View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
A winner in each code and an assassinated jockey

Compromise
at last won a big one taking the Doncaster Cup G2

Batton Rouge
thrown in to the supreme at the last second and thank god I did put him in
a festival winner in the bag so happy days

Congrats the winners and placers
thanks to the team
great comms as usual and great to have the shows back

Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:29 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

A good day with 3 winners on the flat and one winner over fences.

Flat

Quillers Pride Girl has been running in Group races where she wasn't quite good enough, but found her level in this 5f sprint handicap.

Calm Jester was a surprise winner winner in the 2yo fillies mile. She has had a few minor places but I wasn't expecting a win in the kind of field she was up against. Very pleased with this win.

Silver Jeaster won the 2yo colts mile. That's 3 wins from 4 starts for him. He was a week 6 upload and I thought he was a better dirt horse because he was uploaded for the Breeders Cup at the end of the season.

Jumps

Summer Vale Girl won the 2m 5f G1 Novices Hurdle in a very tightly run race with Leons horse and a fast finishing Derek Hinton horse.

It is great to have a winner, but Cheltenham was a big diappointment overall. I had quite a few horses running that I fancied to do well but most of my horses were poor. I suspect it was partly down to the firm going as all my jumpers like soft going.

Congtrats to all the winners and placers.

It was a good thing for the league that so many different trainers got in the winners circle at Cheltenham, ( although I was secretly hoping more of mine were in the circle, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ).

Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:40 pm
Group 1 winner

A woeful week on the flat but 3 more festival winners came on day 2
including 2 first time winners.

Sir Alexander Graham Bell
Bought in during the window with one target in mind the Cheltenham
Champion Bumper a race i love and he did it and won very impressively
buzzing after that win.

Bull Winkle
at last broke her maiden in the County Hurdle she stayed on strongly.

Fire Up The Band
another to break her maiden when winning the Trull House Stud Mares
Novice Hurdle G2 thats now 24 individual winners in national hunt this
season from 35 runners and 52 individual winners from 65 runners over all

4 festival winners so far way beyond my expectations.

Congrats the winners and placers
thanks to the team
great comms as usual and great to have the shows back

DID WE FIND STU?

Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:00 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Fantastic day for me at the festival, 5 winners in all with 4 G1’s, best day I have had on the jumps by far. Started with ‘In Nomine Padre’ who battled gamely to dead heat in the golden miller with the impressive In Cahoots. Law of Consequence just managed to out stay the fast finishing Oaks Day for the Ryanair, making up for her second in this race last season. Hexbag was perhaps somewhat fortunate in the world hurdle with odette crashing out at the last but still put in a fine effort. And perhaps the best run of all came from ‘In Estate of Madness’ who carried top weight round to win the Browns Handicap. The day finished with and 1st and 2nd in the Alfred Bartlett from ‘Eights A Mystery’ and ‘Spartan Law’ both of whom ran excellent races.

A nil return on the flat, but frankly I don’t really care :)

Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:49 am
Group 1 winner

Boooom... :D

Amazing win in the Kim Muir by "Napoleon Gray" hit the last two fences down by 4-5 lengths at the furlong and stormed to the win with maybe a little help from the jockey on Jamie Hopkins horse (sorry).

Glad to get my 3rd win at Cheltenham and this time on ground that suited all :wink:

Highly disappointed with "Dansili Red" coming 3rd in the Pertemps but gave more than a stone away to the 1st & 2nd & was only a length behind.

Well done to Josh & Paul with a good day all round and another winner for Moilets with his second for the festival and Sirius with his first.

