View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Good 1st day. Happy to win the Champions Hurdle for the second year running. BMX Bandit almost managed to get up in Coral cup despite traveling wide and Avicenna didn't seem to stay as his run petered out, not really surprised as he is a 2m5 horse but still a good run none the less.

Anyway I would take the champion hurdle win and nothing else on the first day every time, Cliffhanger just held on but justified the mid season upload, hopefully Namibia can do the same tonight in the Queen Mother

Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Ecstatic to have won The Queen Mother with Namibia and the Stayers Hurdle with Shylock. Today has been the highlight of my season so far. The only thing that could top this would be to win the Gold cup

Well done to all winners especially Martyn with 5 winners some achievement in your first season

Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:03 pm
Group 1 winner

Well.......It's been a good week for me with another winner and it's the first time I've had 2 winners over the three days so I am more than happy and on a personal note my transfer horses have done really well - good to see I am heading in the right direction.
Congrats to Leon taking some handy silverware and PJRhodes as well.

But I guess the happiest happy chappy in here is Martin with 5 winners on the flat on day two! With my winner and Martin's 5 that gave the commentators 6 winners on the day.

Chatted with Martin on the phone last night and he kept a lid on his big day so I had no idea about it - he must have been bursting to say something lol :-)

Well done to all involved.

Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:47 am
Group 1 winner

3 Winners today 1 on the flat & 2 more Festival Winners

Agather Christie
Breaks her maiden tag in the G1 Fillies mile she becomes my
12th individual G1 winner and wins my 22nd G1 on the flat this
season blown away with that she did it the hard way and just held
on. Maybe Breeders Cup next

Showcase The Merchandise
Won his 4th bumper of the season and won the big one had to be strong
to see off Leon's horse delighted to win the bumper I adore the race as
its all about the future.

Jack Frost
My Banker of the festival and he did not let me down he is now 3 wins
from 4 starts he bags me my 7th grade one over the sticks thrilled with him
looked beat at one point but is hard as nails.

Congratulations to the winners and placers
thanks to the team especially Gray who has put in tons
of time into the live streams so much appreciated

Thanks to Doug & Martin for the brilliant previews shows
great to hear for Stu & John.

The shows well they make the league IMO.

best of luck for the last day everyone

Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:29 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Just the one winner for me on day two, with some crediable performances from others at Chelts.

Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:50 am
Group 1 winner

Great 2nd day for me 2 winners in the shape of "Dansili Blue" winning the national hunt chase and keeping its 100% upright no pull-up 2 season run & "Loving Spirit" winning the Brown G3 Handicap coming from nowhere. "Kimiko the Grey" picked up third in the Pertemps so a top day.

Only won the one at Cheltenham last year and "Greyemkay" goes again in the Kim Muir today and I fancy its chances although out of the handicap this time round. Quiet shouts for "Party Doctor", "Canopa" & "Kamikaze Light" all in with a chance for some money & then there's "Libranno" in the last, be surprised if its in the money, hates Cheltenham but I am looking forward to the 3rd day.

The flat was dire as all my handicappers came up against Martin who incredibly picked up 5 wins and looking at today's I think he may have more, so well done Martin, people like you are no good for the handicapper league LOL

Well done to all winners & placers, good luck today.

Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:52 am
Group 1 winner

Delighted to get a SO6 festival winner at last with Ice Maiden in the Fred Winter and Free Kisses was still tanking along when crashing out at the 3rd last in the Brown Advisory Plate. Who knows what would have happened if she stayed upright. Not sure what the racekit has against me but race comments are that she was pulled up! Same thing also happened with Ramses who fell on day 1.
Best chances for me on the final day are Close Action in the Kim Muir who is on a very handy mark and Dirty Den who is much better than he has shown so far in the County Hurdle.

On the flat China Doll ran a blinder in the Cambridgeshire just getting chinned on the line. Freeze The Secret ran well in the 10f nursery as did Funofthefair in the 11f hcap.

Well done to all winners and placers.

Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:41 am
Group 2 winner

After a dire (was expected) first day things picked up on day 2 although it was a case of what might have been.
Got a decent 5th in the Cambridgeshire and a good 2nd in the 10f nursery. I was hoping to win that but was caught close home by one of Martins supercharged machines (fantastic 5 winners Martin).
The jumps carried on from yesterday with fallers galore to start with but steadily improved. A decent 4th in the Pertemps (fancied my chances) but Gray's horse is better than a handicapper methinks, then Vanguard Dream came agonisingly close to repeating last years win in the Byrne Plate getting collared on the run-in. Immensely proud of a gamebred who over 2 seasons has 3 wins, 2 seconds and a fourth in big Celtenham 2m5f handicaps.
I have place prospects in all the final day handicaps, especially the Vincent O'Brien, but it's highly likely I will be winless this Cheltenham, mind you one of the leading trainers may be joining me in that club (enjoy the hols John :)).
Congrats to all winners and good luck tonight.
Darren

Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:30 pm
Group 1 winner

Best week for the league for me ever with Hereditary Rule winning the gold cup. Had no problems with extra 2 furlongs and was definitely my highlight of the Cheltenham. Congrats to all winners and placers. Good to see John finally getting a Cheltenham winner, congrats to Martin on your first Cheltenham winner, well done to Paul for been top Cheltenham trainer all the time put in has been rewarded

Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:40 pm
Group 1 winner

Two wins this week and two seconds. The rest did nothing. Ellis Island got a much deserved win after collecting 4 seconds so far.

