View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Handicapper

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
yes Doug i export without jockey instructions

Would you having top horses make any difference? like would it not affect my average horses more tho?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:51 pm
Group 1 winner

cherzo2015 wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

Would you having top horses make any difference? like would it not affect my average horses more tho?

I Can only say it works for me cant judge anyone else's horses i just would not know wothout trialing them
and thats no longer possible

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:18 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
cherzo2015 wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

I Can only say it works for me cant judge anyone else's horses i just would not know wothout trialing them
and thats no longer possible

yes, i'll play it by ear lol, by the way when people may they are trialing the horse does that just mean they are running it in constraction races against other horses they have to see the level they are at? sorry for all the questions

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:27 pm
Group 1 winner

Its to find out your best horse over a distance and the best one is the one you use in the league the best one in the CK is not always the best one in your game Alex.

Gray

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

cherzo2015 wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

When I found out that Paul doesn't give instructions I started doing the same and in the three seasons I have played this season was my best with 8 wins.
As you can see I am not a big trainer but I think it does work.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:24 am
Handicapper

simpleminds wrote:
Its to find out your best horse over a distance and the best one is the one you use in the league the best one in the CK is not always the best one in your game Alex.

Gray

Thanks Gray

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:04 am
Handicapper

NPG319 wrote:
cherzo2015 wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

When I found out that Paul doesn't give instructions I started doing the same and in the three seasons I have played this season was my best with 8 wins.
As you can see I am not a big trainer but I think it does work.

Thanks, i will try it this season and see how it goes then

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:05 am
Group 1 winner

My instructions are simple - Front running or speedy types get no jockey instructions. Hold up horses get "Don't lead". So many horses in the league are not speed horses that often times a hold up horse will be forced to lead by the AI. By giving the simple instruction of "Don't lead" I can avoid that situation.

Ratings for the flat side are complete for this season.

I made a concerted effort this league to do my entries from low handicaps to high and to do more trialling of my horses each week to make sure they at least can be competitive in their possible races. It paid off with me hitting 20 winners this league after consecutive seasons of abysmal results.

Went out with two winners this week and some nice checks. A lot of bad runs too. Bobupanddown won his third race this season. All at 21 furlongs. Before the season I knew I wanted a cheap marathoner to compete in the lower level marathon handicaps because I knew for the most part the races would be small fields with bad horses. The plan worked out swimmingly. Team Leader won the TJ Smith giving me another Oz Group 1 handicap. I have 3 or 4 Oz handicap trophies on my shelf now.

Another successful league in the books with not much drama :? :shock: :lol: Thanks to all who keep it running smoothly and to all who participated.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:27 am
Group 1 winner

One more thing - I noticed Ben Bonnici has 24 horses in his stable. Some sort of bug going on there that needs to be addressed.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:35 am
Group 1 winner

Quote:
Hold up horses get "Don't lead". So many horses in the league are not speed horses that often times a hold up horse will be forced to lead by the AI. By giving the simple instruction of "Don't lead" I can avoid that situation

Hmmmm from what I saw on the flat, if a hold up horse ended up leading after breaking with no other horse forcing the pace or wanting to go forward, in that situation those horses had a really good strike rate at leading all the way and winning.
Although that happened a lot over the hunt, those horses didn't have much success because of the variables over the jumps.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:39 am
Group 1 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
One more thing - I noticed Ben Bonnici has 24 horses in his stable. Some sort of bug going on there that needs to be addressed.

I posted about that after the transfer window no one replied

Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:18 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
SiriusChill wrote:

I posted about that after the transfer window no one replied

lol never noticed also cant remember seeing the post :?

Gray

Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:15 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 2 winner

Best of luck to all for the new season.

As always, a massive thank to everyone who spends so much of their free time to run this great league.

I really don't know where you find the time.

Hats off to you all

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:45 pm
Group 2 winner

follis86 wrote:

As always, a massive thank to everyone who spends so much of their free time to run this great league.

Hats off to you all

Ditto

How is the lack of sleep getting on James?

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:52 pm
Group 2 winner

Pommard wrote:
follis86 wrote:

Hats off to you all

Ditto

How is the lack of sleep getting on James?

Not too bad Darren until they've started teething recently. I'm actually off to bed now so avoided watching the live stream. Will catch up tomorrow.

How's it going for you? Couldn't imagine having a older kid running round causing havoc at the same time

Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 120  Next