View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Dubai World Cup Switch 

Dubai Change
Poll ended at Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:12 am
Yes 91%  91%  [ 10 ]
No 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 11

Dubai World Cup Switch 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Dubai World Cup Switch
Can't see why you all get so excited, they are just clones of clones of clones in all but name whilst the ttf exists. :wink:

Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:30 pm
Group 1 winner

That's arguably true regardless of the ttf usage, unless you limit yourself to breeding with game horses

Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:
Can't see why you all get so excited, they are just clones of clones of clones in all but name whilst the ttf exists. :wink:

The problem is if u stop having the ttfs then everytime u game crashed u would lose everything and this game is not to be trusted, way to much goes wrong for it to happen.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:48 pm
Group 1 winner

breeding will be totally different in the next iteration of starters orders so playing a long time might not have the same effect as now

Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:08 pm
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Anadin wrote:

The problem is if u stop having the ttfs then everytime u game crashed u would lose everything and this game is not to be trusted, way to much goes wrong for it to happen.

Agree, but it was more the fact that once you have the bred the mare & stallion who are both "perfect" in a sense then by returning them to breed produces a clone of the first breed does it not ???

But agree it can be a unstable, so its difficult...

leonvr wrote:
breeding will be totally different in the next iteration of starters orders so playing a long time might not have the same effect as now

cannae wait :wink:

Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:14 pm
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:
Anadin wrote:

Agree, but it was more the fact that once you have the bred the mare & stallion who are both "perfect" in a sense then by returning them to breed produces a clone of the first breed does it not ???

But agree it can be a unstable, so its difficult...

leonvr wrote:

cannae wait :wink:

Well I've abandoned my flat Ghostzapper Stables but if I find time to play my US/Aussie game I made when this game first came out then I'm going to play it without TTF's and any claiming races and not use any of the horses I've bred and just play 1 game and to enjoy playing it without breeding for the league, then whatever horses are Ok i'll put in the league to battle for the H'caps. So if anyone see's any Arapahoe Stable Horses then they could be mine, that's if I find time to play the game. :D

Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:20 pm
Group 1 winner

just scanning thru and this caught my eye most of these races are G1, putting them in week 1 league rules are no unraced horses allowed to enter a G1 how will this work? forgive my negativaty but how will we decide who runs and who doesn't when 20 horses get dec for a 6f race round a track that barely holds 12(although 16 is the max for a G1)

Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:45 am
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
just scanning thru and this caught my eye most of these races are G1, putting them in week 1 league rules are no unraced horses allowed to enter a G1 how will this work? forgive my negativaty but how will we decide who runs and who doesn't when 20 horses get dec for a 6f race round a track that barely holds 12(although 16 is the max for a G1)

I believe, without re-reading this thread that it is mentioned that G1 fields will be expanded - experienced trainers will know if they have a horse/s that are capable at G1 and that any new trainers will be advised to stick to maidens.
Also all week one races will be raced at Newmarket and other tracks that have at least a straight mile track. There is another post under this one that has the schedule for the next league season.
Running 20+ maiden fields on greyhound tracks pretty much rules out most runners who don't have a good barrier draw or are not on the pace runners - that is why there is a change to big roomier tracks for the first week.

Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:37 pm
Group 1 winner

all for that mate hcapping the first week will be more accurate but unraced horses in a g1 (not sure why this was introduced)G1s with 20 runners round meydan should be interesting looking forward to it

Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:52 pm
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
all for that mate hcapping the first week will be more accurate but unraced horses in a g1 (not sure why this was introduced)G1s with 20 runners round meydan should be interesting looking forward to it

Personally I don't think we will get 20 runners in those G1s.

In part - the maidens on the big tracks should help the handicapper out and also give fairer ratings to lower rated horses that in past seasons fluked the dream gate and run - ran 5th and got smashed with a high rating for the rest of the season. Also the big trainers - without naming them - know their horses are G1 - the Dubai races are there for them and to any mid range trainer that thinks they have made improvements to their stable who want to have an early crack. I think most trainers will avoid them and it hopefully opens up 8 more maiden races to other trainers to win.

Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4