View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Nothing remarkable to note from this stable. A couple of nice minor Group 1 checks from Dubai helped put me high on the money list for the first week.

Congrats to new trainer Manuel Villagran on his fifth in the World Cup. It was his only check but if you want a minor check the World Cup is the race you want it in. A cool 133k.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:45 am
Group 1 winner

Drew a blank in both codes today

Congrats to the winners & placers
Thanks to the team for your time
great comms as always

Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:02 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Hi Sirius,

Hope you are well.

I was hoping you could do something for me.

Can you please send me an email at scatters dot com dot au?

Cheers mate

John

Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:06 am
Group 1 winner

Hey. I tried the email with .'s but it's invalid. What's up?

Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:11 am
Group 1 winner

send here

Edit - My email address was never here. You never saw it. :wink:

Last edited by SiriusChill on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:16 am
Group 1 winner

Had a good week for me as I saw more potential in some horses than ever before.

My only winner in the Winter Derby G3 Puppet Master although it was light of elites trainers (all bar Josh) the field was competitive for my stable.

The rest muddled around mid pack, but Speedy McDeeby (5th) looks a sharp sprinting 2yo and on times and distance was as good as the winner, drawn with the bookies on the rails, so I am hopeful of this one winning somewhere along the line.

A little improvement must of happened only got four horses on the flat rated under 80, which is rare for me.

The Hunt, well, all bar one stayed on its feet and one Peace Passion Compassion was just pipped off winning a 2.4 maiden with a strong field to boot.

Onward we go....

Thanks to all Race runners, comms, the G-man and handicappers.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:35 am
Handicapper

Very pleased with the first week, 3 wins in Maiden races in the NH is fantastic!
No win at the flat but a big 2nd in the first G3 race on day 1 and a 4th in the Dubai World Cup are like wins for my stable and hopefully show that I'm now competitive at highest level at the flat too, next weeks will show.
No Women No Cry ran a brave race from the front in the Godolphin Mile to be catched on the last meters, looking forward to his next races too, maybe he will get the win next time on more favoured ground.

Fantastic work from the league team like always!
Congrats to all winners, see u next week!

Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:46 am
Group 3 winner

OK week for me. I cant compete with the big boys, so a 4 and a 5 Place on the flat and a 3,4 and 5 over the sticks is good I think.

I also have got my first ever horse on the flat rated above 100. Thats a big thing for me. Now roll on those 0-70 handicaps :D

Thanks to the team and the comms. Great work as always.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:20 am
Handicapper

Was great to finally get off the mark on Day 3 with some good runs and winners. Thanks to all the team running the league its appreciated
Lets see what next week brings :)

Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:35 am
Group 2 winner

FLAT

One winner today, Bronze Road Boy in the G2 Godolphin Mile. I never bred or trialled any horses over dirt so am very pleased at how he went.

He is the only grey horse in my team all the others are black. His breeding only came about because I had some idle time after I had uploaded the rest of the team and I thought, lets try to breed some grey horses. Found an average gamebred grey stallion and just kept breeding his grey offspring until Bronze Road Boy was produced.

JUMPS

No winners over the sticks today, 6 placers, so overall, a decent day.

Great commentary again boys

Congrats to all winners and placers.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 pm
Group 2 winner

The week kept getting better.

Jumps
I finally bettered 8th although it was bittersweet. I had a 3rd and a 4th however the horse that finished 3rd has been retired as he was also uploaded into my flat team, where typically he ran terribly. Roll on the hunter chases, the vast majority of my stable are qualified.

