View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Handicapper

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
All i can say is God Made Me :)

I'm so happy to get a win on the jumps on the last day of the season after my only other win was on the flat on the first day....this final week has been one my best so it has topped a great 13 weeks entertainment, even though i sat out of a few weeks i still enjoyed watching you others.

Thank you to the whole team involved, such a wonderful bunch of lads, we are extremely grateful for all the effort you put into this to make it the most exciting and engrossing game on the net.

Well done to all winners over the season.

Now it's time to knuckle down and train some more front runners and add some stamina to them.....watch out next season ;)

Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:25 am
Group 1 winner

Jesterlaugh wrote:
All i can say is God Made Me :)

I'm so happy to get a win on the jumps on the last day of the season after my only other win was on the flat on the first day....this final week has been one my best so it has topped a great 13 weeks entertainment, even though i sat out of a few weeks i still enjoyed watching you others.

Thank you to the whole team involved, such a wonderful bunch of lads, we are extremely grateful for all the effort you put into this to make it the most exciting and engrossing game on the net.

Well done to all winners over the season.

Now it's time to knuckle down and train some more front runners and add some stamina to them.....watch out next season ;)

Well done Charlie - I've known for a couple of days about your winner and have been waiting for you to see it :) I've competed in 3 full seasons on the hunt and haven't cracked a winner yet. Hopefully you have God Made Me in the breeding barn and you can kick on from here :)

Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:51 am
Group 1 winner

My season in review.
NH - I say I broke even from last season. Last season I had more horses in the minor money and made more money than this season but I had two seconds this season compared to one 2nd last season, so not bad considering I only run cast offs from the flat. Hopefully I'll crack a win next season.

Flat - My best season by a mile! Well and truly made up for the disappointment of last season! Six individual winners for eight wins all up and finished top five 64 times this season.
Good to see and know I am on the right track for next season!

Prediction for next season on the flat.
I think it's going to be really competitive at the top for G1 wins as I believe there is a glass ceiling for the top trainers in improvements made compared to the group of trainers that are just under top standard. I think there will be a bit of a bottle neck next season in the Division of trainers who will be aiming at 110 to Listed grade races - I don't think class/rating will be enough....it will come down to barrier draw and running during the race. 70 to 100 rated races - I think there will be plenty of chances for new and experienced trainers to share the wins around in this division.

Back to the breeding barn!

A big THANKS to Gray and Leon for the hard yards put in this season - you two old mates are the tick tock of the league without a doubt!
A nod to all the race runners for giving up their time and taking one for the team every time their loved one/s gave that sideways evil glare :)
Thanks for Stu for jumping on board with the comms - that has taken a lot off Martin's shoulders and freed him up a little to enjoy more of the league.
Without doubt next season will be the most successful ever and I am looking forward to it :)

Doug

Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:24 am
Group 1 winner

The season ended with a huge bang for me with 9 winners on the
final day I will be doing my season review this afternoon.

Lets Dance
Kept for the Melbourne Cup and hit the bullseye her 3rd win and her
maiden G1 success

Dougs Fuzzy Screen
This one is all for you Doug so thrilled he won the race we aimed him at
all along Ends his career with 6 starts 5 wins and 4 g1 wins.

Atomic Bomb
Not sure what John's horse did wrong feel very lucky to have won the Golden
Slipper this was her 2nd g1 win she also won the Prix Morney

Ice Cold Fusion
She wins her 3rd G1 of the season and finishes with 5 wins to her name after
winning the Tsogo Sun Sprint.

Dame Helen Mirren
She wins her 5th G1 of the season she has been the stable star throughout the
whole season.

Kim Marsh
Wow now i did not see that coming she has been my older miler her target was
the Queen Anne Stakes and she ends up winning the Peagsus World Cup. This was her
first g1 win of the season.

Chronicle
Breaks her maiden tag at last.

Qwayzarr Ii
Another who breaks their maiden tag on the final week meaning i finish up with
25 of my 30 team squad winning races im chuffed with that.

Showcase The Merchandise
Finishes the season as the champion bumper horse with 5 wins to his name.

Congratulations to all the winners and placers
thanks so much to the whole team this season
has just been a pleasure to be part of

Fab Comms as always thanks lads

See you all next term

Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:18 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Yeah that DQ was an upset!

Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:01 am
Selling plater

So the end of the season where I finish with the wooden spoon, 12 of my horses finished with ratings of 50 :lol: . Despite that really enjoyed the season, picked up a little bit of prize money. Much improvement needed for next season but I can't get any worse. :lol: . Want to thank everyone who makes the league happen, really great community and been a pleasure to be a part of it. Congrats to all the winners this year, looking forward to next year, see you all then :)

Jamie

Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:42 am
Group 3 winner

Ended my debut season with 14 wins. Maggie Mini added one in the hunt on the last day, and that was two wins for her. I am delighted. Some of the horses I entered I didn't breed especially for the league, just for my game, so I am happy to see that they actually could pick up wins. Some other horses I have bred with league in mind and Maggie Mini was one of them.

