View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:01 am



Reply to topic  [ 1678 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 112  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Author Message
Handicapper

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:49 am
Posts: 302
Location: torquay . devon
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
i do have many hours spare
i could try running races not sure my pc is good to run them but willing to try
i could do review of races and results as i would check each horse and what they did in past races just a idea but not on show only here or if some one wants to use them in preview show etc
or if i can help in any other way message me
i like this league so much so im here to help is i can


Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:18 pm
Profile
Handicapper

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:33 pm
Posts: 358
Location: liverpool
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
I will just pay monthly for the Dropbox Gray, don't mind too much if it's only about 10 Pound a month, no issues there. I may need to send someone the specs on my laptop to make sure that it is good enough though. I know when I play the game it struggles a little with anything above the low specs, but I'm useless with computers.

_________________
Vinny


Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:46 am
Profile
Group 1 winner
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 8:48 pm
Posts: 14506
Location: Republic of Ireland
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
So we are off and running in season 9

drew a blank on the flat but not a huge amount of runners
1 winner over the sticks as Kaye Burley got off the mark in the
Big Bucks Maiden she did it nicely

Huge thanks to the team appreciate the hard work and effort you all put in
Many Thanks to the commentators
well done to the winners and placers

Martin loving your new co commentator

_________________
Website http://www.aidanobrienfansite.com
Email pjrhodes1122@gmail.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/aobrienfansite
Image


Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:21 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:39 am
Posts: 2363
Location: South Australia
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
I don't enjoy this first week at all.
From what I have seen so far, my sprinters seem ok - they are usually my weak link in my stable and a few other horses from my flat stable have been honest enough - if I am lucky I might pick up a 0-100 sprint somewhere.

Hunt team is hard to gauge - hardly any of them have finished races but no doubt I'll be looking forward to the cross country races.

Observations so far - can't give away too much but Josh's stable is on fire and he should clean sweep the league titles.
One trainer who has been there abouts the past couple of seasons has appeared to have taken the next step into Group 1 company.
A lesser trainer of past seasons may have stepped up into Group 2 & 3 company.

Doug


Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:04 am
Profile
Group 1 winner
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 8:48 pm
Posts: 14506
Location: Republic of Ireland
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
NPG319 wrote:
I don't enjoy this first week at all.
From what I have seen so far, my sprinters seem ok - they are usually my weak link in my stable and a few other horses from my flat stable have been honest enough - if I am lucky I might pick up a 0-100 sprint somewhere.

Hunt team is hard to gauge - hardly any of them have finished races but no doubt I'll be looking forward to the cross country races.

Observations so far - can't give away too much but Josh's stable is on fire and he should clean sweep the league titles.
One trainer who has been there abouts the past couple of seasons has appeared to have taken the next step into Group 1 company.
A lesser trainer of past seasons may have stepped up into Group 2 & 3 company.

Doug


From what we have seen already and you have seen more than me Josh would be odds on for the treble but think Jango
will push him on the flat for a newbie Tam is off to a flyer is Tam male or female? Can see them getting plenty of winners
Jim also looks strong in both codes but what amazes me is horses seem to evolve in the league you can get a horse run
lousy in a mewmarket mile maiden but then 3 or 4 weeks later can win the Guineas.

I'm in trouble SO6 is deleted and I will have zero subs coming in but never the less enjoy the challenge and any win will mean
that bit more especially after the window :lol:

_________________
Website http://www.aidanobrienfansite.com
Email pjrhodes1122@gmail.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/aobrienfansite
Image


Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:34 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:20 am
Posts: 918
Location: Spain
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Some good stuff for day 1 and well done all winners/placers.

Nothing to report from my lot, actually quite disappointing with some of my hunt team, but early days...

I see Martin wins a G3 with a 57 rated horse from 2 seasons ago, got to be in the 90's at least, hint hint Sirius lol, wouldn't want to be moaning about that picking up a 0-80 next week of 67 :wink:

As all have mentioned, and lets be honest, did we think it was going to be any different that the Sutherland stables will be all conquering this season and is now to be know as Altior Sutherland :lol:


Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:26 am
Profile
Group 1 winner
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 8:48 pm
Posts: 14506
Location: Republic of Ireland
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Anadin wrote:
Some good stuff for day 1 and well done all winners/placers.

Nothing to report from my lot, actually quite disappointing with some of my hunt team, but early days...

I see Martin wins a G3 with a 57 rated horse from 2 seasons ago, got to be in the 90's at least, hint hint Sirius lol, wouldn't want to be moaning about that picking up a 0-80 next week of 67 :wink:

As all have mentioned, and lets be honest, did we think it was going to be any different that the Sutherland stables will be all conquering this season and is now to be know as Altior Sutherland :lol:


Fair play to him Stu he has put in the hard yards and we have seen before our eyes how he has grown from a mid tier trainer
to the number 1 over the past 4 seasons I know he was not happy with things when he was in the middle but decided to do
something about it and i greatly respect that look at him go now as I say kudos to him he has put a huge effort in.

_________________
Website http://www.aidanobrienfansite.com
Email pjrhodes1122@gmail.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/aobrienfansite
Image


Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:34 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:16 pm
Posts: 1428
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Think your all getting a little carried away, ok my hunt team are likely very good all round, and will get better as the ground gets softer. I will likely gradually move them to only run in the top races and not bugger up the handicaps and listed races etc in the next few weeks. I also do not plan to bring in any replacements, even though I have plenty of options and some new blood. But I think I am still behind the top few on the flat, 3 flat wins day one is likely one of my better hauls in the league and a 3yo winner a thing of rarity for me.

