View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Last day of week two was meager. A second place for Scalibur was the only thing to shout about. Anyway. Nice to have the league back. I will continue my struggles :lol:

Well done to all participants. Looking froward to week three.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:58 am
Group 2 winner

Flat

Avery good day on the flat with 3 winners, 1 x 2nd, 2x 3rd and 1 x 5th

Pepper Lane Girl won a 0 - 90 8f handicap for 2yo. My 2yo horses have been poor so far and this win was a pleasant surprise.

Fingals Road Boy won a 1m 1f maden for 2yo. This race was a furlong more than his best distance of one mile, so was pleased he managed to stay the distance. Another good run by a 2yo. maybe my 2yo horses are not quite as poor as I thought.

Ancient Rock Boy won the 1m 2f Australia Cup G1 race. I don't know where he got that final turn of foot from, he ran the last 2 furlongs like he was a sprinter. I am very pleased to have won my first G1 of the season.

My flat team has done better than I expected in the first 2 weeks with 9 x 1st places. Apart from sprinters and milers, most of my flat horses are jumps casteoffs, so very pleased at how they went.

Jumps

No winners today over fences but several nice placers.

The first 2 weeks of the jumps season has been a great start to the season with 7 x 1st and 14 x 2nd places. Very consistant performances from my horses.

Well done to those winners and placers.
Great comms as always. The league wouldn't be the same without these comms.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:19 am
Group 2 winner

NPG319 wrote:
First time I've bagged a winner in week two - even if I had to wait until the very last race on the flat.
Also had a close up 4th in a G3 jumps race which is the closest I've ever come in a black type race.
So I am happy about that.

Well done Doug.

The commentators championship is hotting up with yourself, Martin and Stu all bagging winners in the first 2 weeks.

Martin is out in front at the moment, but you are all off to a good start.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:28 am
Group 1 winner

Day 3

Flat

John Wayne - 6th - Not expected to challenge here, needs 6f, so decent enough effort.

Hippogriff - 5th - Exposed for pace here today, but solid effort against top competition.

Burn Hollywood Burn - 8th - Poor run but within expectation, did not think she had the class for this, will still go for the 1000's but connections are not overly confident.

Werewolf of London - 1st - Second G1 for the season and I am delighted with it, not entirely sure you can call it a lucky win but certainly aided by a bad ride on the Rhodes horse 'Ivanica Trump'.

Tarasque - 3rd - Given a good ride and ran the race well enough, likely just beaten by better horses on the day.

Chain of Causation - 3rd - Much better ride than last week that restores a little faith, 100/1 not bad money from the ring.

Jump

Sky High - 3rd - Finished well, but will need to find more to feature in the Arkle

The Show - 4th - Did not appreciate the ground one bit and struggled for pace, but ok perfromance. Huge Congratulations to Martin on his G2 win today.

Eight to Lose - Fell - Ugly looking fall, but horse and jockey survived without injury. Usually a solid jumper but has John's yips right now.

Legal Framework - 1st - Good win that hopefully fixes her to the distance that she needs to race between 2m and 2.4m. Under top weight but class told out today, will move upward now.

Gathering Pace - 1st - My first ever and I hope only appearance in a hunter chase. Was awful last week and needed a confidence boost, but hardly showing G1 form, where she goes next. Stayed on grimly.

Congrats to all other winners and thanks too the team for another good week.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:55 am
Group 1 winner

Wannabe wrote:
NPG319 wrote:
First time I've bagged a winner in week two - even if I had to wait until the very last race on the flat.
Also had a close up 4th in a G3 jumps race which is the closest I've ever come in a black type race.
So I am happy about that.

Well done Doug.

The commentators championship is hotting up with yourself, Martin and Stu all bagging winners in the first 2 weeks.

Martin is out in front at the moment, but you are all off to a good start.

Maybe Paul needs to do a comms table? :-)

I notice Tim is heading in the right direction as well :-)

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:30 pm
Group 2 winner

An average week for me, no winners but several in the money under both codes.
A couple of major disappointments in some low grade flat handicaps, one received an atrocious ride but also a couple of surprising jumps placings. I now have a gamebred 3 mile hurdler rated 130! I think he was grossly flattered due to the heavy ground.
Congrats to all winners and the team who make it possible.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:51 pm
Group 1 winner

Well a interesting week for Me, sacked as a owner ( scum like me are not allowed in their club :shock: :shock: ) and I should be sacked as a jumps trainer :cry: :cry:, the start of the season has not gone well :cry:

I suppose my best horse Queen of Spade did her job and Little Owl won well but apart from that its been a jumping night mare.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:36 pm
Handicapper

Forgot to enter week 2. Now have to play catch-up in the trainer standings. Hopefully I don't miss anymore weeks. Nice to see more trainers winning tho.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:37 pm
Group 1 winner

Had forgotten how much I hated the vagaries of the racekit until this week................

Flat

- Tough to find entires now the handicaps are on the cards in anger, lot of good horses in the barn this week.

Burn Hollywood Burn - 8th - Soundly beaten and heading to the cut bin for week 6.

Vanity - 4th - Looked to make a challenge before dying a death in the last half a furlong. Not sure any of my 1.4m class are all that good.

Tarasque - 3rd - Solid enough but did not show her usual turn of foot in the closing stages, has remained consistent though.

Shade - 2nd - Likely about his level, little extra weight probably the difference between 1st and 2nd today.

John Wayne - 1st - Back to his prefered distance and just manged to sneak this one, good performance that help makes up for a disappointing day.

Werewolf of London - 4th - No repeat of last weeks heroics but giving weight to all this was still a decent performance.

