View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 League Breeding Schedule 
Group 2 winner

Post League Breeding Schedule
I don't know if anyone would be interested in this, but I find the standard schedule that comes with SO6 too cumbersome when breeding league horses, so I made up a short schedule that lasts for 4 months.

I found this to be about the correct length of time to give a maximum of 4 races to each horse and still leave enough time to breed a good number of horses. I have found that horses don't improve with more than 4 races per season.

I filled the schedule with mostly UK based group 1 races with a sprinkling of overseas races to fill in the gaps when there were no UK races. The other major addition was creating more top quality sprint and long distances races especially for 2yo.

It is a flat schedule but I use it for breeding both my flat horses and my jumpers up to 3 miles. I think Paul and some other trainers maybe do something similiar.

Because I have modified some of the races you also need to download the _showc_f.dat file.

Just a word of caution with regards the _showc_f.dat file. Make a copy of the original file so that you can revert back if you don't like the schedule.

The schedule goes in documents\exports\schedules\1

https://app.box.com/s/2i78c0e61kspwdpazn8xgbnz51rmo3sq

The _showc_f.dat file goes in C:\program files (86)\starters orders 6\data\1

https://app.box.com/s/jl379h2n99l81zz9cuur263ik7wp31wj

Like I said, this is purely a breeding schedule and there are some things that may seem a little odd. For instance, the first set of group races for 2yo never have any AI horses in them. This doesn't matter. I just enter my own horses and get easy group wins.

There is also a 21 day gap at the end of the season with no races. This is so that when a horse has its 4th race, there is time for its fitness to build up to 100% before exporting to the CK.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:37 am
Group 2 winner

Post Re: League Breeding Schedule
Something I forgot add above.

With this short schedule, I breed a season in about 20 minutes and a new generation of horses in about two hours. It's a quick way to experiment with new breeding tactics\horses. I produce loads of horses for the CK.

Unfortuneately, it is still a laborious task to trial all these new horses.

Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:27 pm
Group 1 winner

I Use a sched from July to November as you say you can run 4 times and recover in time to export at end of season
4 runs is perfect for exporting sometimes i export with 5 runs but that because they need it to get rid of the light green

Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:39 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I Honestly dont know how people can trial all there horses at once man id be ready for the looney bin
i love my one distance at a time and trial way but looking at SO7 i might have to change.

Hopefully there will be a much beter filter system and folders in the CK i gave up in SO6 i could never
get it to work right.

Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:41 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
I Honestly dont know how people can trial all there horses at once man id be ready for the looney bin
i love my one distance at a time and trial way but looking at SO7 i might have to change.

Hopefully there will be a much beter filter system and folders in the CK i gave up in SO6 i could never
get it to work right.

I am the same. I breed one diatance at a time and usually have sent enough horses after 5 seasons to CK, then I trial that one distance against my previous best horses at that distance. Sometimes that whole generation stink and thay are all scrapped and sometimes there are a few gems amonst them.

I totally agree with you about the folder system in the CK. It needs to act and respond more like standard windows where you can have sub-folders, re-name folders, move groups of horses between folders rather than one horse at a time.

Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:31 pm
Group 1 winner

Wannabe wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

get it to work right.

I am the same. I breed one diatance at a time and usually have sent enough horses after 5 seasons to CK, then I trial that one distance against my previous best horses at that distance. Sometimes that whole generation stink and thay are all scrapped and sometimes there are a few gems amonst them.

I totally agree with you about the folder system in the CK. It needs to act and respond more like standard windows where you can have sub-folders, re-name folders, move groups of horses between folders rather than one horse at a time.

That would be perfect i used to do it outside the game have folders for each age distance etc
but then we no longer had access to the horse files

Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Thanks for posting this Jim.
I am getting nearer to a point in my stock game where 'soon-ish' my horses will start winning all the time.
I will probably give your schedule a go early next year - leading into the last SO6 season.

Doug

Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:49 pm
Group 2 winner

My approach to breeding for the league.

I start a new game with the short schedule, sell the 5 horses the AI gives me. Usually get about £2 million for them. Whatever distance I want to breed, I import one stallion and 5 mares from ttf file.

The first big races come about 2 weeks into the schedule, so I enter the best horse I have imported into a race and bet all my money on the horse. I usually end up with about £5 million. This is planty of money.

I then go and buy all the stable improvements, breeding barn etc..

Send the imported horses to stud and breed them.

The next season I import another 6 horses. Usually, it is a different stallion but the same 5 mares. ( I don't have many good mares, but plenty of stallions).

I repeat the importing of horses 2 more times until there are 24 horses in the barn.

I usually breed for about 3 or 4 seasons, until I have produced at least 12 good 2yo fillies and 12 good 2yo colts. Usually it's about 12 fillies and 20 colts.

After that it is running horses in 4 races a season and exporting to the CK. I never send the horses I breed to the breeding barn, only to ttf filles.

When I have exported all that generation of horses to the CK, I then trial these new horses against my previous best horses at that distance.

I then start a new game again and repeat the process again, sometimes with the same distance and use the new horses I have bred and sometimes a different distance.

This method gives me a short, quick breeding cycle with lots of new horses.

One other thing I should mention. Because I am breeding only one distance you can have 6 horses all eligible for the same race. This does not matter. All that is important is giving each horse 4 races. Results in the game don't matter, it is results in the CK that matter.

Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]