View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Stable Season Reviews 
Group 1 winner

Post Stable Season Reviews
free photo uploading websites

picture hosting websites free

Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:29 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Stable Season Reviews
Hate being right all the time ;)

Grats owned the season.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:42 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Hate being right all the time ;)

Grats owned the season.

You said id win everything which was incorrect :lol:

Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:09 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Season 6

Very disppointing season and i have gone backwards i need to play the game more although i find it tedious when playing for the league Season 4 was my best Season which i improved from previous Seasons but the last two seasons i see i am on a downward spiral and going BACKWARDS lol i will be back stronger next season in the Jump side i will have a small amount of winners on the flat as i always do my flat team are thrown together amd have always been moderate compared to my jumps team.

Flat Wins = 13
Jump Wins = 19

Total = 32 winners

National Hunt Winners

Monmouthshire Guardian - 3wins Best Win Rehearsal Listed Chase
Master Welshman - 2wins - Grade 1 Win in Paddy Power and Whitbread Gold Cup
Trumpton - 2wins - Pertemps Network Final Winner at Cheltenham
Deep Cut - 2wins - Betfair and Crabbies H'cap chase wins uploaded in Week 5
Badge of Honour - 1win
Bright New Dawn - 1 Win
Cardiff Bell - 1 Win
Comfort Zone 1 Win
Katabatic - 1 Win
Mule For Sister Sara - 1 Win
Seek The Pearl - 1 Win
Solway Adam - 1 Win
The Girl Nextdoor - 1 Win
Tugboat Jim - 1 Win

14 Different Winner means 16 horses failed to win a race.

Flat

Hollywood Legend - 3 Wins Includes William Hill Gold Cup, Great St Wilfrid and Spilt second on Last week.
Robin Goodfellow - 2 Wins Group 2 Winner Bet 385 Mile
Grey Desire - 2 Wins All Weather MD Champ final Winner
Bombardier Wilson - 1 Win Group 3 Gordon Richards Winner
Crash Bang Wallop - 1 Win Group 2 Polypipe Flying Childers Winner
Cupids Arrow - 1 Win The Galaxy Winner
Giveusaclue - 1 Win
Happy Birthday - 1 Win
Pathfinder Thunder - 1 Win

9 Different Winners Means 11 horses Failed To Win

Season 1 Flat Wins 13 NH Wins 21 = 34 Winners
Season 2 No Info.
Season 3 Flat Wins 14 NH Wins 30 = 44 Winners
Season 4 Flat Wins 10 NH Wins 46 = 56 Winners
Season 5 Flat Wins 15 NH Wins 26 = 41 Winners
Season 6 Flat Wins 13 Nh Wins 19 = 32 Winners

I am going Backwards lol

Gray

Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

You won your League Gray

Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:49 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
You won your League Gray

I dropped down a league as well now that's going Backwards :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

I managed 14 wins in my first season, 12 on the flat, 2 in the NH. Here is a ranking of my winning horses.

Flat:

In 161 starts I got 45 runners in the money. 12 wins. I earned 760790 and finished 20th in the trainers rankings. Very happy overall.

1: Liam Brady. 4yo.
With 3 wins he has to be my best horse of the year. 7f his preferred distance and was also my first winner and my last winner on the flat. Top earner with 266000 pounds sterling. Won a 0-110.

2: Enzo Scifo. 4yo.
I like to name them after legendary footballers. Miler. Won two in a row and I thought I had a serial winner, and then it dried up. But still, won a 0-110 and earned 104000 metal pieces with the portrait of the queen.

3: North Ferriby. 4yo.
Also won two in a row quite early and then refused to win after that. Both races was 0-100 and 5f. Think they were on dirt as well. He is a horse I like and I am happy that he won some races in the league. Ended up with a purse of 81500 English dollars.

4: Sparkling North. 3yo.
Two times winner. She earned a lot of money but that was because she finished 4th in a G1 race with five horses. I thought she actually would be better, and it took a while before she won anything. To my surprise she won the sprint final in week 12. 5f her distance. 152000 shiny bright sterlings was her earnings.

5: Juventus. 4yo.
God I love this horse. It pains me to leave him a fifth on the list. He destroyed everything in my savegame and i am so happy he managed two wins in the league. It also gives me a reminder of where the bar lays in competing with the big boys. My horses must be much better than Juventus. As you guess I am a big football fan, but actually not a Juve fan. I would like to thank Martin though for making references in his comms to the old lady and scudetto. That is beyond amateur commentating, he has got the gift. Juventus is a 10f horse and won two 0-90, earning a whopping 397800 Norwegian kroner (divide with 10 to get pounds).