I will try to work harder with breeding and trialling now i know more of what is expected. But I have a feeling that next season will be harder. Even so, I have immensely enjoyed the experience, always looked forward to the streams, and really enjoyed being part of this community.

Big thanks to the race runners and commentators and everyone doing their part to keep the league going. And congrats to Paul for winning the DCC.

Good luck with your breeding everyone and I am crossing fingers that we can have one norwegian race next season. :D

Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:42 am
Group 2 winner

Good end to a fine opening season for me. A few close calls on the flat picking up some decent prize money but no wins. After disappointing most of the season my NH team roared into life over the final few weeks and gave me three winners on the final Day.

Dandelion got her second dead heat win (one still not showing in TOM) of the season despite a slow jump at the last. She was put in as a hurdler, did nothing, transferring to chasing and she was competitive with the two wins.

Great thrill to win a race over the Grand National fences in the SO6 Chase Final. Even better to get a 1-2. Maid In Europe surprising me a little sticking on the way she did. Dancing Days who was second is a far better horse but hates GN fences, at halfway I was expecting him to be pulled up. Over the Mildmay course he would have won in a canter I think.

Third winner of the week was the enigmatic Melancholy Way. Quite honestly the only horse I thought would give me a win all season and she has been useless. Falling, pulling up, running wide. A double Gold Cup winner and triple King George winner in my game she won every trial from 2m 4f upwards on all going and has really had me baffled. I have even been trying to get her into a hurdle race but there haven't been any due to the G1 rule. Finaly she got it together and won the Summer Plate easily. Now I have the quandary of do I bring her back !

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:45 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

And congrats with Rookie of the year, Martin. Well deserved.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:58 pm
Handicapper

Well managed to get a NH winner on the last day of the season with Karate, he won well and seem to have a bit in hand, thinking of bringing him back next season even tho he will be 9, as i rate him.

No more flat winners, managed 2 all season will 2 old stayers in Deveze and Ekhere, hopefully will have some better horses for next season and can improve, feel as if i have learned a lot this season anyway, also messed up a few horses with uploading with the wrong tactics or none.

Greatly enjoyed my first season and look forward to Season 4 in November.

Well done to all the trainers for a fantastic season.

Alex Cherrie

Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:28 pm
Group 2 winner

Stoke Lacy on the 3m5 Moores Final! Definitely the biggest jumps win I've ever had in terms of prize money!

Tribago also picked up a handicap hurdle to leave 1 away from my best NH tally.

Only 3 wins on the flat but with my current time constraints I had to concentrate on only one code.

Massive congratulations to all involved in the running of smoothest league season so far!

Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:15 pm
Group 1 winner

Its great to see so many newbies start and even better for them to finish, I hope u all enjoyed it and I hope u comeback for next season.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:13 pm
Group 1 winner

hopkins1994 wrote:
So the end of the season where I finish with the wooden spoon, 12 of my horses finished with ratings of 50 :lol: . Despite that really enjoyed the season, picked up a little bit of prize money. Much improvement needed for next season but I can't get any worse. :lol: . Want to thank everyone who makes the league happen, really great community and been a pleasure to be a part of it. Congrats to all the winners this year, looking forward to next year, see you all then :)

Jamie

Glad you stuck at it :-)
I know that feeling in your first season and the first week of races and your horses that are great in your game either run last or near last - it's like a kick in the guts.
Rest assured your next season will be better and so on :-)
If you haven't read this post yet, it has some handy info on moving forward in the league - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16548
Good luck with your breeding and I hope to call home one of your horses as a barnstorming winner next season :-)

Doug

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:14 am
Group 1 winner

cherzo2015 wrote:
Well managed to get a NH winner on the last day of the season with Karate, he won well and seem to have a bit in hand, thinking of bringing him back next season even tho he will be 9, as i rate him.

No more flat winners, managed 2 all season will 2 old stayers in Deveze and Ekhere, hopefully will have some better horses for next season and can improve, feel as if i have learned a lot this season anyway, also messed up a few horses with uploading with the wrong tactics or none.

Greatly enjoyed my first season and look forward to Season 4 in November.

Well done to all the trainers for a fantastic season.

Alex Cherrie

Well done Alex :-)
Don't be worried by tactics, I think you'll find Paul Rhodes sends all his horses into the game without tactics/instructions.
Maybe you have read Josh's post on being in the league but if not here is the link, well worth a Bo Peep :-) viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16548

Doug

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:19 am
Group 1 winner

yes Doug i export without jockey instructions

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:54 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 120  Next