View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction

1 winner on the flat and 2 winners over the sticks

Press Conference - Ran a shocker at Dubai last week but bounced back to
break her maiden tag hopefully onto group company next.

Batton Rouge - Won a novice chase impressivly in week one and was equally
impressive this week on debut in bumpers this week fast becoming the stable
star and we are looking forward to meeting Irish Connection.

Story Teller
- solid debut last week and got off the mark this week a smart 2m4
novice chaser.

Congratulations to the winners and placers
huge thanks to the team
Great comms as always and wow so good to have the preview/review shows back
they are so so good.

P.S WEEK 2 already we have 17 flat trainers with winners and 14 National Hunt trainers
with winners I think that is fantastic.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:09 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Wonderful day for Heyerdahl stables. Our first win with Spark Park and we are over the moon.

Motorhead did a great race and finished second, but did benefit by the heavy ground. He is now my highest rated horse ever with 108. A new milestone for the stable.

A third place for Aldgate Bay and two honourable fourth places by Indy Go Girl and The Handmaid sums up the day on the flat.

Still struggling over the sticks, but two OK 6th was the tally, and Eleventh Place finished eleventh. That was amusing. :lol:

Thanks to the team and the comms. Great as always. Well done all winners and placers and fellow strugglers out there. We will not give up :D

Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:07 am
Group 1 winner

day 2 brought about 3 winners 2 seconds a fourth and a fifth

R14-1st Raise the bar ran over 7f done it well bigger test next week

R16-Revolution 5th ran over 5f needs 6 min came up against johns unstoppable 2yos

R18-Bearing gifts 2nd only found pjs too good but did beat the dubai 2nd home good run

R19-One eyed willie 1st as so eloquently put by the comms "willies too much to handle"said it all

R20-tall order 2nd over 7f strange game this as its a 1m4f horse that runs better over a mile real headscratcher

R22-correlation 4th well and truly put in his place by another zapper 2yo

R23-Triple threat 1st probably my most pleasing win as it was over 2m only ever had 1 other 2m horse ever in all the prev leagues

so that makes 5 winners for the week but from here in it gets harder so ill take whatever i can get

many thanks to all involved and congrats all runners

Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:54 am
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
day 2 brought about 3 winners 2 seconds a fourth and a fifth

R14-1st Raise the bar ran over 7f done it well bigger test next week

R16-Revolution 5th ran over 5f needs 6 min came up against johns unstoppable 2yos

R18-Bearing gifts 2nd only found pjs too good but did beat the dubai 2nd home good run

R19-One eyed willie 1st as so eloquently put by the comms "willies too much to handle"said it all

R20-tall order 2nd over 7f strange game this as its a 1m4f horse that runs better over a mile real headscratcher

R22-correlation 4th well and truly put in his place by another zapper 2yo

R23-Triple threat 1st probably my most pleasing win as it was over 2m only ever had 1 other 2m horse ever in all the prev leagues

so that makes 5 winners for the week but from here in it gets harder so ill take whatever i can get

many thanks to all involved and congrats all runners

The old master is back

Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

far too kind Mr Rhodes think im off the pace for G1s maybe next season

Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:24 pm
Group 1 winner

One win this week so far things are looking bleak but well done to my Favourite horse Hunter And The Hunted hopefully can win again in nursery company and here is the song he's named after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtW1sFR8i6U

Gray

Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

After literally dodging a bullet and making it no further than Hong Kong for my Honeymoon in Bali, bloody volcano's............have had a chance to catch up and thought I'd sneak in a quick review before jetting off to Paris.

Day 1

Flat

Run you Down - 3rd - What a finish, will be a hotly contested division this year I think, cannot fault her overall display against some top class opponents.

The Beasts Arrived - 3rd - His customary late charge was left a little too late today against good class horses from Morgan and Rhodes, but happy enough with overall consistency he has been showing.

American Road Trip - 5th - Not a bad race, but likely suggests he is outclassed in this division and may now duck the 2000 and head to Randwick instead.

Shade - 8th - Struggled and has now been exposed twice, 1.4m breeding improvement project is now in rushed progress for the import window, whole division needs some help.

Touch of Class - 6th - Largely outpaced today, not sure where he will go next.

Jump

Ever Seen the Rain - 4th - Just getting her chase mark today, so not disappointed with the result, the worst of my 2m horses now has options in the handicaps

Shesa Animal - 2nd - Strong finish again from this Girl, will continue to challenge at the top of the 2m chase division.

Kingdom of Ireland - Fell - Heavy Fall on the hurdles at speed, though was not looking like she was going to challenge the top two, need to find a new 2.4m hurdle filly in week five.

In Estate of Shock - 4th - Left herself a lot too do, and could not make ground on the top 3, will look to the handicaps from here

Kingdom of Nuts - 5th - Could not contend with the top tier today, but not disgraced by any stretch today.

In Estate of Madness - 1st - Was largely forced to take this on from the outset, which is not his typical style, but setting his own pace did not seem to hinder my top 2.4m chaser. Would not let himself be headed and I am delighted with this following his fall last week.

Fallen Shamrock - 12th - Did not show up today and will look to the handicaps from here to see if a little form can be found.

Hexbag - 1st - Wow, what a turn of foot from her, went through the gears at 3f before turning on the jets 2f from home. Delighted and really throwing down the gauntlet for the World Hurdle, she also likes Cheltenham.

Snowstorm - 7th - Well he avoided the pull up curse, but struggled to find a run and seemed to lose pace as a result, likely also has a fair bit to find in this class.

Fatal Moonshine - 4th - Ran on well at the finish but had given away too much ground, still think he has more to offer.

