View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 The Grand Finale - Preparations for the last SO6 League 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: The Grand Finale - Preparations for the last SO6 League
Pommard wrote:
As far asI am aware Martin these are the answers.

1. Do horses retain their handicap mark from prior season or get reset. They retain their marks.
2. Are horses still bound by the distance qualification from previous seasons. Most of my returner horses need a longer trip at 3 or 4. This can be reset, at least with 2yo going up to 3yo although Sirius may query it as TOM shows it as an error. It can be manually overidden so not a problem.
3. Are NH horses pre qualified for both chases and hurdles if they were previously. Yes
4. Can a novice return as a novice and can a previous open horse return as a novice (seems unfair if they can but worth asking). I think all novices are automatically upped to open but better check with Leon or Gray. A previous open horse cannot return as a novice.

Darren

Novices I had a Juvenile Hurdler that went into open last season as I didn't think it could be a Novice hurdler (The Girl Nextdoor) but I cant see any reason why it cant go from Novice Hurdler to Novice Chaser but it would be hard to police so I think it should go into Open mate.

Gray

Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

Good evening all, hope you all have been well and safe. So sorry to hear about that Martin all the best these things are never easy.

I can finally say with a huge smile i got my uncapped wifi finally haha but damm im happy.

I cant wait for the league even know i still dont have my first winner haha but still i cant wait! And to call races again

Much love to all!

Tim

Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:01 pm
Group 2 winner

simpleminds wrote:
Pommard wrote:
As far asI am aware Martin these are the answers.

1. Do horses retain their handicap mark from prior season or get reset. They retain their marks.
2. Are horses still bound by the distance qualification from previous seasons. Most of my returner horses need a longer trip at 3 or 4. This can be reset, at least with 2yo going up to 3yo although Sirius may query it as TOM shows it as an error. It can be manually overidden so not a problem.
3. Are NH horses pre qualified for both chases and hurdles if they were previously. Yes
4. Can a novice return as a novice and can a previous open horse return as a novice (seems unfair if they can but worth asking). I think all novices are automatically upped to open but better check with Leon or Gray. A previous open horse cannot return as a novice.

Darren

Novices I had a Juvenile Hurdler that went into open last season as I didn't think it could be a Novice hurdler (The Girl Nextdoor) but I cant see any reason why it cant go from Novice Hurdler to Novice Chaser but it would be hard to police so I think it should go into Open mate.

Gray

Thanks Darren and Gray. That is the answers I was expecting and hoping for.

Good to see you back Tim and thanks for the words.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:00 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Sucks that you lost your team Martin, still have a little time yet though.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:40 pm
Group 2 winner

Githyanki wrote:

Thanks. Should be able to get a few seasons in so hopefully I won't go backwards ..... just not forward as much as I would have liked.

As long as I retain the commentators trainer title I will be content but Doug and Stu have been pretty quiet so I reckon they are breeding like crazy and might well overtake me !!

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:07 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

timmy0412 wrote:
Good evening all, hope you all have been well and safe. So sorry to hear about that Martin all the best these things are never easy.

I can finally say with a huge smile i got my uncapped wifi finally haha but damm im happy.

I cant wait for the league even know i still dont have my first winner haha but still i cant wait! And to call races again

Much love to all!

Tim

Hi Tim nice to see u back :D

Boys I've got a question about something that I have no idea if I can do it because I've never put a old flat racer in my jumps team but last year I had this filly called Nibbs Point who I raced as a 3yo and if I put her in my jumps team can I put her in at 5yo!!!!!

Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:17 pm
Group 1 winner

No horse must be 4 and not 5. its always 1 year older even if they switch to jumps.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:51 pm
Group 2 winner

Bad luck Martin, sorry to hear about your troubles but maybe other trainers can learn from you,

I know it's easy to be wise after the fact, but in SO4 and SO5 I had the same thing happen, so now once a week, (depends how much breeding I do), I copy all my ttf files and hdb files to a USB thumb drive. Now the most I will lose is a few days breeding. Unless the thumb drive crashes as well.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:53 pm
Group 1 winner

Same, I also import from the usb to the version I run on my laptop, rarely exposed to more than one breeding season.

Anyway teams done, just doing a bit of last min cram breeding to see if I cannot make any improvements. Hard to say where i am all in, likely bout the same as last year with some improvements at certain ages and distances. Two returning horses on the jumps, suggests weekness in certain places, though there both g1 winners.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:14 pm
Group 1 winner

Lordedaw wrote:
Githyanki wrote:

Thanks. Should be able to get a few seasons in so hopefully I won't go backwards ..... just not forward as much as I would have liked.

As long as I retain the commentators trainer title I will be content but Doug and Stu have been pretty quiet so I reckon they are breeding like crazy and might well overtake me !!

Yeah - I'd be gutted. Would love to chat more but too busy breeding :-)

Hello Tim - good to see you back :)

Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:44 pm
Group 1 winner

Tough one Martin, although I imagine you will breed ahead of me within 2 weeks, its the quiet Awesome Australian you need to worry about :D I've not improved since SO4 so I doubt I will start now.... :wink: let alone the FM18 Beta taking up my time now.

I guess I better do something soon, I will have my usual mix of home & game breeds, this is because I suck at trialling & I really don't know how you guys go through 1,000's the monotony far outweighs the excitement of a top horse in the league imo so although I believe my horse stats are similar, they don't get trialled properly hence run wrong distances/ground alot.

If anyone wants to trial my horses your more than welcome, I can pay :wink:

Looking forward to the craic of the league anyhow....

Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:15 am
Selling plater

Thanks guys for the warm welcome back wanted to ask when you export a horse does stamina matter and how do you get the stamina bar up lol i know its a noob question but i need a winner this season haha!

Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:45 pm
Group 1 winner

timmy0412 wrote:
Thanks guys for the warm welcome back wanted to ask when you export a horse does stamina matter and how do you get the stamina bar up lol i know its a noob question but i need a winner this season haha!

Mainly breeding and luck - to be honest with you :-)

Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:50 pm
Group 2 winner

Stamina varies depending on the dstance a horse runs. More stamina isn't always the answer to a problem.

Flat:
My sprinters have only about 5% stamina, Milers about 10 - 20% stamina, middle distance about 50% stamina and long distance about 100% stamina.

Jumps:
My 2 milers have about 20 - 40% stamina, my 2m 4f horses have about 40 - 60% stamina and the longer distances about 100% stamina.

To get more stamina into your horses you will have to find a gamebred horse, preferrably a stallion, with the kind of stamina you require and just breed and breed with him until you get the stamina you require.

I have found the best two ways to get a stallion are start a new game and don't worry about racing horses, just visit every weekly auction and buy every stallion available to you and check the stamina, if he is no good sell him or my preferred option is to start a new game on easy mode, check the horses supplied by the AI, if they are no good, start another new game etc..

Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:43 pm
Group 1 winner

Highly recommend cross breeding by that i mean breed your best miler with your best 2 miler you will get a decent 1m4 horse
some decent 1m6 horses I always do this as the last throw of the dice to see if they are better than what I have.

Breeding stamina is easy just breed with a horse who's best distance is slightly higher also breeding miler with a miler
can sometimes throw up a 1m2 horse but the quicker way is breed a miler with a 1m4 horse.

Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next