View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Flat

A decent day on the flat with one winner and 4 x 2nd placers.

Jumps

This was a terrible day for my team over fences.

On average I have about 3 horses per week who fail to make it around the track. Today, I had 6 horses out of 11 runners who failed to make it around the track, either falling or pull-ups. Add those to to a couple on the first day and with still tomorrow to come, this will be the worst week of non-finishers I can recall since I first entered the league 6 years ago.

On the bright side, I did have a marvellous first day of racing.

Well done to all the winners and placers.

Jim

Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:23 pm
Group 1 winner

these jumps pull ups are really frustrating even from a spectators pov its the main reason ive never entered the jumps,there was one last night that had the jock cam was going well then pulled for no apparent reason,theres still a year till so7 is released so why cant mark sort this out ?perhaps someone with a bit of clout....cough cough gray or pj can have a word with him as its ruining the hunt side atm imo.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:33 pm
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
these jumps pull ups are really frustrating even from a spectators pov its the main reason ive never entered the jumps,there was one last night that had the jock cam was going well then pulled for no apparent reason,theres still a year till so7 is released so why cant mark sort this out ?perhaps someone with a bit of clout....cough cough gray or pj can have a word with him as its ruining the hunt side atm imo.

for the sake of the league i think pull ups should be binned but i doubt Mark is going to do any work on SO6 now

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

SO6 is dead. Mark has said a couple of times now that he will be doing no more updates for SO6.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:10 pm
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:

I don't have any Clout Steve lol but I did post two weeks ago in SO7 Development about the Pull ups so Mark I know goes through the messages would of seen it but didn't respond to it.

Gray

Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:03 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Another winner on the flat today and quite fittingly it was at Brighton in the Hove Nursery with Larwood Boy although I had to share the win with Sirius Chill.
Better to DH than be a nose second :-)

Well done to Jess for picking up a 4th and Aiden's horse running 5th - a little bit of prize money for both new trainers - I think that was Jess' first bit of prize money as well.
My fingers are crossed i can keep my winning form going next week :-)

Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:06 am
Group 3 winner

Howdy

Results continue to improve gradually each week.

My two standouts were Honey Badger with a 3rd in the Group 3 Bet365 Molecomb Stakes and Beau Geste with a 2nd by the smallest of margins in the Telegraph Handicap.
Also finished 5th in 3 other races.

All of my horses now have a rating and can finally be entered in suitable races, so i'm optimistic of a win next week....maybe :)

Thanks to everyone involved.

Cheers

Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:43 am
Group 1 winner

3 Winners today

Spartan
The UAE Derby winner got off the mark n Group one company taking out the Haskell delighted as i was
not sure he was capable not sure on future targets but long term the Breeders Cup Classic he loves the dirt.

Your So Thrilling
Wins her 3rd Group one of the season she did it nicely future target would be one of the Breeders Cup
mile races hoping she can bag a few more wins along the way.

Sr Alexander Graham Bell
Gets off the mark in bumpers and did it the brave way made every yard of the race but had enough left
in the tank to see off his challengers high hopes for the champion bumper.

congrats to the winners and placers
thanks to the team and great comms as always

Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:50 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Two flat winners this week, one being a dead heat. The other was a horse who seems to excel on the soft. Newcomers looking for wins? Add some mudlarks to your stable - They find good spots to win when the turf is right.

One win in the jumps in a cheapo handicap chase with my Grand National horse. Gives me hope for the one race above all in both codes that I want. I'd say the Kentucky Derby would be the one I really want but I literally have a better chance at the Grand National.

I ran out of chase options for my horse Spoken For so I threw her in a group hurdle to get a hurdle mark. She ran out of her skin only to be nabbed in the last strides. It's hurdles for her this week.

Lots of close finishes this week. Good stuff.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:41 am
Group 1 winner

Three more Hunt winners on the final day, blank on the flat.

Josh

Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:40 am
Group 3 winner

Best week for me so far. 3 winners, one of them dead heated. And the G2 as the cherry on the cake. My goal was to average a win pr week, and hopefully better my total last year with 14 wins. I am on course for both, hopefully will not jinx it :lol:

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:21 am
Group 1 winner

2 winners today and a couple of also rans

R28-Correlation 1st didnt really expect a win her jock rode a strange race caught em on the line nowhere to go with him now as this was a G1

R32-Prosecutor 1st kept his unbeaten tag with a 1 3/4l win Grand Criterium the goal for him

honorable mention to Galactico the only filly against the colts beaten on the line

congrats all runners

Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:38 pm
Group 2 winner

One handicap winner on the flat, but not much else on the flat to cheer about.

One winner over fences, a few nice placers, but another 2 horses who failed to make it round. That made it 10 from 26 who failed to finish this week.

Congrats to all the winners and placers.

Jim

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:51 pm
Group 2 winner

Probably ended up being my best week of the season so far after a slow start to the week. Just the one winner on day 1 and day 2 but then 4 on day 3 giving me 6 for the week.

NH side is still struggling with only Boom Docker hitting the winners enclosure. Good late charge to take the S06 Hurdle. Bred to be a 3m + chaser but he seems to prefer hurdles and slightly short of the 3m trip. Nice to see another returning horse win. Quite a few ran well and look to be getting close, 9 others finished in the money, so will hope for a good NH week soon.

Much better on the flat although they were mostly down market thrift store events and I benefited from some easy races and small fields. Groovin opened his account on day 1 and may go to the Ebor, St Leger looks too high given a form line through Cow A Zakki.

Tusk made it two on the spin with an easy win in a race he was lucky to get into but you can't ask more than to give weight and a beating all round. Obviously will have to go up in class now.

Surprising treble on Day 3 including my first black type win on the flat although it was only a 0-90 flagged as listed I guess it still counts. The G races are still a million miles away for players like me so it is probably as good as I can hope for. The Bird Has Flown obviously benefited from the extra half furlong and the weight received from Jim's horse. He would not have won were it a conditions race. Still pleasing though as this one is one who was earmarked to be back next season.

Book of Taliesyn won a soft looking race quite easily, another who may be back next season. Will be looking to step up in class over 9 or 10f now.

Finally Rennaissance Faire took the last right on the line with a gutsy performance. Again I don't think it was then strongest of races but they all count. Lucky win really as she only survived the mid season retirement in a race off. Three more finished in the money so all in all a good week although I am still behind schedule on the 3 wins a week target. That's 21 for the season now with surprisingly 14 of them on the level and only 7 over jumps.

Big thanks to Doug and Stu for keeping me interested.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

All good Martin :-)

Yeah I didn't realise that Listed race was 0-90, otherwise I would have had a crack with something.

How I do my noms is to write down all the hcp races and ignore all the Group races and Listed as I figure my horses have no hope in them.
Then I highlight the lowest rated races and enter them first and then I work my way up the ratings. The highest I go is 0-110 and even then I look which trainers are involved before I enter my horse. So yeah, I would have glanced through and seen Listed and ignored it.

Just one other note while I think of it - that race we had of 31 runners - we should have a think about it as to if it's possible to split the field in half and have two heats of the same race? As soon as the field went around the first bend, for 50% of the field, the race was over. I know there will always be hard luck stories from wide draws but 15 hard luck stories is a little too much.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 120  Next