View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 The Grand Finale - Preparations for the last SO6 League 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: The Grand Finale - Preparations for the last SO6 League
Okay Gray thanks.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:38 pm
Group 1 winner

Just finished trialing my jumpers and what a bunch of donkeys they are. When your best 2m hurdlers are your 2 juvenile hurdlers from last season and both were beaten senseless most runs then, you know it's gonna be a long season. I'm too knackered to upload and do my race entries so will wait till tomorrow. Good luck to all.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:54 am
Group 1 winner

just finished my 3yo and got to say they look very average nothing stands out which is either very good or very bad me thinks the latter may apply will upload fri morn

Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:17 am
Group 1 winner

Finally uploaded my stable. Quite surprised that I filled my flat stable BUT my Hunt stable is a dogs breakfast. I totally ran out of time to trial any hunt horses so I entered about 10 and I'll upload the rest after trialling them during the week 5 window. Will enter my horses after dinner tonight.
Giddy up!

Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:58 am
Group 2 winner

Finally all done, phew.
I have 2 full stables for what they're worth and have got 24 flat and 26 jumpers entered up in week 1.
I actually managed to trial my flat horses last night before uploading and only got a couple of surprises, my in-game form generally held up. I expect I will still just have handicappers.
I have made an improvement at 6f and a small one at 1m (which was my most competitive and only ever group win previously). The interesting one will be 1m4f as my older horse, "Geronimo", won every trial by at least 2 lengths and the horse that finished second every time, "Mrs King", subsequently won every 3yo trial by the same margin. I either have a proper group horse or the others would be better employed on Blackpool beach. My stayers will be terrible.
I had no time to trial the jumps horses so just uploaded all of the next best from the flat trials. Maybe I will get a nice surprise but the most likely outcome is that they will all be useless.
Good luck everyone.
Darren

Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:07 pm
Group 2 winner

I was just scanning thru the race entries on TOM and most of the jump races have good fields, but there are a few small fields on the flat.

If anyone has the time to re-enter horses, this may be a chance to pick up some prize money.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:19 pm
Group 2 winner

It's amazing how blind luck can sometimes play a part in something you do.

I didn't have a decent Grand National horse and I was trying to breed a horse to upload after week 5. I was trialling my latest batch of horses and to help with the pull-up problem, I usually randomly stick a few failed 3 milers in the race to run at the back and get pulled-up. Anyway, one of these "3m failures" won the national trial by about 8 lengths. Next race he won by about 5 lengths, fell in next trial, but won 4th trial by about 8 lengths again.

When I loaded him into a saved game to check his green bars, the potential bar was only about 92% and the rest of his bars about 40%. As far as green bars are concerned, probably one of the worst horses I had bred. I don't even know why I exported him to the CK. Usually horses like this are retired as 3yo.

I spent this morning (Friday) breeding the horse with some average 4 mile mares who had full potentail, 70% cruising speed and 95% extra speed and managed to breed one stallion with excellent bars who beats his sire.

I have deleted my mediocre returning National horse and uploaded this new horse. Unfortuneately, the first 4m 2f race isn't untill week 2, so will have to wait and see if he is any good in the league.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:03 pm
Group 2 winner

Wannabe wrote:
When I loaded him into a saved game to check his green bars, the potential bar was only about 92% and the rest of his bars about 40%. As far as green bars are concerned, probably one of the worst horses I had bred. I don't even know why I exported him to the CK. Usually horses like this are retired as 3yo.

How do you do that Jim. I have been wondering how people get to see the bars of retired horses for ages.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:53 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Lordedaw wrote:
Wannabe wrote:

How do you do that Jim. I have been wondering how people get to see the bars of retired horses for ages.

I have every horse I have bred saved to ttf file, usually at age 3, 4 and 5. They are stored by distance and generation and sire so it is easy to find a particular horse. I just copied the ttf file back to saves and started a new saved game and then transferred the horse back into the game.

I usually just look at the horses bars and then delete the saved game as I using it only as a temporary measure.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:15 pm
Group 2 winner

Wannabe wrote:
Lordedaw wrote:
Wannabe wrote:

I have every horse I have bred saved to ttf file, usually at age 3, 4 and 5. They are stored by distance and generation and sire so it is easy to find a particular horse. I just copied the ttf file back to saves and started a new saved game and then transferred the horse back into the game.

I usually just look at the horses bars and then delete the saved game as I using it only as a temporary measure.

Haven't got TTF files of mine so won't be able to do it. Never mind, thanks for info though. Good to see you back by the way.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:19 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I hate this game sometimes , I was just running some 4m4 races tonight and the horse who I put in the league Bright Dream dominated the races to be put in my team but tonight he ran last a lot. How can that be !!!! :? :?

Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:57 am
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
I hate this game sometimes , I was just running some 4m4 races tonight and the horse who I put in the league Bright Dream dominated the races to be put in my team but tonight he ran last a lot. How can that be !!!! :? :?

I thought I was noticing this as well when I was trailing.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:15 am
Group 1 winner

NPG319 wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:

I thought I was noticing this as well when I was trailing.

Half the time u don't know if u should believe the results, the last game had a far better CK than this one. I hope its better in the next game, how can a horse be outstanding one minute and then run just about the same horses and be very poor the next. :evil: :evil:

I loved running races in the last game but I hate running them in this one, its just not fun. :cry: :cry:

Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:21 am
Group 2 winner

Some time ago I posted in the SO7 Development Forum about the same problem.

I hope Mark reads the comments posted in the development forum and takes them to heart.

I hate it when you think you have had a breaktrough and found a great horse who wins the first 3 trial races and then finishes about last in the next 5 trial races. You just don't have any idea of the horses true potential.

A similiar problem occurs if you run 5 trial races with 10 horses then close SO6 down and then run another 5 trial races with the same 10 horses. You get a set of totally different results.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7