6: Utah Bulwark. 2yo
My highest rated horse with 93, but with only one win bottom of my list. Named after a Swedish trotter who won the Elitlopp in 1987 and competed with Norways biggest legend, Rex Rodney, in the late eighties. A miler that was a result of me trying to breed horses like hell to get them into the transfer window after week 5. He was my only success, the other horses on this list was a product of my savegames. Gives me something to think about when getting more serious about breeding the next months. Earnings was 8000 Bill and Benners.

Honorable mentions to Hepthatlon and Spark Park and rest was useless. :lol:

NH

I love the Hunt. Since I started following horse racing in the UK I have become a massive Hunt fan. I grew up with harness racing in Norway and thought the gallopp was just strange and stupid, but now I am a convert. What I like about horse racing is the history, the ratings and especially the excitement of the hunt.
My favorite horses in the UK is Thistlecrack, Snow Falcon and Native River. And I managed to predict that One For Arthur would win the National. I have lived a year in Scotland, and always root for the Scots. My dream is to witness the Gold Cup or the National live.

Ramblings over. The reason for that is even though I love the hunt I am terrible at it i SO6.

Luckily i had one horse that gave me something to cheer. Maggie Mini. 5yo

She won on her debut, a novice hurdle and she won her last race, a handicap. (0-140). She is a hurdler, 16-17f.
I bred her in the weeks before the transfer window, and she made me proud. But I see I also need to delve more into the NH side of the game to get more competitive in the hunt. My dream is to have a National horse that really can compete.

Honorable mentions goes to Ankara who actually survived all the national fences and Glasgow Art with 3 placings in the money. The rest will be glue and hamburgers :D .

I see myself as a horse racing nerd, and the league is just the right fix for me. Thank you all for staging it. I feel very welcome in the community.

A little bit on myself: I am 42 years old, married and have a son and two step children. I work as a principal/headmaster (Don't exactly know what you call it?) at a school in the southern parts of Norway. I love the outdoors, football, reading and horse racing. And SO6 of course :D

Thanks to all who do a wonderful job in staging the league. My English is not good enough to be a commentator, but maybe in the future I can help with other things if needed. I think I need one more season to be accustomed first.

That was my rambling and review over. Enjoy the rest of your summer everyone!

Daniel

Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:50 pm
Group 2 winner

Taunton wrote:
I managed 14 wins in my first season, 12 on the flat, 2 in the NH. Here is a ranking of my winning horses.

Flat:

In 161 starts I got 45 runners in the money. 12 wins. I earned 760790 and finished 20th in the trainers rankings. Very happy overall.

1: Liam Brady. 4yo.
With 3 wins he has to be my best horse of the year. 7f his preferred distance and was also my first winner and my last winner on the flat. Top earner with 266000 pounds sterling. Won a 0-110.

2: Enzo Scifo. 4yo.
I like to name them after legendary footballers. Miler. Won two in a row and I thought I had a serial winner, and then it dried up. But still, won a 0-110 and earned 104000 metal pieces with the portrait of the queen.

3: North Ferriby. 4yo.
Also won two in a row quite early and then refused to win after that. Both races was 0-100 and 5f. Think they were on dirt as well. He is a horse I like and I am happy that he won some races in the league. Ended up with a purse of 81500 English dollars.

4: Sparkling North. 3yo.
Two times winner. She earned a lot of money but that was because she finished 4th in a G1 race with five horses. I thought she actually would be better, and it took a while before she won anything. To my surprise she won the sprint final in week 12. 5f her distance. 152000 shiny bright sterlings was her earnings.

5: Juventus. 4yo.
God I love this horse. It pains me to leave him a fifth on the list. He destroyed everything in my savegame and i am so happy he managed two wins in the league. It also gives me a reminder of where the bar lays in competing with the big boys. My horses must be much better than Juventus. As you guess I am a big football fan, but actually not a Juve fan. I would like to thank Martin though for making references in his comms to the old lady and scudetto. That is beyond amateur commentating, he has got the gift. Juventus is a 10f horse and won two 0-90, earning a whopping 397800 Norwegian kroner (divide with 10 to get pounds).

6: Utah Bulwark. 2yo
My highest rated horse with 93, but with only one win bottom of my list. Named after a Swedish trotter who won the Elitlopp in 1987 and competed with Norways biggest legend, Rex Rodney, in the late eighties. A miler that was a result of me trying to breed horses like hell to get them into the transfer window after week 5. He was my only success, the other horses on this list was a product of my savegames. Gives me something to think about when getting more serious about breeding the next months. Earnings was 8000 Bill and Benners.