Flat
King Bollin was an excellent 2nd in the Godolphin mile attempting to follow up last years success. He will find it tough from now on as although he is group class a sharp turning mile such as Dubai suits him best.
Miss Bollin surprised me by making all in the 1m6f maiden, hopefully she was not flattered but I expect she was.
My only other returning horse, Lucky Queen, ran 2nd in the 5f maiden. To be honest, the winner apart, I don't think it was a great race and I have probably blown an absolute corker of a handicap mark (it was 75) :(.
2 wins, 2 seconds, 2 fourths and 2 fifths is way in advance of anything I have ever achieved in week one before. My horses have improved a bit but I think the main reason is moving Dubai to week 1 which has given us mere mortals a chance to be competitive in some of the maidens.
Congrats to all the winners.
Darren

Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:18 pm
Group 1 winner

Pommard wrote:
The week kept getting better.

Jumps
I finally bettered 8th although it was bittersweet. I had a 3rd and a 4th however the horse that finished 3rd has been retired as he was also uploaded into my flat team, where typically he ran terribly. Roll on the hunter chases, the vast majority of my stable are qualified.

Flat
King Bollin was an excellent 2nd in the Godolphin mile attempting to follow up last years success. He will find it tough from now on as although he is group class a sharp turning mile such as Dubai suits him best.
Miss Bollin surprised me by making all in the 1m6f maiden, hopefully she was not flattered but I expect she was.
My only other returning horse, Lucky Queen, ran 2nd in the 5f maiden. To be honest, the winner apart, I don't think it was a great race and I have probably blown an absolute corker of a handicap mark (it was 75) :(.
2 wins, 2 seconds, 2 fourths and 2 fifths is way in advance of anything I have ever achieved in week one before. My horses have improved a bit but I think the main reason is moving Dubai to week 1 which has given us mere mortals a chance to be competitive in some of the maidens.
Congrats to all the winners.
Darren

I think you are on the improve and week one will not be the only week where possibilities open up. Some good top line Aussie mile races next week and tracks like Moonee Valley and Caulfield will suit King billin.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:30 pm
Group 1 winner

Actually quite like the way the schedule has been constructed, you simply cannot cover all them g1’s least I cannot so it should work as intended and open them up for others. The only potential issue will be if the top boys start to duck each other and spread out.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:38 pm
Group 1 winner

What a week, likely my best period in the league let alone in the week one maiden madness. 14 total wins, 7 per code, not sure what to do now, never had so many highly rated horses..........

Flat

Randolph Scott - 2nd - Denied his moment of glory by the fast finishing 'Digial Prince' but great run in a G1 for me, first time my sprinters have ever measured up.

Hippogriff - 1st - G1 winner from a horse I was less than convinced would be good enough, remains to be seen if both me and comms team are wrong, delighted to chalk one up so early in the season.

Deadly Drop Bear - 5th - Never been overly impressed by him, but has been known to put in the odd monster trial performance, this however was not one.

Fusion - 3rd - Good enough opening run, will see how he fares over 2m next week

Colour of Money - 2nd - Did it all right so not really a disappointment, know she caps out at 1.4m, and the final 1f was her undoing today. Still Oaks bound

Fine on Paper - 6th - My 5f experiment thus far looks foolhardy. Not much to like in todays run.

Werewolf of London - 3rd - Not a good ride, was nicely positioned, before the jock let him drift to last and then challenge again at which point it was all too late. Will improve if the wee man gets it right.

Cometh the Beast - 1st - Did it perfectly, very happy with her today.

Wish I was in Dixie - 6th - Too much to do, but little to split the top 6.

Jump

Pursuit of Magic - 1st - Did really well, dispite the poor jump at the last. Always a mark of quality to out stay one of John's monsters.

Eights A Mystery - Pulled Up - FU racekit

Kingdom of Purgatory - 1st - Always fancied him for this, in what I respectively thought maybe a weak field. Did the job on the day, dispite a late blunder.

Sky High - 4th - Good opening run, should improve on that with better ground

Kingdom of Nuts - 4th - Another with a decent opening showing. 'Sir Ken' looks like a handful best tackled by my no1 4yo going forward.

Unto the Breach - 3rd - More place money and another whose opening run shows promise.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:58 pm
Group 1 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
send here

dakbow0 at gmail.com

Thanks sent :)

Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 120  Next