View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Rags to Riches - My Approach to Breeding for the League 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Rags to Riches - My Approach to Breeding for the League
Hechicera wrote:
See that's my other (personal) problem. I had one UK combined game and it became so corrupted it had to be deleted very quickly. And reimports back corrupted my US flat game, so I ended up losing all my games to that bug. My only real game right now is a brand new US flat one. Not that my transfer pool had great horses, but due to the issues I decided to delete it loosing even any good ones. I am in the US btw, so I am most familiar with that schedule. My new game's horses are just becoming competitive now, and I have sent some distance ones via pool to a game I just started on AUS schedule. I'm old, and remember when US had more longer races, and I miss them. It will be at least another season before I have my UK combined one going though I did start it last night.

Since I mostly race US flat in the game, for nostalgia from growing up around it, I don't see how any of those would be worth me even taking the time to do the trial testing. And certainly not from a new game.

The secret to it with breeding is to target horses that have the highest potential, cruising burst and extra speed rating bars - also I think finish application is desirable as well.
If you target these attributes straight away in your breeding - you will be competitive in lower handicap races - and since you love long distance races - the lower rated long distance races in the league are not as strong and they are a real chance to pick up a winner or two.

If you target those attributes in your breeding - something will come of it. I think the smartest bet is to make one game your main game and open a couple of other games from different regions to source desirable horses.

Last season Martin did very well on the flat as a first season trainer with limited time between seasons by targeting the right bars in his breeding. So it can be done :-)

Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:36 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Rags to Riches - My Approach to Breeding for the League
As has been said this is not the only method you can apply, it is simply the one that worked for me, and yes it is very time consuming, so much so I have hardly run a cycle or trial since the last league finished. But you can still take a great deal of enjoyment out of the league however you play, there are races for all standards and the changes underway for next season will make it even more rewarding for trainers unable to make the commitment to the G1 slog.

If you love the game, then you will also love the league, from posts I have seen you make on the general forums, you know your stuff and may already have horses that are competitive.

Josh

Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3