View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Stable Tour of Leedham Towers - Part 2 NH 
Group 2 winner

Post Stable Tour of Leedham Towers - Part 2 NH
Not quite sure how this will be pan out. People tell me I am more likely to get a winner in NH but all of my horses bar a couple are flat bred converts. Always been into flat breeding in real life (which has probably hampered me in this game) but have no real idea about NH breeding other than Leger/Cup horses/Group 2 or 3 MD winners being used primarily as the sires. However it became noticeable that my flat horses had very good jump bars. Quite a few at 75% plus so diverted the ones I didn't want for breeding to hurdling with good results. Again, not sure if this will have any relevance to league from but all horses here are Cheltenham or Liverpool winners, mostly multiples.

Novices

Trouble in Shangri La 4g (Come Taste The Band - Stevie Nicks) Bred to win a Guineas, did well at 2 but disappointed at 3. Gelded and sent hurdling. Speedy sort won Triumph in a canter. Won on Good to Soft - Firm over 16 - 20f. Chance of a win 5/10

Gonna Find A Miracle 4f (Smokey and The Miracles - Any Clairabell) Almost made flat team, won Guineas on flat. Won Supreme Novices and Nicholson Mares Hurdle. Also won over fences at 5/6. In here as 4yo. Won on Soft - Firm 16 - 20f 7/10

Sioux City Boy 4g (Come Taste The Band - Sue Foley) Out of an oaks, St Leger and Yorkshire Cup winner. Won at Group 2 level on flat. Gerry Feilden, 4yo Hurdle at Liverpool and Fred Winter over hurdles on Soft - Firm ground 16 - 20f. Currently novice chasing at 5 in main game. Here as 4yo. 5/10

Come See The Wine (Come Taste The Band - Lady Luck) French Guineas and Derby winner on flat. Won Baring Bingham and Cheltenham Novices Chase. Primarily in as hurdler but may go over fences, best at 2m 4/5f. Won on Heavy - Good To Firm 5/10

Mr Wolfman (Mr Wolf - Mona The Groaner) Could have been in flat team as winner of Melbourne Cup but better over 3m hurdling or chasing. Multiple winner over both codes. Probably shouldn't have made a Novice but has tendency to miss one out. won on all going. Stays 28f. 2/10

Laura Roppe (Fix Howcleuch - Any Estacado) Dam US sprinter. Won Sandringham on flat. Gerry Feilden, Fred Winter over hurdles and Wayward Lad Novices Chase amongst others. In as 2m Novice chaser but could revert to hurdles. Won on Soft - Firm 6/10

Feathercane Lady Midnight (Come Taste The Band - Seven Angels) Out of top sprinter. Won big handicaps at Royal Ascot on flat. Imperial Cup over hurdles and Grand Annual at Cheltenham. In as novice chaser. Won on Soft - Good only 4/10

And The Address (Next Edition - Miss Diagnosis) One of earliest bred here won Feltham Novices Chase amongst others . Won on Heavy - Good To Firm. Extremely surprising victor of 3m chase trials. Hence novice status. 2/10

The Dealer (Come Taste The Band - Mona The Groaner) Half brother to Mr Wolfman but a speedier sort. Group 2 winner on flat. Baring Bingham/ Liverpool hurdle winner. Currently novice chasing. In as 2m 4f novice chase primarily but can alternate hurdling. Won on Good to Soft - Firm 4/10

Open

Mona The Miracle (Smokey and The Miracles - Mona /the Groaner) Third offspring of MTG in team won Fillies Mile at 2 but never progressed. Excelled over hurdles winning Victor Ludorum, Triumph, Nicholson Mares, Long distance Hurdle, Liverpool Hurdle before going chasing and winning Peterborough and Golden Miller. In as dual purpose 2m - 3m but once again idiot trainer uploaded wrong file and in as 4yo !! Won on Heavy - Good to Firm. 6/10

Dandelion (The Guess Who - Charlotte Gainsbourg) By top middle distance sire, strangely under represented in team, out of top broodmare who produced several good jumpers despite being multiple guineas winner. Didn't shine on flat but excellent jumping bars and won Supreme Novices in a canter first time out, 4yo hurdle at Liverpool, Champion Hurdle and then Henry VIII Chase. Still in game as 2 - 2m 4f chaser. Here primarily as 2m hurdler. Won on Soft - Firm. 6/10

Smoke And Mirrors (Smokey and The Miracles - Lucy Lawless) Won Racing Post Trophy at 2. Didn't progress at 3. Won Ladbroke, Champion and Christmas Hurdles. Won on Soft - Firm. Speedy type 5/10

Kossoff (All For Free - Khalisa) Champion hurdle winner who won the 2m 2f hurdles trial section. Bit of a dark horse. Won on Good to Soft - Good to Firm 4/10

This Time Around (Come Taste The Band - Eighth Avenue) Bred to be flat champion but had problems at 2 and 3. Unraced until 3. Backward with no trip. Won Triumph and Fighting Fifth. Could be a surprise package. Won on Soft - Good only 7/10