Three weeks left.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:43 am
Group 1 winner

A poor third day for me, with some small place money on the Hunt & Flat but a good week, 2 winners at Cheltenham and the "Prawn" picking up his back to back wins on Monday.

Great work from all involved and well done to all who took part, there was some good races.

Big shout to Mr Leedham with an astonishing 8 wins over the 3 days, for most newbies that's a seasons total :wink:

Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:40 am
Group 1 winner

3 winners today including 2 more festival winners

Mind Your Manners
won his 3rd 5 furlong group one of the season very lucky in the
first 2 but think he won this fair and square has surprised me this
term my sprinters have come on leaps and bounds

Viva Los barbados
Kicked up a bit of a stir in the live stream i wish i was that clever
to pull off that sort of coup he was my no.2 3m5 horse at the start
Du Pont the no.1 but they both have been awful after a few runs at
that distance (3m5) he never stayed and even running at 3m2 he flopped
got to Cheltenham and souped up a case of everything falling in place
for him obviously was lowly rated but for a reason he is poor even if
he kept his rating before the race i doubt he would ever win a race again
look through his form. I'm clearly delighted to get a win into him and don't
apologize for it he was there on merit and if we are going to vet who runs
in what race then that's it for me the fun will go out of it anyway i know the
lads were most likely joking in the stream. Anyway after watching him bomb
for 9 weeks im delighted to see him grab a win. 22 of my 30 NH team are now
race winners

Dog in a butchers shop
On form was a fair bit behind the best juvenile hurdlers but another of mine who
chose the biggest day to shine winning the G1 Triumph hurdle only his 2nd win
another who might struggle to win another but its job done.

It's been a fantastic week id like to thank the whole team for putting on the best
show in the world Gray you do a wonderful job BIG mention for Martin who did the
comms for a staggering 50 races. thanks to all who gave up so much of their time to
make the league what it is today. Doug & Martin the preview shows get better and better

Congratulations to the winners and placers and special mention to Leon who won all
4 championship races at Chelts that's an exceptional achievement Leon well done
Well done to John for winning Stu's excellent tipping comp.

See you all at the national cant wait

Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:04 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

When I took over the league we changed the top trainer to prize money and not wins to prevent top trainers hunting wins in lower graded races. Looking at the comments this season I think next season we should go back to prize money as the deciding factor for the championship.

It really doesn't matter as a top trainer if you give lower rated races a miss then as the prize money won't really impact on the championship push. There was a vote and it was decided to go for wins but I do think we should have a new vote on this as exactly what I said would happen is happening. Obviously we can't change things this season, but it really needs to be looked at for next season.

As a push to be top trainer you really have to run your horses in every feasible race now where as before you could give loads of races a skip, which is fairer on the lower ranked trainers. After listening to all the moans this week the exact reason why it was changed to prize money is relevant again. At present you can't fault trainers for entering their horses in every race, but if its prize money then you can as some of the lower graded races don't have enough prize money to have a bearing on being champion trainer. Maybe we should open a new vote on this

Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:20 am
Group 2 winner

Awful Cheltenham for me with no runners placing.

Still stuck on 9 wins, will be difficult to beat my NH record of 13 now.

Remain winless on the flat and there's only 3 weeks left :lol:

Massive congrats to Leon for winning ALL 4 championship races, monumental achievement and well done to all festival winners and placers

GN next week.....

Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:22 am
Group 2 winner

leonvr wrote:
When I took over the league we changed the top trainer to prize money and not wins to prevent top trainers hunting wins in lower graded races. Looking at the comments this season I think next season we should go back to prize money as the deciding factor for the championship.

It really doesn't matter as a top trainer if you give lower rated races a miss then as the prize money won't really impact on the championship push. There was a vote and it was decided to go for wins but I do think we should have a new vote on this as exactly what I said would happen is happening. Obviously we can't change things this season, but it really needs to be looked at for next season.

As a push to be top trainer you really have to run your horses in every feasible race now where as before you could give loads of races a skip, which is fairer on the lower ranked trainers. After listening to all the moans this week the exact reason why it was changed to prize money is relevant again. At present you can't fault trainers for entering their horses in every race, but if its prize money then you can as some of the lower graded races don't have enough prize money to have a bearing on being champion trainer. Maybe we should open a new vote on this

Totally agree that we should have a vote. I'm all for prize money as that's what I look for when judging my performance even as a lowly trainer

Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 120  Next