View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Dame Margot ran well in the 6f hcap and there were solid efforts from Funofthefair and Radio Friendly too. Dennis The Menace didn't seem to get home over 9f while China Doll should improve for an extra furlong or 2.

Over the jumps Holtz ran a blinder to finish 2nd in the Relkeel hurdle and Major Catastrophe and Life Of Riley both ran decent races. Polar Bear jumped terrible and did well to get as far as it did and Dirty Den has been a massive disappointment in 2 runs considering how well he ran in trials.

Thanks to the team and well done all winners and placers.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Really happy with Hereditary Rule. By the far the best I have ever bred. 3 grade 1's in a row, incredible.

Congrats to all the winners.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:44 pm
Group 1 winner

Well another winner for me with Seaview Vittachi and that gives me four wins for the season so far which equals the four wins (and my best result) I picked up in my first season, which makes me feel good as I can see improvement - considering in my second season I only picked up the one win for the 12 weeks.

I must say Seaview Vittachi was a little lucky as Ben Bonnici's horse found trouble early in the race and again at the top of the straight which probably cost it the race.

All in all a good day on the flat with a fourth and a fifth as well.

Well done to Martin and the race runners.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:02 am
Group 1 winner

Great day for me with 5 wins. Stable is in a rich vein of form.

Mission Accomplished took advantage of being able to sneak into a handicap to at the expense of a boxed whackaday lady. Stay Another Day finally got her win after running close a number of times in a G2, maybe profiting from a trainer absence. Genetics who has also shown more after a woeful start to the league also took full advantage of his mark. Kingdom of Titans was outstanding once again to make it three G1 wins in a row making strong claims for the champion hurdle. Though the highlight after a season and a half of waiting was National Sensation's bold run to claim the moores millions stayers, chuffed to bits with him.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:41 am
Group 3 winner

A second and a third. Not bad I think. Heptathlon did well to finish second. I didnt think I could breed longer distance runners :D

My NH team are still sh**e.

Thanks to the team. You do an excellent job!

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:01 am
Group 1 winner

Blank day for me not too many runners yesterday

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:33 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Just finished watching the Josh Sutherland show :D not bad for someone who was "is there any point" a few weeks back, it must of swayed the handicapper :wink:

For me, two days in this week and Ufffff!

it's not getting any better in fact worse, so pretty glum all round.

6 & 7th places for most and a 2nd in the Hunters chase and a 5th in the George VI was the best so far & looking at tonight I doubt any improvement.

We need to look at handicaps as there does not seem to be alot of point in a handicap rating sometimes, when so many races more than half the fields are out of the handicap, especially the hunt, something we need to look into going forward imo, I know we have the hunters but 5-6 for the season is probably no where near enough for low rated hunt horses going up against top trainers on 9st10 they/we dont have a chance. Not sure what the answer is but as the league grows so will this... & novice races way too many, has a novice race been won that wasn't a handicap by anyone outside the top 5 trainers ???

Field sizes in the flat is a major issue too. I know I'm moaning.... again! :roll: (But it worked for Josh hahaha)

Well done to all as per the norm & of course Josh with an outstanding night.

Be back to whinge some more tomorrow :wink:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:35 am
Group 1 winner

:lol: :lol: I'm already Flat NH & DCC champion I have also won the cup too and crowned in week 1

shows that 6 weeks in the league is a long time and horses strangely can improve

Last year De Bulldozer bombed in the classics and SJPS yet in the 2nd half of the
season he mopped up loads of wins and against the older horses which you would
think would be tougher to do.

The game is NEVER over until the ref blows the whistle.

Stu I think you will be giving the handicapper a complex its a very tough job
a thankless task really and I admire Sirius as id not have a clue where to start
with rating horse's major respect to him

Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:32 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I thought Freeze The Secret was going to give me a shock winner in the 9f nursery but Del's winner was too good though my jokey didn't help much looking over his right shoulder when the winner challenged on the left. Snowbound was probably my best chance of a win this week but got very little help from the saddle in the Bunbury Cup and finished a slightly disappointing 6th.

Close Action, Trance Nation and Ramses all ran OK over the jumps.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:34 am
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
:lol: :lol: I'm already Flat NH & DCC champion I have also won the cup too and crowned in week 1

shows that 6 weeks in the league is a long time and horses strangely can improve

Last year De Bulldozer bombed in the classics and SJPS yet in the 2nd half of the
season he mopped up loads of wins and against the older horses which you would
think would be tougher to do.

The game is NEVER over until the ref blows the whistle.

Stu I think you will be giving the handicapper a complex its a very tough job
a thankless task really and I admire Sirius as id not have a clue where to start
with rating horse's major respect to him

Paul, I agree the handicappers role is a mare & 95% of the time Gray/Sirus do an amazing job, it is, as always to try and spread wins a little more, but you have to agree top trainers running on equal weights to us lower mortals is pointless & novice races are more or less a shoe in for the top boys what ever way you look at it....

Maybe winning novices, have to return for a 2nd campaign the following year (& of course, no longer a novice)....& classic winners (Flat) have to return a year older or you cannot enter that classic the following year (I would be happy to regulate this) I will be fighting hard for a minimum amount of returning horses for the next season as we get closer, my soap box is glued and ready so beware hahahaha...

Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:29 pm
Group 2 winner

2 more NH wins this week. Ashton followed up in the Silver Cup at Ascot and Stoke Lacy won the Lincolnshire National.

Still waiting for the first flat win of the year.

The aim was to win 10 races this year and we seem on course to do that.

Huge thanks to all involved after another great week.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Great day for me, the total concentration on NH is paying off especially for my chasers. Avicenna looks top class, 2 more winners with PiekFyn and Ghost Trader and Beach Bonanza ran 2nd in Welsh National another good performance to add to his Hennessy win.

On the flat though On the Road was going to pull off a shock win for me, but winner was too good. Welcome back Thunderspark, finished second behind 3 times today!!!!

Congrats to all winners. Thanks to race runners and commentators

Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:15 am
Group 1 winner

Bagged 1 win this week with a horse who I thought had no chance on the dirt. The biggest thrill this week was a huge second in the Irish Derby with my second time starter Cave Dweller. I haven't cheered one of my horses on that much in a long time. Some other minor checks were had but also there were many total flops including a breakdown.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:42 am
Group 1 winner

Just one winner today but what a winner as DOUGS FUZZY SCREEN went 2 for 2 and is
now a G1 winner and wow and how he did it in the Coral Eclipse he was mighty mighty
impressive great ride by the jock came down the outside like a very smart horse so delighted with
him.

I hope the boss man is happy with the result Juddmonte international next if Doug
is in agreement.

My jumps team is like Godolphin I KNOW something went wrong but have no clue what :lol:

Thanks to the team and the commentators well done the winners and placers see you all next week

Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:07 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Just one winner today but what a winner as DOUGS FUZZY SCREEN went 2 for 2 and is
now a G1 winner and wow and how he did it in the Coral Eclipse he was mighty mighty
impressive great ride by the jock came down the outside like a very smart horse so delighted with
him.

I hope the boss man is happy with the result Juddmonte international next if Doug
is in agreement.

My jumps team is like Godolphin I KNOW something went wrong but have no clue what :lol:

Thanks to the team and the commentators well done the winners and placers see you all next week

DFS won like the blue blood that he is - Juddmonte is next....onwards and upwards til we get to the real money in the Cox Plate :-)

Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 120  Next