have been better but it did do good to sure up the league
and its all a very very long time ago. All the best to you hope you reconsider.

Fri May 05, 2017 6:10 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

DocHay wrote:
Ive never not played it straight, everything I found about the game I put on here and I have not been in the league since I found any of it, the widespread hexing in the league was before my time. Yes I could have posted my findings in a different way, not that it would ultimately have changed anything. All that matters is that they were made public and the game was patched.

Will just leave it now after this week, would have preferred to remain anonymous as some cannot get their heads around it and think im a cheat so will end up causing problems inevitably.

Thanks for the effort from everyone running the league, very professional and a well oiled machine now, came a long way since the last time I was playing.

Hi Doc we try and check everything I don't think you have ever cheated but the way you went around showing how it was done by Video is what got a lot of people backs up.
We check everything and a new Trainer with very good horses don't have the start Gene Rosen had is why we had a closer look you have never been Banned from the league and you can carry on playing the league.

You are welcome to carry on in the league if you want but I feel its better now we know its you and we can carry on with the Season.

Gray

Fri May 05, 2017 6:18 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 2 winner

DocHay wrote:

I have actually taken the time to trawl back through the forum to the beginning as I had heard there were lots of shenanigans a few years back.

From some posts I have read there seems to have been quite a few unpleasant individuals about who were basically bullies and trouble makers. In my opinion you do not appear to have been one of them, in fact you were on the receiving end quite a bit. From what I can gather just tried to alert people to what was possible and had happened previously. I see no reason for you to have to quit now that everyone knows who you are. The posts are there to see if people want to trawl back. I believe we like to think of ourselves as a friendly welcoming bunch here and if we let you quit then we are no better than some of the idiots that were around previously. I speak for no one else but I would like you to stay ..... and for what its worth I am jolly glad you aren't one of the people I though you might have been ! Join in the forums and enjoy it is what I say.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Fri May 05, 2017 6:28 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

DocHay wrote:

Doc if u want to stay u can stay, if mark think the horses are Ok then it's good enough for me.

Fri May 05, 2017 6:51 pm
Group 1 winner

Horse files get checked now. All taking part will be legit so no need to leave. Doc highlighted issues with horse files and there was no issue with cheating with him. In fact it helped Mark put some steps in place to prevent this.

So hopefully you stick around

Fri May 05, 2017 6:56 pm
Group 2 winner

I'll echo what everyone else says, please stay, the more the merrier.
Plus your unlikely to be competing against me and depriving me of a winner in a 0-80 handicap :).

Fri May 05, 2017 7:17 pm
Group 1 winner

DocHay - stick around.

You were always going to get chatter as you appeared as a new player and it's always quite unlikely a new player is going to have G1 horses as you have.
I and others around here gathered you were a returning trainer - just a matter of who and of course people will speculate as to who you may be - just normal human behaviour.

Your horses - as the case with every trainer in here - have been vetted and cleared. In fact all trainers have been cleared in the SO6 league - this being the 3rd season.

You have obviously spent many an hour on your team and it would be a shame to see you walk away from that work.

Always good to have another top line trainer involved as it just adds to the excitement of the G1s and G2s.

So stick around and enjoy the new league and community.

Doug. (race caller)

Sat May 06, 2017 1:49 am
Group 1 winner

Come on Doc lets put it all behind us stick around mate
as Doug said obvious you put alot of time in would be
hateful to waste that time. GIVE IT A GO

Sat May 06, 2017 6:47 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Questions asked and answered so no issue from me either.

As you say league has moved on since you last played, be a shame to miss out on a throughly well put together set of races and shows, particularly as you look to be top tier competitive.

Josh

Sat May 06, 2017 9:31 am
Group 1 winner

i was involved in this and whilst i didn't have a problem with doc i hated the almost gloating way he delivered his findings yes he found a glitch but my problem was why look for that glitch in the first place.i deplore cheating in any shape or form and the idea that ppl were doing this really left a bad taste and that we were never on a level playing field,we've come a long way thankfully.
all that said doc should carry on fair competition is always good

just my take

Sat May 06, 2017 6:04 pm
Group 1 winner

So let's get back to racing.....

Great first day for me, one off my best ever with 5 wins, 3 on the flat 2 over the jumps. Slightly bitter sweet taste about Pumpkin winning me my first G1, indeed on the flat my first group race win period, as twin turbo's jock seemed to stop riding. Rumours are again circulating about jockey bribery after last years investigation into trainer Sutherland :). Mocha Latte ran a blinder after avoiding the group races, and Breed the Beast, a horse I planned as a brood mare also ran well to sneak her maiden.

On the hunt, great to see Judgement for Max win a G3, timed his run better than last week, 6f flat speed from his bloodline, and Cafe Au Lait also ran well for her handicap win. Only others one really worth a mention are Playing Around running 3rd. Stay Another Day ran well for her opening race of the year, and hop skip jump who bravely or foolishly tried to win from about 4f out, reeled in for 3rd.

Mon May 08, 2017 7:18 am
Group 2 winner

A fantastic day for me, got my first ever flat group win in the Godolphin mile with King Bollin (am going to breed the hell out of him). He possibly got the run of the race but he is far and away my best horse and I did expect him to be competetive. Thank you for the kind commentary words Doug but you didn't have to sound quite so suprised :). Anyone would think it was a shock of Nortons Coin proportions.
Elsewhere very few runners but got a really good 5th in the West Yorkshire hurdle, I am generally just waiting for the handicaps to start.
Still annoying to see all the pull-ups in 3m+ races.
Huge congratulations to Josh on the first group win, may it be the first of many. Congrats to all other winners and nice to see returning horses it definitely adds to the general atmosphere.
Darren

Mon May 08, 2017 8:01 am
Group 1 winner

Likewise Darren, good day for both with our first flat group wins :)

Mon May 08, 2017 8:15 am
Group 3 winner

Debut and reality check for me. Lots of work to do, but I am really hooked. This is so fun.

I probably do a lot of newbie errors, but I see that the horses have the name of my trainer in the game, not the one I am registered With in TOM. I guess the trainers name in the game follow the horse in export?

Then I should strive to have the same name in all my games I reckon.

Mon May 08, 2017 9:55 am
Group 1 winner

Pommard wrote:
A fantastic day for me, got my first ever flat group win in the Godolphin mile with King Bollin (am going to breed the hell out of him). He possibly got the run of the race but he is far and away my best horse and I did expect him to be competetive. Thank you for the kind commentary words Doug but you didn't have to sound quite so suprised :). Anyone would think it was a shock of Nortons Coin proportions.
Elsewhere very few runners but got a really good 5th in the West Yorkshire hurdle, I am generally just waiting for the handicaps to start.
Still annoying to see all the pull-ups in 3m+ races.
Huge congratulations to Josh on the first group win, may it be the first of many. Congrats to all other winners and nice to see returning horses it definitely adds to the general atmosphere.
Darren

If it was my first Group win I would have been going off like a two bob watch lol
Always good to see a battler crack into the big league.

Mon May 08, 2017 10:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 120  Next