Anthony Boy (Out On The Water - Deuce) Top performer over 7f on flat. Won Champion Hurdle as Novice. Still in active game now about to defend. Surprise winner of Champion Hurdle trial category given number of Champion Hurdle winners I have. (Could mean they are all useless of course !) Won on Good to Soft - Good to Firm. 6/10

Sue Foley (Next Edition - Foleys Quest) Should have been in flat team but deleted/failed to save her best seasons (3-4yo) and she failed in trials at other ages. However threw her into 2m4f - 3m hurdle/chase trials and she won out in 2m 6f category despite never having jumped a fence or hurdle in game. Real shot in the dark. Won Oaks, St Leger and all top fillies middle distance races on Heavy to Firm ground. Dam won Melbourne Cup, sire won Breeders Cup Turf. Dam of Sioux City Boy. 2/10

Wheatfield Soul (The Guess Who - Completely Free) Stable " See You Then " as triple Champion hurdle winner. Half brother to This is The Day. Won Triumph, International, Aintree and three Champion hurdles. Suprisingly beaten by Anthony Boy in trials but won in 2m 4f category. Could revert to Champion if Anthony Boy flops. Also won over fences on Heavy to Firm going 7/10

Days May Come (Come Taste The Band - Fleetwood Mac) Another horse still in current game first season as full chaser. Half brother to Rumours. Won Fred Winter, Top Novices, Greatwood Hurdles and Arkle Chase. Won on Good to Soft - Good to Firm 5/10

Behind The Wallpaper (Material Fix - Heartbreaker) Won Henry VIII, Arkle, Schloer and Desert Orchid. Current thirs season chaser. Still unbeaten. Won on Good to Soft - Good to Firm 6/10

Maid In Europe (Come Taste The Band - Maid In Japan) 2yo G1 winner. Also won Tercentenary at Royal Ascot. Good record in NH. Has won Mares Hurdle and Betfair Chase amongst others on Heavy - Good to Firm 5/10

Higher Ground (Magic Ship - Back Street Symphony) Sire won French Guineas and Champion Hurdle. Dam G1 winning sprinter/7f horse. Has won Fred Winter, Coral Cup, Golden Miller, Manifesto and Byrne Plate twice. Effective 2 - 2m 5F on Soft - Good to Firm going. 6/10

Tamara Champlin (Material Fix - Charlotti Cranaghmore) Top mare won Musidora and Lancashire Oaks on flat. Ann Boleyn and Nicholson Hurdles. Golden Miller, Peterborough, Ryanair, Peter Marsh and Lancashire Chases. As well as 2 Melling Chases and a King George. Fell on only run in Gold Cup. Has a tendency to miss one out and either wins or falls. Won on Soft - Firm 9/10

Dancing Days (Fix Howcleuch - Takiti Dancer) Had class to win King Edward VII at Royal ascot and Prix Ganay on flat but excelled over hurdles and especially fences. Winning most major races over 2m4f -3m including King George. Placed in Gold cup and Grand National but better at 2m 4f - 3m. However has won on Good to Soft and Good only. 7/10

Ring Your Harmonies (Magic Ship - Lady Salsa) By French Guineas/Champion hurdle winner out of Park Hill/Ribblesdale winner. Had speed to win Sweet Solera and Moyglare on flat. Better over hurdles/fences. won Ann Boleyn, Baring Bingham, Nicholson and Challow Hurdles. Golden Miller, Mackeson and Ryanair over fences on Soft to Good to Firm 7/10

Melancholy Way (Come Taste The Band - Cape Verde) By Derby/Guineas winner out of Grand National winner. Had speed and class to win Oaks, St Leger, Yorkshire Cup and Prix Royal Oak on flat. Fast tracked to jumping due to breeding and lack of good chasers in stable. Won novice hurdle by a distance first time out . Then went straight chasing winning novice chase on Bridle. Fell in Gold cup when clear then won Betfred Bowl. Still active in game now. Only defeat came when falling in Gold Cup. Could and probably should have been in my flat team but bred to be a chaser and jumps very fast. Best chance of a winner in either code in league. Won on Heavy - Firm. 10/10

Get Back (Mount Oscar - Jojeema) Stayer on flat but lack of long distance chasers so in NH team. Won Queen Alexandra and placed in Goodwood Cup twice on flat. Won Cross Country race at Cheltenham. Best at 3m 4f - 4m. Fell both attempts at Grand National. Won on Heavy - Good to Firm 2/10

Old Joe (Material Fix - Jojeema) Half brother to Get Back. Won Lincoln on flat and Grand National trial. Effective from 3m 4f to 4m 3f. Placed in Grand National twice. In team due to large amount of long distance races which I enjoy. Little chance of success. Won on Soft - Good to Firm 1/10

