View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
simpleminds wrote:

just kidding guys that was a laugh

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:56 pm
Group 1 winner

Well Done Josh on winning The Gold Cup. I hate the Gold Cup , I've had 2 Greenbank Parks for the gold cups and they were two favs and both of them fell, oh well i'll have to bred one another one in SO7 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stu I've never used my 2m4 stayers on the flat to breed in my jumps game , actually my 3m2+ chasers are 100% jump bred and I've never bred them to my flat horses . My 2m4+ horses are probably 99% jump bred and my two mile chasers are probably 97% jump bred. I think it ends in disaster if u breed u flat horses to u chasers at this stage of the game , perhaps when u start u breeding program u could get away with it but now it only brings disaster . :D :D Stu u talked about Coigach but she's never really been that good at breeding and I've only ever used her a handful of times, whatever she got it never translated into horses she bred to.

Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:47 pm
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Well Done Josh on winning The Gold Cup. I hate the Gold Cup , I've had 2 Greenbank Parks for the gold cups and they were two favs and both of them fell, oh well i'll have to bred one another one in SO7 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stu I've never used my 2m4 stayers on the flat to breed in my jumps game , actually my 3m2+ chasers are 100% jump bred and I've never bred them to my flat horses . My 2m4+ horses are probably 99% jump bred and my two mile chasers are probably 97% jump bred. I think it ends in disaster if u breed u flat horses to u chasers at this stage of the game , perhaps when u start u breeding program u could get away with it but now it only brings disaster . :D :D Stu u talked about Coigach but she's never really been that good at breeding and I've only ever used her a handful of times, whatever she got it never translated into horses she bred to.

I hate it when you have a super horse (although not sure what they look like in my stable) and they don't breed on... but thanks for letting me know JM :)

Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:22 am
Group 1 winner

Never talk to me about Cheltenham again.... :( an absolute disaster for my stable, as I may have mentioned heavy ground just killed all my chances and coming away without anything better than a 3rd in the Kim Muir, with Napoleon Gray looking to win it again was the highlight, my previous G2 winning horses faired no where.. awful, just plain awful!

Thank god, for the low handicap races on the flat, waiting until race 31 for a win, and finishing up with 3 flat wins, gave me something to stop me hanging from a beam in my barn :wink:

Well done to all those winning trainers at Cheltenham and every where else, including Del's Arc win.

Thanks to all those that make it happen too.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:39 am
Group 3 winner

Wow. My first ever Cheltenham win with Little Apple in the Martin Pipe Hurdle. Great run by the wee horse, and really exiting to get my first win.

I am also very thrilled with getting a fifth place in the Gold cup as well. We were lucky that some of the big hitters went out early, but I was really on my toes when The Put battled to hold on to the lead at the end of the race. Great commentary by Martin as well, ensured a thrilling finish.

It has been a week of near misses and lots of second places for me, but the win at Cheltenham made up for all that, though I hate jockeys that stop riding the horse twenty yards from the finishing line.

Also fun to be a part of the Stu Grey triple in the Flame of Tara nursery. :lol: Thank you for lending me your silks, Stu and congrats with the win. :D :D

Great work as always from the team and well done all participants.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:36 am
Group 1 winner

1 winner today infamous fred wins his targeted race the irish leger so good week all in all looking forward to champions day at ascot

congrats all runners

Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:41 pm
Group 1 winner

Cheltenham Reaction:

Tuesday

All of the woe of day one is washed away as I have a blinder of a day with 3 G1 wins.

Its All In The Hips - Champion Bumper - 1st - Ran a very patient race in the middle of the pace until the final 2f, when she went through the gears, usually goes well on heavy though likely profited as others did not. Not going to be back this girl, just lost her 5yo trial place.

Fantastique - Golden Miller - 2nd - Ran the right sort of race, indeed set his run ideally at about 4f, just not able to quite manage the class of Chestnut Suprise in the finish. Another who lost his spot on the trial sheets as a 6yo and will not be back.