Big shout to all who take part and only 5 left at Cheltenham today.... maybe I could sneak another :lol:

Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:41 am
Group 1 winner

fantastic start to the week while most of the boys were at cheltenham i took a trip to france for the Arc where i managed to pick up 3out of the 4 G1s added to the 1 i got yesterday heres how it went

R3-Laylines 1st Earned his 3rd G1 of the season, again beating the younger horses which was something i didnt think was possible he might return next season

R21-Jillyjoy 1st followed up her nunthorpe success again on heavy which makes me think shes a 5 1/2f horse

R23-Lady bex 1st only her 4th run probably wouldnt have run if it wasmt for the 2 horse option beat a really good field

R24-Twisted logic 1st hes been a superstar 2 derbys a king george and now an arc hes won from the front hes come from behind always runs a race

this season has been a real surprise i didnt think i would be competetive in the G1s and yes i have a few duds but the stable as a whole has been really solid

honorable mentions to stu and josh (who i tipped)for their cheltenham successes

congrats all runners

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:09 pm
Group 3 winner

One winner on the flat, Keegan Of The North with a great finish. Finally he succeded. He needed that extra furlong.

It is a great Cheltenham week. I love to follow the show and the races. But no success for me. It is agonizing when your faint few hopes cant manage to get over those sticks.
But that is the beauty with the Hunt, though I find it very frustrating. :D

Oh well. Roll on last day of Cheltenham and fallers and pull-ups :lol:

Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:49 pm
Group 1 winner

Some small prizemoney over the three days for me with my best result being Mr Sandtail who ran third in the Somerset Grand national.
I am actually quite happy with that result.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:43 am
Group 3 winner

Howdy

Added my second career win in the Anglesey Handicap so that was this weeks highlight! :D

Because this weeks draw didn't offer much for me i decided to hit the Group races to see how much i needed to do for next season.
That resulted in a handful of 5th and 7th places.

Congrats to all the winners and runners.
Special thanks to the League team that make the magic happen.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:00 am
Group 1 winner

Has to be the worst week on the flat I have had in the last 5 seasons
A winner on the final day of Cheltenham and what a winner

Fort Lauderdale
What a beast 5 races since he came into the league and has won 3 Grade ones King George Irish Gold Cup
& a 5+ Length winner of the Cheltenham gold cup what a horse one of the best i have ever trained he really
looked well beat but took off late on Aintree next for him.

Attention now turns to the Grand National and now with The Long Goodbye running off 158 this has given
Coffee De London (144) a genuine chance of winning it.

Congratulations the winners and placers
thanks to the team + Great comms as usual
Loved the shows been back

Stu Congrats you had some week enjoy it mate you killed it

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:11 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Dear god I had one of the worst weeks on the flat ever. One lousy third. I almost clean sweeped on gooseggs in the form for the rest of my horses.

Two more wins on the jumps side. :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll remind you again I didn't play any jumps games between seasons and I scraped together my team from flat castoffs in three hours the night before the upload deadline at the beginning of the year. I'm almost in the top ten in wins in the trainers table.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:21 am
Group 1 winner

The Kiss of Stu is dead people

His words "im going with Fort Lauderdale and i think he will win by a country mile"

BREAKING NEWS - Fort Lauderdale to be kept in training next season and will attempt
to defend the gold cup as a 6 year old

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:22 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

The stable continued the good work into day 3 picking up my 4th Cheltenham win with "Billiard" in the hunter and striking on the flat with long time placer "Brunhielda"

6 wins in a week, unheard of! :lol:

Thanks for all the kind words from everyone too and yes I'll stop moaning until next week, when I am sure service will be resumed and my stables favoured place positions will return (2nd 3rd etc) and I will begin again :wink:

Great work from the team as usual but the Race Runners especially this week :lol:

Well done to all who took part and for those down with me at the bottom end of the tier, it can happen :D so just keep plugging away, moan a bit and keep at it.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:40 am
Group 1 winner

Good last day for me with two G1 wins on the flat from ‘Wish I Was In Dixie’ and the hard staying ‘New Jack City’.

Slightly sour final day over the jumps with 4 horses finishing second, good runs from my chaps in the gold cup, a race that for the third season in a row I have had to endure 2nd place. Fourth time lucky maybe. But great Cheltenham all round.

Congrats paul on the gold cup and further congrats to all other winners and placers.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:15 am
Group 1 winner

Quote:
BREAKING NEWS - Fort Lauderdale to be kept in training next season and will attempt
to defend the gold cup as a 6 year old

That is great news :-)

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 120  Next