View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Bringing Horses Back to compete in the next season 

Bring horses back?
Yes 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
No 79%  79%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 14

Bringing Horses Back to compete in the next season 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Bringing Horses Back to compete in the next season
Githyanki wrote:
In my view there is not absolute parity between trials and league races, take two of my hurdlers, Kingdom of Titans and Dominion of Titans, the are statistically the same, same sort of breeding line, and trial evenly over multiple courses, but in the league one has one 3 G1's the other has hardly placed. Some puzzles are not meant to be unraveled it seems. It is possible everyone put their best in as Novices and one just faces stiffer competition, but I doubt it.

Fair call.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:45 am
Group 1 winner

I have been thinking about the game bred option the last day or two - to put everyone on an even footing then the whole league would have to be game bred.
I like the idea of expanding the stables to add 5 game bred horses - and declaring them. They can run in the normal races and once or twice a week we have a game bred only race.
Run them on a generic track and pick out big races from around the world that are not represented in the league (all Group races with healthy prize money).

Hunt - To be honest, the hunt is a bit of a dogs breakfast to me.......probably doesn't help not being a Brit but it is a little confusing.
The cross country chase is a great addition - I think there needs to be more than one each week.
I think the handicaps should cut off at 140 as has been mentioned - (there have been 0-160 open hcp's stronger than G3 hcp's).

I would also suggest and I know no one will salute this flag - but I would do away with novice class horses but still run novices races but in name only. Meaning that all your horses in your stable can run in novice or open class races. Really frustrating not being able to run a horse because it is/isn't a novice!
I like Martin's idea that your horse either chases or hurdles.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:02 am
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:
In my view there is not absolute parity between trials and league races, take two of my hurdlers, Kingdom of Titans and Dominion of Titans, the are statistically the same, same sort of breeding line, and trial evenly over multiple courses, but in the league one has one 3 G1's the other has hardly placed. Some puzzles are not meant to be unraveled it seems. It is possible everyone put their best in as Novices and one just faces stiffer competition, but I doubt it.

I agree, somethings are a puzzle over jumps. By far my best 3m hurdler is Floyd and yet he's just been ok and yet his father Upton Park has been a far better league horse and yet he could never beat Floyd in my last races. Sometimes horses just disappoint and theres no answers why.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:46 pm
Group 1 winner

simpleminds wrote:
Anadin wrote:
Gamebred's if truth be told, I am a "bloody nice bloke" :lol:

Don't know about that that is stretching it :wink:

Thanks Mate :wink:

Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:16 pm
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
Anadin wrote:
Gamebred's as an addition would be good, 25% of my NH horses are, although I rarely find many for the flat that can compete but a good addition going forward.

I know you all think I moan about 4,5 main players winning everything, but I guess either I am a complete numpty when it comes to this game because I have done 35-40 seasons and still have a barn full of milk float horses or I am highly unlucky, I will assume its the latter :(

I just can't seem to breed as others do and when I do, come the league they are rubbish, an example "Redfoot Hammer" 2m chaser beats "My Name is Frank" (2nd in the QM last season) all the time in trials, comes to the league and is currently rated in the low 80's, winning 500 in 11 races, where has/did it gone wrong ??? this is the frustrating & down heartening side of breeding even with time put in.

I will decline to comment any further on the way forward for the league I am a part-time player and should be treated as such, and I really do not like people thinking I am a whinger/moaner, if truth be told, I am a "bloody nice bloke" :lol:

Do you trial every season? I only breed from what improves my trial horses and not on what runs well in the game. Some of my best stallions have only won 1 or 2 grade 1's if that. This if for NH not for flat

No, I normally carry over my best horses, then prob run 4-5 seasons minimum and then trial again and keep the better, then rinse & repeat with both Flat & Hunt.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:18 pm
Group 1 winner

NPG319 wrote:
Githyanki wrote:

Fair call.

Frustrating tho, I never thought the game code was that advanced.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3