View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Just the one winner for me today but again as winners go it was a good one with Doom snatching the G1 racing post. Off to the barn you go doomy, you have work to do :)

Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:57 am
Group 1 winner

Cant put into words what it means to win the National hey its all in todays Racing Post :lol:

You may need to make screen bigger to read ths is as big as it will allow me to upload

Press CTRL & +

upload facebook pictures

Well done to James great effort by Case Closed
Congratulations to the winners and placers
Great Comms as always and Stu you are a Natural

Thanks to Doug & Martin for there excellent national preview show

GREAT SHOUT DOUGGIE

Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:58 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Past the water jump - all the fancied horses were well positioned and they all had a fair crack so no excuses except for Libranno - hitting the last fence cost it 2nd for sure and would have made for a ding dong of a finish.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:00 am
Group 1 winner

After a poor Monday with nothing of note to mention, Tuesday was a day of highs and lows over the hunt.

Some real last fence charlies, which is quite rare in SO6 caused some anguish as "Greyemkay (4th)" & "Loving Spirt (2nd)" both leading at the last jumped poorly and saw possible wins fly out the window, but "Libranno" was the most disappointing and pleasing all in one, alongside the eventual winner at the last in the National and fluffed it, but as I mentioned in the stream the eventual winner for Paul would of prob grabbed him in the run in or Hedgehunter (2nd) at least, but a 3rd from the 10yo carrying a stone more then the winner and only being 2l behind proves that he is a trojan of a horse and 125K to boot & the biggest purse I have ever won and that was for 3rd lol. "Dansili Blue" finally hit the turf after 25 runs over the hunt and loses its record over the two seasons (although I was the only one concerned with that record :wink: ).

My only win of the day was on the flat with "Panhellenic" getting a dead heat in a 5f sprint.

Great newspaper article Paul :D

Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:06 am
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:
After a poor Monday with nothing of note to mention, Tuesday was a day of highs and lows over the hunt.

Some real last fence charlies, which is quite rare in SO6 caused some anguish as "Greyemkay (4th)" & "Loving Spirt (2nd)" both leading at the last jumped poorly and saw possible wins fly out the window, but "Libranno" was the most disappointing and pleasing all in one, alongside the eventual winner at the last in the National and fluffed it, but as I mentioned in the stream the eventual winner for Paul would of prob grabbed him in the run in or Hedgehunter (2nd) at least, but a 3rd from the 10yo carrying a stone more then the winner and only being 2l behind proves that he is a trojan of a horse and 125K to boot & the biggest purse I have ever won and that was for 3rd lol. "Dansili Blue" finally hit the turf after 25 runs over the hunt and loses its record over the two seasons (although I was the only one concerned with that record :wink: ).

My only win of the day was on the flat with "Panhellenic" getting a dead heat in a 5f sprint.

Great newspaper article Paul :D

Off level weights your boy wins no doubting it mate and hope you can take something from that
id breed the hell out of him get the best offspring into league 3 runs and off anything under 140
they win next years national.

GRAY - Question about bringing older horses back is it the export file 1 year older example
Coffee De London as a 6YO and can he be bought back in the window next season or does he have to
come back at the start cheers in advance

Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:49 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Yes you can bring it back after week 5 in the window Mr Greedy pants.

Gray

P.S Well Done Mate on your Win

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:40 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

simpleminds wrote:
Yes you can bring it back after week 5 in the window Mr Greedy pants.

