View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 SO7 Guide To Breeding for newcomers 
Group 1 winner

Post SO7 Guide To Breeding for newcomers
Thought as the SO6 league comes to an end this week id knock up a guide to breeding
in SO7 I'm sure there are lost of potential new league players out there.

1) Firstly you should concentrate on getting base dams and base sires with good bars
Once your happy that you have decent horses with decent stats we can go onto the next
stage

2) I like to start at one distance and concentrate on one distance and IMO no better place to
start then the sprint distances Because its easier to work up from the sprint distances.

What i do is spend a few years and I look at the results of sprint races and
look for quick winning times - You need to take the ground into count but you know
when a horse has clocked a quick time.

You can see above Grandad Mac clocked a really quick time for the Kings Stand the first job to do
is to click on follow the horse and you should be alerted if the horse get sold (this rarely happens)

3) Hope and prey that the horse you are following ends up at stud once he does send all of your
best mares to him, As many as you can the more darts you can throw at the board the more chance
you have of hitting the bullseye

4) The next step is to look at what your super fast gamebred has produced I look at the male horses
Only as they can breed to your mares multiple times a season with a mare you only have one crack at
it.

After a few gens your horses by the super fast gamebred will start to match the bar stats you have on
your best horses.

Below you can see Wykki Bay Grandad Mac is her great great grand father and as you can see she is a
chip off the old block.

Below you can see her lineage with Grandad Mac proudly there.

Once you have a good batch I like to trial with 16 to 20 horses as its
rare in the league to have anymore runners that that and you want to
try and replicate League conditions.

Go to the CK and trial your new batch of horses to see who the best is
as you can see below Wykki Bay has made a big impression in trials
this has taken my bloodlines forward by quite a way

She has clocked 58.67 for 5 furlongs in the CK which is superior to anything
else I have clocked. She dominated my 5 furlong trails proving this works.

More than ever in SO7 you depend heavily on gamebreds anyway I hope this
will be helpful for newbies maybe even some established trainers will get
something out of it. I will leave you with Wykki Bay's stats

If you have any questions please feel free to ask I have always believed in
helping others.

Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:10 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: SO7 Guide To Breeding for newcomers
And she blitzes my CK course record for 6 furlongs by over half a second

Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:32 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

It goes to show theres lots of different ways to get to the top , talking to steve he bases his breeding on his mares where im much more throw mud and see what sticks . I don't have any rules I stick to and u seem to start at sprint and work up where I just see what comes along and what horse I like the look off, just really got into breeding this last week and I've keyed on a horse called Arumun , he's a 1m6 horse that's not great on track( couldn't win a group 1 or 2 race) but I like his bars and his running style . I try to stay away from the dreaded CK as much as possible , little is more in my book :lol: :lol:

I'm not trying to keep up with u and jim, good luck if people are trying to catch u two up :lol: :lol: im only trying to get one decent horse named after my mum .

Is everyone CK working because I tried it yesterday and after 1 or 2 races all the horses go mad and it gets messed up, has this been a thing or is it just mine that's messed up , it was the first time I ran any races and it was a pain in the backside . :evil:

Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:46 am
Group 1 winner

just keep pressing select eligible runners and you will get all the horses back in a trial

Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:11 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Hi Paul, firstly thank you for creating a thread dedicated to breeding as it's something I very much want to understand.

Could you you elaborate a bit more on when you say to get a good base of dams and sires. How do I do this? Do I have to keep loading a new game until I find a Stallion with 90+ Potential?

You said to spend a few years and look at the results of sprints, How do you do this? Do I just auto run the game a few seasons and then check the results?

Sorry I am just confused as Wykiki Bay was born in 2015 but the game starts in 2019.

I am totally new to breeding so please if you can explain in depth more for a complete beginner such as me that would be much appreciated as I would like to eventually be able to compete in the online league for the first time.

Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:44 pm
Group 1 winner

Baxter Dollar wrote:
Hi Paul, firstly thank you for creating a thread dedicated to breeding as it's something I very much want to understand.

Could you you elaborate a bit more on when you say to get a good base of dams and sires. How do I do this? Do I have to keep loading a new game until I find a Stallion with 90+ Potential?

You said to spend a few years and look at the results of sprints, How do you do this? Do I just auto run the game a few seasons and then check the results?

Sorry I am just confused as Wykiki Bay was born in 2015 but the game starts in 2019.

I am totally new to breeding so please if you can explain in depth more for a complete beginner such as me that would be much appreciated as I would like to eventually be able to compete in the online league for the first time.

You have no option at the start but to go to every sale you need a horse ideally with 100% potential or at least 90 this is
what i call base sires and dams.

The loading a new game trick does not seem to work in SO7 you rarely get a quality start up horse if ever.

I select certain races i watch with the sprints its the kings stand diamond jubilee july cup nunthorpe British champions sprint breeders cup sprint
I watch each of these races then after the race i go to the diary and compare the time if the time is quick or ideally a record i then follow the winner
and hope he ends up in the breeding shed - Its frustrating when a filly or mare smashes a course record as you never have access to them.

The year of birth must be a bug in the game.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:20 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Pj thats a great walkthrough. I have still not got a 100% potential horse doing it my way, feeling humbled.

Hoping!

Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:48 am
Group 1 winner

dragontrainer wrote:
Pj thats a great walkthrough. I have still not got a 100% potential horse doing it my way, feeling humbled.

Hoping!

What Paul has shown you is what you need to strive for to be competitive in the Group races in the League.
To be at that level you need to be focused on your breeding and not on your game play.
Don't stress if you can't get it in your first league season - Josh, who is one of the league's best trainers had only a handful of low handicap winners in his first season.
Good luck and feel free to ask any questions - plenty of people in here that are willing to help.

Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]