Miss Hunter (Mr Wolf - Lady Salsa) One of only two horses named specifically after real ones (other is This is The Day). Real Miss Hunter ran in first Grand Nationals I remember in late 60s. Half sister to much speedier Ring Your Harmonies. Won Ascot Stakes on flat and Northumberland and Hexham Nationals over 4m on Good to Soft - Good to Firm. Placed in Grand National (like horse she was named after). Realistic hopes of a place at least in one of the marathon races as has a turn of foot 4/10

Next Edition (Gamebred) First of 2 gamebreds in stable. He came from my US game. Quirky sort who either won or refused to enter the stalls in US. Won every race he started including several Grade ones and breeders cups at 2.3 and 4. Reluctance to race never disappeared though and decided entering in league was unwise. Took the risk of breeding from him as other bars were good and about 10-20% of his horses had no problem including a couple that are in the team. Accidentally entered him in a 3 mile trial over hurdles and he won. He proceeded to do the same thing over both hurdles and fences in every trial so is in as a total wild card as no idea how his jumping will hold up. He has started every time (about 10 races, winning them all). A rare front runner for me he will wear the Orange silks from my US game rather than the usual Purple 3/10

Crazy Parachute (Gamebred) A real lack of good 3m plus chasers made me start a supplementary game to try and fast track a few through. This fellow cam up in a weekly auction and had some good form so was a rare buy in. Proceeded to win both Gran National and Scottish Grand National leading all the way in both and getting well clear in process. Jumps fast and bold. Hopeful he will prove effective in the long distance races 6/10

There it is then. That's my team. Probably not enough novices but we'll have to suck it and see. Thanks to all the people who gave me advice, Doug, Jim, Josh, Gray, Paul, John, George and Ringo (sorry made them last two up) and anyone else I haven't mentioned. Time to get the mike out and start the commentating (can't wait to be honest). Good luck to everyone and lets hope we all have a good season.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:47 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Stable Tour of Leedham Towers - Part 2 NH
Well written Martin I hope u get to call a good few of u horses home. Are u hooked!

Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:16 pm
Group 2 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Well written Martin I hope u get to call a good few of u horses home. Are u hooked!

Yes, well and truly. Can't you tell !! Just setting the gear up to do tomorrows commentaries. Will be weird commentting on my own horses. Hope I can stay unbiased !!

Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:20 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Hope u don't mind me Posting some of my Jumpers !

I Think My 2m Hurdlers are my strongest part of my team.

Feathred Lady is a front runner who is my number 1 Triumph Hurdler.

Osana and Punjabi are both front runners and whoever turns out best will be my Champion Hurdler.

My 2m4 + 3m Hurdlers have stopped improving and so we will see what they do not sure they are good enough now to win grade 1's.

My Chasers.

My 2m Chasers I think are ok but I don't think they will beat the best. Hopefuly i'll win a race with my late arrival My Princess Jane. :D

My 2m4f Chasers have always been my strongest part of my team but they have gone backwards, I don't have a Loving Around + New Halen any more.

My 3m chasers always look good until they get on course and disappoint , hopefully Ebony Janne named after someone special is good and will be my King George horse. Hopefully i'll have a horse to challenge for the Gold Cup, if I have one it will be Welsh Oak.

My 4milers, I've spent a good bit of time trying to improve these because they have struggled and Hopefully Young Kenny and Lean Ar Agaigh will be up with the best.

My 4m4 Horses have been strong in the past and hopefully one of Struggles Glory or Hedgehunter will be good enough to go for the grade 1 4m4f race at the festival, they have a lot to live up to.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:37 pm
Group 2 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Hope u don't mind me Posting some of my Jumpers !

I Think My 2m Hurdlers are my strongest part of my team.

Feathred Lady is a front runner who is my number 1 Triumph Hurdler.

Osana and Punjabi are both front runners and whoever turns out best will be my Champion Hurdler.

My 2m4 + 3m Hurdlers have stopped improving and so we will see what they do not sure they are good enough now to win grade 1's.

My Chasers.

My 2m Chasers I think are ok but I don't think they will beat the best. Hopefuly i'll win a race with my late arrival My Princess Jane. :D

My 2m4f Chasers have always been my strongest part of my team but they have gone backwards, I don't have a Loving Around + New Halen any more.

My 3m chasers always look good until they get on course and disappoint , hopefully Ebony Janne named after someone special is good and will be my King George horse. Hopefully i'll have a horse to challenge for the Gold Cup, if I have one it will be Welsh Oak.

My 4milers, I've spent a good bit of time trying to improve these because they have struggled and Hopefully Young Kenny and Lean Ar Agaigh will be up with the best.

My 4m4 Horses have been strong in the past and hopefully one of Struggles Glory or Hedgehunter will be good enough to go for the grade 1 4m4f race at the festival, they have a lot to live up to.

I am sure most if not all will win a race or two. Looking forward to Lean Ar Agaigh (or Lean on the Aga as John Francome used to call it) as I used to enjoy watching the real version back in the day. Bold jumping front runner ..... great horse.

Mon May 01, 2017 2:39 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]