Honorable mentions to Hepthatlon and Spark Park and rest was useless. :lol:

NH

I love the Hunt. Since I started following horse racing in the UK I have become a massive Hunt fan. I grew up with harness racing in Norway and thought the gallopp was just strange and stupid, but now I am a convert. What I like about horse racing is the history, the ratings and especially the excitement of the hunt.
My favorite horses in the UK is Thistlecrack, Snow Falcon and Native River. And I managed to predict that One For Arthur would win the National. I have lived a year in Scotland, and always root for the Scots. My dream is to witness the Gold Cup or the National live.

Ramblings over. The reason for that is even though I love the hunt I am terrible at it i SO6.

Luckily i had one horse that gave me something to cheer. Maggie Mini. 5yo

She won on her debut, a novice hurdle and she won her last race, a handicap. (0-140). She is a hurdler, 16-17f.
I bred her in the weeks before the transfer window, and she made me proud. But I see I also need to delve more into the NH side of the game to get more competitive in the hunt. My dream is to have a National horse that really can compete.

Honorable mentions goes to Ankara who actually survived all the national fences and Glasgow Art with 3 placings in the money. The rest will be glue and hamburgers :D .

I see myself as a horse racing nerd, and the league is just the right fix for me. Thank you all for staging it. I feel very welcome in the community.

A little bit on myself: I am 42 years old, married and have a son and two step children. I work as a principal/headmaster (Don't exactly know what you call it?) at a school in the southern parts of Norway. I love the outdoors, football, reading and horse racing. And SO6 of course :D

Thanks to all who do a wonderful job in staging the league. My English is not good enough to be a commentator, but maybe in the future I can help with other things if needed. I think I need one more season to be accustomed first.

That was my rambling and review over. Enjoy the rest of your summer everyone!

Daniel

Great read Daniel and thanks for the kind words about the commentating. It has taken me until I am 53 years old to be given some praise by a Headmaster. Everything comes to those who wait !!! :lol:

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:25 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Well done on your first season Daniel you and Martin have to be the best 2 rookies we have had in a long time
maybe ever

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:58 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Quote:
Great read Daniel and thanks for the kind words about the commentating. It has taken me until I am 53 years old to be given some praise by a Headmaster. Everything comes to those who wait !!! :lol:

He he. Then it was about time then :D

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:07 am
Group 1 winner

My second season back after a big break and although increased my winners by 9 overall, actually feel disheartened in general, I guess it was being spanked by new trainers which hurt the most (mention no names, Leedham lol) But I am pleased for you all and as Paul mentioned I am pretty sure the wins you guys achieved as 1st season novice trainers have not been achieved before in the league.

The highlight of my season was 3rd in the National with the 10yo returning horse Libranno which pleases me, as a bit more realistic than 5yo winners and I am pretty sure the league has agreed that the correct minimum age will be bought in (7yo +) for the following season. anyway I digress....

Flat:
All my 10 flat wins came from 6 horses

Dirty Prawn (2)
Iraqui Copper (1)
Keys (3)
Northern Bird (2) AW Long distance Champion.
Panhallenic (1)
The Tormented Girl (1)

Hooded Claw who came 4th in the Guineas ended up being rated 55 so the Race Kit was playing with me on that race.

NH:
9 wins coming from 6 horses again.

Libranno (2)
Dansili Blue (3) (should of been 4 but again the race kit DQ)
King Desire (1)
Loving Spirit (1)
Masked Karla (1)
Woods Of Windsor (1)

Three of those were returning horses and had all won the season before :D

Greyemkay was the biggest disappointment as threw 2 big races at the last fence, which is rare in S06, as not enough last fences failures and another returning horse who had won twice the season before & a Cheltenham win.

So 10 last season & 19 this, so if the law of averages stays the same I am in for a bumper season next :lol:

Been a great season and it has moved on leaps and bounds since the beginning of S06.

Well done to all champs of the codes and some breathtaking numbers for the top boys, I really do hope I don't have to write WD PJR so much next season on the streams :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks have to go to Gray & Leon who's tireless work is paramount to the success. The Race runners (I dont know you all, but John, Gray, Josh etc) and the bold camera work too, The handicappers, Sirus & Gray, all tho haven't always seen eye to eye with Sirus it is a tireless job so a big well done & thanks to you two. Which leads me to the comms team of course, Martin and Doug who have been exceptional again with their work on reviews, previews and the races themselves. Also Martyn, Tim and Gray (Gray again, no wonder you dont have time to breed :lol:)

I do hope we implement a few of the issues that have been bought up over the past week or so, but its up to the powers that be, so we will see.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:46 am
Group 1 winner

Great to read all these reviews and what everyone took out of the league

I had a look at my history in the league and to my surprise i'm going backwards over the sticks

Gray :lol:

I had runners in the League way way back but those records are not available
so season 1 was not my rookie season.

If i get 21 winners next term it will bring up my 500th Winner

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]