Gray

P.S Well Done Mate on your Win

Cheers Gray and I think your rating of 144 was more than fair I
was dreading something in the 160s offcourse id love him to
get Case Closed mark after winning last year :lol: cant have it all :D

Kind Regards

Mr Mr Greedy pants

Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

A good day 2 on the flat with a winner and a couple of places, all in the all weather qualifiers so I will be well represented next week.
No placings at all over the jumps, my national horses were disappointing but they actually ran pretty much as I expected, both are safe jumpers and got round but neither ever remotely threatened and it was my worst ever national performance (back to drawing board). Congratulations Paul on a great win (2nd consecutive 5yo) and unlucky Stu with that blunder at the last. A big thing this year was that the first 5 were all rated 120+, a classier horse is required.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:53 pm
Group 1 winner

Pommard wrote:
A good day 2 on the flat with a winner and a couple of places, all in the all weather qualifiers so I will be well represented next week.
No placings at all over the jumps, my national horses were disappointing but they actually ran pretty much as I expected, both are safe jumpers and got round but neither ever remotely threatened and it was my worst ever national performance (back to drawing board). Congratulations Paul on a great win (2nd consecutive 5yo) and unlucky Stu with that blunder at the last. A big thing this year was that the first 5 were all rated 120+, a classier horse is required.

Martin did point out the class factor to me before the race and that is how it turned out.
Wasn't in it this season but last season I was with a gamebred that completed the course and that felt like a small win.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:32 pm
Handicapper

Congrats for the win in the Grand National Paul and very nice new commentary!!

Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:16 pm
Group 1 winner

My Horses have bombed at Aintree horribly outpaced but i think thats a good thing no one should be
able to have both good Cheltenham & Aintree beauty of the jumps league and what a league it is this year
Leon is flying down the outside Davey up there me John & Josh not far off its a shame Jim quit he would have been in front
or close to it one things for sure its going down to the wire and my moneys on the Welsh Horse Whisperer

the whisperer is a Good thing see

Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Well Done Paul with winning the national, a hell of a race and that was a great read paul. I had my best day in a good few weeks and i was over the moon with one of my Jane horses winning a good race. Im might be on tonight if the weather is rubbish if not i hope u have a few winners. :D

Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:34 pm
Group 1 winner

Day three on the flat was alright for me with three 2nds - and maybe my biggest pay day in three seasons with $57k.
Would have been nice to go one better with one of them but I'll take the three 2nds any day of the week :-)

Oh and a cracker of a finish and win for Rod McClure as well.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:33 am
Group 1 winner

6th! Never have I been more pleased to run 6th - In the Grand National. My first two tries at it my horse fell in the first or second jump. This is the race I would be most overjoyed to win. Thing is I rarely play the jumps game. Congrats to Paul on the win.

On the flat I bagged two handicap wins. My old hickory Man Cave led from start to finish with top weight in an impressive performance. I've mentioned this before - I quickly trial my horses (most of them) for the races they are eligible for at the exact conditions to see if they can at least run competitively. Man Cave smoked his trials. He usually chokes at 12f. So if you are looking for a little edge and have a little time it wouldn't hurt your chances to do some quick trialling at entry time.

Team Leader has found a rich vein of form and managed a nose win at the wire. I thought I lost and then I saw the formcard.

Siren ran a monster 2nd in a brutal Group 3 against some tough customers. Gives me hope for the Pegasus Cup in the final week. He is specifically bred to run that race at that track. $7 million bucks prize money in that one campers. 8)

Congrats to Colin Clarke on his day 2 hat trick.

Congrats to Follis for his 1st win of the year. I was rooting your horse on. Your old class horse barely eaked out that win. Think he is telling you - "Not another season boss. No mas."

2 weeks left - Breeders Cup and Group 1 Oz handicaps. Bring it on.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:32 am
Group 1 winner

The first day this season I drew a blank in all fairness i was due one

Big shout out to a few people

Stu Your comms are brilliant mate i love your deep dulcet tones
your like a fine vintage bordeaux.

James Congrats on your flat winner delighted for you

Joshua Hitting a half century of winners this season well done
mate i know we have had our differences in the past thats some effort
and i have great respect for you. David Robertson also joined the half
century club too well done Davylad

James for costing me 3 G1s today :lol: :lol: :lol: GRRRRRR
No mighty effort from your team today mate

Congratulations to all the winners and placers
thanks to the team especially Gray our leader what
an effort he puts into this

Coffee De London is exported ready for next season

see you all next week

Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:58 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 120  Next