View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Handicapper

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Congrats on your first Group wins!!!

First weeks are the hardest, not much prize money for my stable but still happy about a 6th int the Dubai Sheema Classic G1 or my 3rd in the G2 Dubai Gold Cup Stayers race.

Great work by the league staff, have to say this is such a great community here, hope this will last for many more seasons!

Mon May 08, 2017 10:47 am
Group 2 winner

Four fallers, five lasts and a bunch of also rans ...... that's all she wrote !!!!

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Mon May 08, 2017 1:19 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Taunton wrote:
Debut and reality check for me. Lots of work to do, but I am really hooked. This is so fun.

I probably do a lot of newbie errors, but I see that the horses have the name of my trainer in the game, not the one I am registered With in TOM. I guess the trainers name in the game follow the horse in export?

Then I should strive to have the same name in all my games I reckon.

What are your in game trainer names. Will try and give you a call out in the commentaries

Mon May 08, 2017 1:31 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Quote:
What are your in game trainer names. Will try and give you a call out in the commentaries

I have two games that the horses comes from. One my trainer name is Carl Arrogante, and the other the name is Blake Acid. I always mess about with the names, but i didn't realize that the name from my savegame was the one appearing on the screen in the league. I have seen both trainers name in the races.

I may not need very much attention just yet because my horses are rubbish and I am not setting the league on fire. But maybe in a couple of seasons I will manage to get a placing :lol:

I am so glad I joined, it is so cool to see your own horse run, even though they falter badly in the end. One of my horses, Kubuszok, led a race for a brief furlong and it made my heart beat faster. :lol:

My real name is Daniel and my surname is very scandinavian , so when I worked in Scotland nobody could get their heads around it so they just called me Danny Boy :lol:

Mon May 08, 2017 2:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Wow! group winners not out of the big 3-4 trainers, well done Darren, Josh, Martyn, Jim.

First day review of what really appears to be a bad bunch for me this season.

Only 2 on the flat for me which ended up being a distressed pull-up and a horse being drawn 24 in a 26 run race, so frustrating :evil:

The Hunt, well running mainly in the car park as all run wide for the most part, a fall here and there also the first time I have been hit with the mysterious pull-up syndrome with 2 pulling up and being I am Pinocchio :wink: I know I have two more tonight to contend with....

Masked Karla 7yo returned from last year to almost hang on to win a handicap chase but ended up 3rd but I love the fact that returning horses can still claim prize money. Handicapper be nice... please...

A quick mention to Josh who looks like he will be getting into the illustrious top trainer list at this rate (although abuse comes with this LOL) his horses have, what looks like being the most improved of returning trainers, Well done mate.

Last edited by Anadin on Mon May 08, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 08, 2017 2:27 pm
Group 2 winner

Taunton wrote:
Quote:

I have two games that the horses comes from. One my trainer name is Carl Arrogante, and the other the name is Blake Acid. I always mess about with the names, but i didn't realize that the name from my savegame was the one appearing on the screen in the league. I have seen both trainers name in the races.

I may not need very much attention just yet because my horses are rubbish and I am not setting the league on fire. But maybe in a couple of seasons I will manage to get a placing :lol:

I am so glad I joined, it is so cool to see your own horse run, even though they falter badly in the end. One of my horses, Kubuszok, led a race for a brief furlong and it made my heart beat faster. :lol:

My real name is Daniel and my surname is very scandinavian , so when I worked in Scotland nobody could get their heads around it so they just called me Danny Boy :lol:

Am just about to start Wednesdays Commentaries so if you have a runner I may give you a shout out. It is my first season with horses and I am not doing so well either, so you have a rival for last place !

Mon May 08, 2017 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Taunton wrote:
Quote:

Carl Arrogante & Blake Acid brilliant names, should be characters in a Guy Ritchie movie 8)

Mon May 08, 2017 2:30 pm
Group 2 winner

FLAT - Like the others I have achieved my first G1 winner on the flat with Wiltshire Girl winning the 5f sprint in Dubai. I have been competing in the league since SO4 and never been close before to a G1 win. Also worth mentions are Bartertown Boy (2nd), Policetown Boy (2nd) and Dreadshire Boy (4th) who all placed in the group races at Dubai.

NH - 3 winners and 4 second places over the sticks. It was a great day, but could have been a fantastic day if the 2nd placers had also won.

The winners were Cairnsville Girl in a 2m 1f chase, Birch Forrest Girl in the Juvenile hurdle, both on their maiden runs and Sunpool Girl who made it two in a row winning the Listed Mares hurdle.

Congrats on that 1st G1 win Josh and also to all the other winners and placers.

Great comms as usual guys.

Mon May 08, 2017 2:31 pm
Group 3 winner

Quote:
Am just about to start Wednesdays Commentaries so if you have a runner I may give you a shout out. It is my first season with horses and I am not doing so well either, so you have a rival for last place !

Thank you. That is so nice of you. I think you guys do a brilliant job. I am going to challenge you for those last places. :D

Quote:
Carl Arrogante & Blake Acid brilliant names, should be characters in a Guy Ritchie movie 8)

He he. After my debut in the league, I am not very arrogant any more. But it is fun playing around with names.

Mon May 08, 2017 2:36 pm
Group 2 winner

Wannabe wrote:
FLAT - Like the others I have achieved my first G1 winner on the flat with Wiltshire Girl winning the 5f sprint in Dubai. I have been competing in the league since SO4 and never been close before to a G1 win. Also worth mentions are Bartertown Boy (2nd), Policetown Boy (2nd) and Dreadshire Boy (4th) who all placed in the group races at Dubai.

NH - 3 winners and 4 second places over the sticks. It was a great day, but could have been a fantastic day if the 2nd placers had also won.

The winners were Cairnsville Girl in a 2m 1f chase, Birch Forrest Girl in the Juvenile hurdle, both on their maiden runs and Sunpool Girl who made it two in a row winning the Listed Mares hurdle.

Congrats on that 1st G1 win Josh and also to all the other winners and placers.

Great comms as usual guys.

Didn't realise it was a first group 1 Jim, very well done.

Mon May 08, 2017 2:44 pm
Group 1 winner

Taunton wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Thank you. That is so nice of you. I think you guys do a brilliant job. I am going to challenge you for those last places. :D

Now hold on, there is alot of us aiming for those last places, get to the back of the queue :wink:

Mon May 08, 2017 2:45 pm
Group 2 winner

Taunton wrote:
Quote:

Daniel, as soon as your horses have had one run just get them straight into handicaps. They will soon find their mark/level and start being competetive. Try to run them in the lowest available to start with then work up.

Mon May 08, 2017 2:48 pm
Group 3 winner

Quote:
Daniel, as soon as your horses have had one run just get them straight into handicaps. They will soon find their mark/level and start being competetive. Try to run them in the lowest available to start with then work up.

Cheers. Thank you so much for the tip. Will do that. I think I read somewhere that the first maidens are really tough. Lots of quality horses in there.

Mon May 08, 2017 2:55 pm
Handicapper

Anadin wrote:
Taunton wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Now hold on, there is alot of us aiming for those last places, get to the back of the queue :wink:

yes there's a queue, i'm at front and i hold the record for non starters :P

Mon May 08, 2017 7:16 pm
Group 1 winner

I'd like to congratulate Jim- Josh- Darren on winning some of the big group races at Dubai. It's what the league needs. :D

And congrats to Jared Tutt on winning u first league race.

Mon May 08, 2017 9:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 120  Next