Chase The Record - Ryanair - 5th - Largely held up until about 7f and moved into position nicely, wide run may not have been ideal, did not really go when I would have liked and was slow to really press, but made good ground when he did. Likely just found out by better today. Could make a return as a 6yo.

Eights A Mystery - Stayers Hurdle - 1st - In a race I won last year with 'Hexbag' could not be happier to see this chap run a blinder and take it this, after himself winning the Albert Bartlett last season. Did it all right on the day. Have no 7yo version of him so retirement likely.

Falling Through Clouds and Hex Of Life - Browns Plate - 2nd & 3rd cannot really fault either, though I had expected them to finish the otherway round between them. Weight likely made the difference for Clouds. Both could be returning as 6yo's.

Game Set Match - Mares Novice - 4th - Never really got going and failed miserably in the last set of trials, so will not be back. Likely to be one of only two horses in the stable not to grab a win this year.

Eights The Fences - Kim Muir - Fell. In contention for a return in the hurdle team next year.

Kingdom of Gods - Triumph Hurdle - 2nd - Thought she might have a little more at the end after running the race very well, just got out stayed by a better horse.

Eights The Conclsuon - Albert Bartlett - 1st - Ran superbly to win the race Eights A Mystery won last year. Already know she will be back for the Stayers next season as remains a feature on my trials at 6yo. 3m hurdlers = check.

Wednesday

Only one winner, but what a winner it was. All gripes from day one forgotten :)

Maximum Impact - Gold Cup - 1st - The win is something of a bitter sweet, I am clearly delighted with winning it for the first time as the pinacle of jump racing for me, but to do it when my two biggest rivals both fall, sours it a little. She was breed for this and entered as a 5yo as I know she is better at 6yo and I wanted two seasons from her. Absolutly certain to be back to defened it next year, and she is altogether better in my view.

Zombie - Martin Pipe - 8th - Never got into his race, got strung out and was likely then done with her weight. Cannot say I am especially worried though. No return next year for this girl.

Kingdom of Animals & Hip to be Square - 7th & 16th - Neither horse I liked for this with both high in the weights, Hip should have really been my no2 in the champion hurdle. Neither set to return right now.

The Mighty Eight - Fell. At the start of the year I had wanted to bring her in as a 5yo, based on the her as a 7yo, where she now leads a trial group she could be in contention to come back stronger.

Think there were some flats races too, but pfft.........

Thanks to all those behind the scenes, the previews and comms were excellent.

Josh

Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:43 pm
Group 1 winner

Well Done Josh on your Gold Cup Winner thought I might win it for the Second time but your horse kept on up the hill.

Gray

Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Thanks to the replies for race Runners after the promo Race NH35 this week :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: no one watched I bet looks like a tough week for me stu and Josh this week down to 3 and you guys want more races :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you lot make me laugh.

Gray

Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 2 winner

Durex Me Up has now won the same 2 races 2 years running!

He might be an extremely lowly rated horse but is now definitely a legend of the stable!

Cheltenham was great lads, big up to Martin and Stu for the previews.

Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:03 pm
Group 1 winner

follis86 wrote:

He might be an extremely lowly rated horse but is now definitely a legend of the stable!

F1 your not wrong.... I have come 2nd to that little bugger more times than I care to mention, always just gets up :(

Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:32 pm
Group 2 winner

Anadin wrote:
follis86 wrote:

F1 your not wrong.... I have come 2nd to that little bugger more times than I care to mention, always just gets up :(

Given the horses rather unfortunate name, coming second might be considered a good thing :wink:

Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:31 pm
Group 1 winner

Falls, unseated, stupid pull ups, blocked rides and one lucky winner.

There were some flat races too.

Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:03 am
Group 1 winner

Well my best was a close up 4th in a Grade 1 chase at Aintree. I'm happy with that result :-)

Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:22 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Falls, unseated, stupid pull ups, blocked rides and one lucky winner.

There were some flat races too.

That was a succession of bad luck Josh, maybe day 2 :wink:

Have you noticed with the emergence of more front running hunt horses, that in some races these are effecting your horses ?

Does anyone trial with a front runner in the hunt, other than Darren H, John, Alex, Carl and of course Del :lol:

Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 120  Next