Proper day one review to follow.


Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:46 am
Profile
Handicapper

Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:59 pm
Posts: 279
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
NPG319 wrote:
I don't enjoy this first week at all.
From what I have seen so far, my sprinters seem ok - they are usually my weak link in my stable and a few other horses from my flat stable have been honest enough - if I am lucky I might pick up a 0-100 sprint somewhere.

Hunt team is hard to gauge - hardly any of them have finished races but no doubt I'll be looking forward to the cross country races.

Observations so far - can't give away too much but Josh's stable is on fire and he should clean sweep the league titles.
One trainer who has been there abouts the past couple of seasons has appeared to have taken the next step into Group 1 company.
A lesser trainer of past seasons may have stepped up into Group 2 & 3 company.

Doug


From what we have seen already and you have seen more than me Josh would be odds on for the treble but think Jango
will push him on the flat for a newbie Tam is off to a flyer is Tam male or female? Can see them getting plenty of winners
Jim also looks strong in both codes but what amazes me is horses seem to evolve in the league you can get a horse run
lousy in a mewmarket mile maiden but then 3 or 4 weeks later can win the Guineas.

I'm in trouble SO6 is deleted and I will have zero subs coming in but never the less enjoy the challenge and any win will mean
that bit more especially after the window :lol:

It's great to have the league back and with lots of different winners. I'm like u Paul these are my horses and I made sure I put them in early a month ago so there was no temptation to bred in SO6. I'll try to play SO7 this week, not really in love with the game though. Hopefully we'll have a good SO6 league season becuase the future is unclear with that SO7.


Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:53 am
Profile
Group 2 winner
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:20 am
Posts: 918
Location: Spain
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

Fair play to him Stu he has put in the hard yards and we have seen before our eyes how he has grown from a mid tier trainer
to the number 1 over the past 4 seasons I know he was not happy with things when he was in the middle but decided to do
something about it and i greatly respect that look at him go now as I say kudos to him he has put a huge effort in.


100% agree...


Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:12 am
Profile
Group 3 winner
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:29 am
Posts: 545
Location: Warwickshire
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Very surprised with Day 1. Only ever had one winner in the first week before and suddenly one in each code on Day 1. Book of Taliesyn was a major surprise winning the Winter Derby my first ever Group win on the flat and with a 50 something rated 2yo from 2 seasons ago. Putting it into perspective I think the small field may have a lot to do with it although there was a John Morgan horse in there so still very pleased with the win. Realistically though I think that will have scuppered him for the season now as he will get a big jump in weights (and rightly so).

Pictures At Eleven looked far better than I thought winning a maiden hurdle BUT he is one of my many firm ground jumpers so that may have had a lot to do with it.

Good to be back.

_________________
Websites: https://martinleedham.wordpress.com/ - Music Reviews and The (not so) Daily Racing Page
https://rateyourmusic.com/~MartinLeedham

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk


Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:19 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:16 pm
Posts: 1428
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
I also tried to get into SO7 again John, and did not enjoy the experience much either, it was put down again for another, perhaps pointless jumps breed :)

I sort of think we should just plod on with SO6 leagues until it is out of beta and a little more forgiving. I also think we should have more commentary from David Nicholson’s sister :)


Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:22 am
Profile
Group 1 winner
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 8:48 pm
Posts: 14506
Location: Republic of Ireland
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Have to say im loving the jumps game basically because you are under no pressure to find full potential 3YO's
as long as they are full by 5 thats grand and am really enjoying messing around with it and playing for fun I wont be
going back to the flat because its almost impossible to find better then what I have already got so plan on concentrating
on the jumps long term

_________________
Website http://www.aidanobrienfansite.com
Email pjrhodes1122@gmail.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/aobrienfansite
Image


Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:31 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:05 am
Posts: 406
Location: Melbourne Australia
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Its good to be racing again!!!

I'll say this part first, i imagine its been a struggle for Gray to organise another season so a huge thanks to you mate!
Also a big thanks to Sirius who has another huge workload to tackle.
Comms are awesome and i wish i had the talent to call the races as i would love to help.
The guys that have put in the time as race runners has made it so much easier for all of us so great effort.

Now my review of Flats day one.
Things went as i hoped they would with my best horses winning their 3 races.
A couple of very close seconds including "Gate Sweet" on dirt that should do alot better on the turf.
As expected my 6f horses are no good and finished with a 3rd and a 5th.

I have extended the distances in my stable so it will be interesting to see how things go in the longer races this week.

The biggest disappointment so far is Doug tipping against the only other Aussie in the League...Geez Mate come on!! :lol:
I'm sorry Josh i know its not your fault, but these predictions of your dominance has only made me head back to the breeding barn to fashion some monsters for the window.

As far as predictions go, i expect some great battles with Josh but has everyone forgotten what Mr Morgan did last season on the flats.
By memory he was nowhere to be seen in the first couple of weeks then blitzed everyone.

Anyway its great to be racing again!
Cheers

Edit: Also credit to Tam King who has had some impressive runs so far!


Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:43 am
Profile
Group 1 winner

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:16 pm
Posts: 1428
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Pretty sure you already have my number on the flat. I also think it is way too soon to write off the likes of Paul, John, Darren and Jim (my dark horse for this season) and it is a shame no Steve and thunder in the mix this year.

Not going to lie though I shall have new blood for the window on the flat too :)


Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:16 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 1678 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 112  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.