Chain of Causation - 8th - Not a good performance and restores my previous doubts about this girl, cut bin possibility.

Jump

- Broadly consistent accross the board, notwithstanding magic tricks and vanishing fecking horses.

Messy Conclusion - 2nd - With only 5 finishing the race hard to say what this performance was, curse of the 2nd place today started here.

Snowstorm - 1st - Good run, finally showing what I saw at trial, lacklasture performance will likely follow.

Sky High - 2nd - Cannot really fault him, beaten by one of those snatchy runners where it all works out perfectly.

In Estate of Madness - 2nd - Would love to tell you how he ran today, up until the last furlong I would have said romping it, it looked in the bag, and then poof aliens abducted him to join shergar and lord BEEP lucan on venus. Taking my ball home and BEEP off at this point.......................:)

Ground Pounder - 13th - Died under the weight, simple.

Pursuit of Magic - 5th - Snatchy run, faded, least he did not vanish.

Kingdom of Ireland - 1st - Looked asleep in both previous races, ran a blinder today, go figure. She may survive to week 6 afterall

In Estate of Shock - 4th - Jumped a little slowly, but was nicely positioned to challenge, before she spied that flying saucer and opted for descretion as the better part of valour, fading to fourth.

Kingdom of Beasts - 3rd - Not enough respect paid to the others today, too little too late.

Shesa Animal - 4th - Did not think she would travel well on the ground, but good and consistent run against sound opposition, always nice to actually see them finish too. ;)

Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:41 am
Group 1 winner

2 winners for me 1 in each code

Mirage Destiny
Brings up my 500th League winner of my career did it the hard way made all in the Jockey
Club Stakes after a good run at Meydan onto the Coronation Cup next.

A few shout outs congratulations to Satchel Stevens on your first win (Adding you
to the Rookie of the Year comp this week as I missed you during week one.

Congrats to Thunderspark on your Guineas winner was a beautiful and fair race
I have no doubts best horse on the day won was a great race was even better watching it
all pan out live and so very proud of my 2 who finished 2nd and 4th.

Shifting Alliance
3rd run of career been solid but managed to get off the mark in the Old Roan Grade 2 I Knew having
Captain Kirk as my assistant trainer would pay dividends at some point :lol: you cant
beat the old transporter energize Spock. all joking apart not a nice thing to happen

2 and a bit weeks in and 23 of my 55 team are now race winners

Congratulations to the winners and placers
huge thanks to the team
wonderful comms and show lads
see you for the 2000 Guineas tonight

P.S we have 21 different winning trainers on the flat 15 over the sticks
nothing wrong with this league

Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:22 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

5 runners today yielding 2 winners a couple of ok runs

R5- 7th Raise the bar never going with the pace stayed on looks like a hcapper needs a drop in ratings

R6- 6th sum of all parts unable to dictate fell away tamely will improve

R7- 3rd Lady bex great run over too short a trip beaten by thunders and pjs off to chantilly she goes

R11-1st Tall order given a soft lead took full advantage off to the lockinge

R12- 1st Laylines didnt fancy this one although getting weight from a couple of the better runners done his job well prince of wales beckons

well as i thought stables not top tier but very happy to be on 7 winners out of 19 runs just happy to be part of the show

congrats thunder on the 1k great race and well done satchel for breaking your cherry

congrats all runners

Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:56 pm
Group 2 winner

Flat

No winners on the flat today. Had only 5 runners and 4 of them got in the money.

Jumps

A very mixed bag today from my jumpers.

I had 1 winner with North Bridge Boy winning a Novice Hurdle and 2 x 2nd places but the rest of my horses ran poorly, finishing well down the field.

Pity you can only retire 5 horses after week 5. It's only week 3 and I already have about 6 horses I would like to replace, mainly my 2 mile and 2m 4f chasers.

Well done to all those winners and placers.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:42 pm
Handicapper

Maybe one of the best days ever for my stable.

Winning 2 flat races on one day is special, but it was a Listed and a Group 3 race what makes it very special.
Especially the G3 1m2f win of The Orange Aurora with 1L over Pauls Heir Apparent will be long remembered as it will not happen many times.
Nice day was topped by a 3m Handicap Hurdle win.

Fantastic work by the league team as always, congrats to all winners and placers!

Moliets Surfer (Holger)

Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:44 pm
Group 1 winner

The clear improvement in your horses this year has been evident in a number of races so far. Congrats on a top day, bet it will not be your last.

Josh

Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:25 pm
Group 1 winner

Not much to cheer about today.

Flat

Only got about 14 of my team into races this week, that good start is biting me on ratings now.

Touch of Class - 5th - Made his challenge but folded under the weight, my 3yo’s are no good.

Wish I was in Dixie - 3rd - left it all to do but ran on well enough, never scared the top two.

Jump

Kingdom of Purgatory - 10th - looked great week 1, different horse today looked half dead. Fu racekit

Eight to Lose - 4th - solid run and stayed on well but never a real danger

Unto the breach - 8th - cut spotlight remain on her after another poor run, weakened but never really in it

Ever seen the Rain - 6th - snatchy run, jumped like a cow, that will be all she wrote.

Snails pace - fell

Hexbag - pulled up - won her first two races by a distance, makes perfect sense she would pull up today. Fu racekit

The Wraith - 4th - stayed on well, but at 7yo her pace has gone, cut potential if I can train better

Snail trail - fell - which makes perfect sense gives the snails are my best jumpers by far at home

Kingdom of Nuts - 1st - likely benefited from the top 4yo’s going to tomorrow’s g1, but i’ll take whatever I can get right now, may have saved her spot.

Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 120  Next