The Irish Connection - 3rd - Never allowed to run her own race with 'Watson Avenue Girl' setting the pace and she need to do that job herself, but got round well will head G1 next week before maybe looking back to the NHF.

Eagle Has Landed - 3rd - Got his re-match with 'Imperial Vale Boy' and was found wanting without the poor jumping of last week. Still a solid performance though and will likely get a 3rd go in this class.

Josh

Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:44 pm
Group 1 winner

Day 2

Flat

Fine on Paper - 1st - Figured she would be good value for this level handicap at 12/1, not sure the handicapper will be so generous from here.

The Mountain - 4th - Better showing than last week, but not going to scare anyone in the group1 class, looking for lower graded and a handicap mark to work with from here.

Randolph Scott - 3rd - Never really got going but 'Press Conference', receiving weight, was way too good today.

Rainbow - 2nd - Restored a little faith with a good performance today, may survive to the St Ledger but I have some interesting 1.6m horses in breeding now, whilst trying to improve my 1.4m class for the week 5 window.

The She Beast - 6th - Decent enough debute with little to choose between the top 6 or 7 horses. Should improve on this.

Fusion - 12th - Real disappointment this one, had really rated him at 2m and I cannot complain about the way he ran either. May need to stick at 1.6m and could show that my 2m horses need a little attention also.

Jump

Snail Pace - Pulled Up - Just looking for his his 4m national qualification (the only reason he was here). Likes to back run, but can stay 4m will always flirt with a pull up.

In Nomine Padre - 8th - Not expected to have hurdle pace

Spartan Law - Fell - Jumped a little early and made a right mess. Not a very good set of opening races, needs to find a 3m hurdle.

Law of Consequence - 3rd - First run of the year for this returning horse, not overly disappointed against some good horses, will still be looking forward to the Ryanair

Ground Pounder - 4th - Getting a chase mark and did it well against what I think are some of the top 3m chasers this year on early evidence, no form to speak of in the CK, so thats the race kit for you. But will look back to 3m hurdles, where he offers a real challenge to yesterday impressive G2 winner 'Hexbag'

Kingdom of Beasts - 6th - Little disappointed with him today, may need to take another look at my 2m novice hurdlers.

Messy Conclusion - 3rd - Good run today after getting the pull up curse last week. Happy enough with this for a horse I rate quite highly.

Unto the Breach - 6th - May have done a little better if the jockey had not eased her down. But always the weaker of my 2m chasers and will look for value in the handicaps

Least I now have a little more intel for next weeks entries, which I think need to be re-done.

Josh

Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:17 pm
Group 1 winner

John my team has caught that terrible jumping disease your lot had last week :lol:
5 runners so far this week time for me to get that jumping coach in whats his name
yogi bear or somethin

Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:36 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Flat

Not much to talk about. All horses finsished midfield.

Jumps

No winners today, but 4 x 2nd, 2 x 3rd and 3 x 4th places so not too bad

Hoping for more luck on Wednesday

Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:01 pm
Group 1 winner

Another poor week to start the season for me. The only bright spot being my highly thought of sprinter Elusive getting third in a listed race. Some lowly minor checks too.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:16 am
Group 1 winner

I neglected to mention that I notched a win on the jumps side with Flower Road so the week wasn't a total loss. My jumpers continue to beat half the field mostly. I played very little jumps game this off season. These are all flat runners which I trialed at Cheltenham. They are doing better than my previous jumps team so far.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:42 am
Group 1 winner

A Bumper night for both teams 3 G1s in Australia on the flat and 3 jumps winners
including my first graded winner of the season

Karla
Cracking run in the AL Qonz on week one maybe a little unlucky bounced back
this week to win the Black Caviar Lightening Stakes and honour to win the race
named after the great mare and hopefully Karla can also become a great mare too.

Youre So Thrilling
Pulled up in week one but wow how good was she she powered clear in the Queen
of the turf. She has more than earned her place in the 1000 Guineas next week very
hopeful.

Shiver Me Timbers
3rd in maiden company in week 1 and just got up to win in G1 company in the Queen
Elizabeth stakes. All guns now blazing towards the Prix Du Jockey Club.

Bojan
My number 3 2m4 chaser who bombed last week over hurdles as I could not fit him in
over fences so was this was a lovely debut over the fences did not expect
him to scoot up by 4 lengths. hopefully a grade class horse.

War Goddess
Solid 5th on debut last week and what a gutsy performance this week to win the Lisa Maria
Jones Mares she made every yard of the running and was never headed. I doubt she is stayers
hurdle material but you never know.

Detection
My first Graded winner of the season who Unseated rider in week one so was probably
well handicapped in in the Sportingbet Haldon Gold Cup H'Cap Chase. He hit lucky
John's jockey gave up in the final few strides to gift him the victory.

A bit off topic but my next winner in the League will be my 500th career league win

Congratulations to the winners and placers
great to see some of the old boys back in the flat
especially my old mucker Steve nice start mate see you at HQ
Next week no doubt you will be very tough to beat.

Huhe thanks to the team especially Gray
Great comms as always errrr but Stu the tip accent needs work
even though i was impressed with it TBH :lol:
Preview/Review shows are fab as ever. Love them

Best of luck to everyone next week.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:14 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

First time I've bagged a winner in week two - even if I had to wait until the very last race on the flat.
Also had a close up 4th in a G3 jumps race which is the closest I've ever come in a black type race.
So I am happy about that.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:39 am
Group 1 winner

:(

Absolute disaster of a week, nothing better than a 5th in each code...

Well done to all winners & the team...

PJ, accents never really my thing :wink:

Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 120  Next