View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Meet the Jump Team 
Group 1 winner

Post Meet the Jump Team
Jump Team

The Jumps team has also seen a bit of work for this season, with 4 UK breeding cycles and a stable expansion into Ireland though it was not especially successful in terms of league entrants it did yield some decent breeding horses whose offspring made the team. Would obviously like to better my 8 G1 wins from last season and overall total of 39 wins but with two returning horses I remain unconvinced about how much ground I have actually made up on the top boys.

Hurdlers

The 4YO’s

The Irish Connection – 2m - Novice

Sire – Alabama – No league form
Dam – The Paddywhacker – No league form

This impressive front running hurdler has a lineage that is largely born out of my flat team lines, and as a 4yo will compete well with the older horses as a result. No connection to the Irish expansion stable, her sire ‘Alabama’ who was also a decent 4yo hurdler comes out of the US flat barn and brings speed and potential to the table, whereas her dam also more of a flat breed can tie her breeding back to ‘The Mountain’ with some more hurdling form 3 generations back. Likely the pick of my two 4yo hurdlers and my best NHF horse, out and out front runner who stays well and will prove difficult to run down. Graded class, will see G1 action.

Kingdom of Nuts – 2m – Novice

Sire – Hazelnut Latte – No league form
Dam – Kingdom of Hate – G2 hurdle winner

Another horse who has mixed breeding, her sire is an older line of my flat team and is just one generation removed from league G1 flat winner ‘Mocha Latte’. Her dam is where the jumping pedigree comes in ‘Kingdom of Hate’ G2 winner from last year, whose extended lineage includes 3x G1 2m hurdler also from last year ‘Kingdom of Titans’. Further back from that champion hurdle runner up ‘Chess’ from season 5 also features. Like all the ‘Kingdom’ blood line she likes to leave it late and thrown down her challenge in the closing stages. May also be used as a Chaser and a NHF horse. Lower tier graded race potential.

The 5YO’s

The Show – 2m

Sire – Kingdom of Beasts – No league form (in the Jumps team)
Dam – The Irish Connection – No league form (in the Jumps team)

One of my more recent jump breeds produced the horse I think is the pick of my 2m hurdle class. His sire ‘Kingdom of Beasts’ has G2 league pedigree from last years horse ‘Kingdom of Hate’ and ‘The Mountain’ along with ‘Kingdom of Titans’ are also there once again in his more extended lineage. His dam the front running ‘The Irish Connection’ as said above has more in the way of flat form. The result is a fast finishing hurdler who likes to hold mid pack, though has been known to front run on occasion. Is my most likely Champion Hurdle candidate, though he can also chase if his jumping holds. Grade 1 class I figure.

Kingdom of Beasts 2m – Novice

Sire – The Beast – No league form
Dam – Kingdom of Hate – G2 winner

Another flat/jump breed mix, where his Sire ‘The Beast’ hails from none other than ‘The Mountain’ and was more than capable in both codes coupled with his dam ‘Kingdom of Hate’ again who brings deep and rich hurdle pedigree to the table. Supreme Novice will be the end goal, expect graded class, with potential to challenge at G1, may also see some time running NHF. As with most of the Kingdom line, will leave it late to challenge.

Fallen Shamrock – 2m

Sire – Fallen Kingdom – No league form
Dam – Shamrock – No league form

Took the place formerly occupied by her sire in the final round of trials and has jump class throughout her lineage. ‘Fallen Kingdom’ himself connects to the various ‘Kingdom of’ horses, Titans, Hate and Beasts, in addition to another G2 winner from last season ‘In Estate of Decline’. Her dam was born out of the Irish stable experiment and you can once again find ‘Alabama’ in her breeding along with league team entrant ‘Fatal Moonshine’ and a breed mare ‘Drunken Witch’ who had a hand in 2 other hurdle team members. Will throw down the gauntlet to ‘The Show’ for the spot in the Champion Hurdle. Graded class

Ever Seen the Rain – 2m – Novice

Dam – Kingdom of Nuts – No league form (in the Jumps team)

One of the weakest of my 2m hurdle team who mainly takes her place in the team as she is also an effective chaser and NHF horse. But she is certainly no mug herself, and the lineage is first rate with ‘Alabama’ as her sire and league team entrant ‘Kingdom of Nuts’ her dam with her rich hurdle pedigree covered above. Will challenge my respective 2m chase/hurdle novices for the Arkle and the Supreme respectively.

Eagle Has Landed – 2.4m

Sire – The Mountain – No league form (in the Flat team)
Dam – In Estate of Decline – G2 winner

For a very long time my top 2.4m trial hurdler, slipped down the ranking more recently, a point that does give me a little hope for the season. His sire needs no introduction ‘The Mountain’ who seems to have his hand is a lot of my successful breeding on both flat and jumps. His dam brings more direct jumping ability to the plate tapping into the ‘Estate’ breeding line from ‘In Estate of Decline’ directly and this line is responsible for a stack of good hurdlers and chasers in my barn and team. May have graded potential, and I am confident in his handicap ability, ranges down to 2.2m.

Fatal Moonshine – 2.4m

Dam – Drunken Witch – No league form

My top 2.4m hurdle horse based on trial results, though there is a hairs breath between him and ‘Pursuit of Magic’ below. His sire ‘Alabama’ pops up again in a league horse for the third time in the hurdle team with again largely flat pedigree, his dam is one generation removed from last years 2x G1 winning 3m hurdler ‘Sympathy for the Devil’ and the extended lineage is not bad either. Coral will be the aim depending on his weight. Graded class I think

Pursuit of Magic – 2.4m – Novice

Sire – Magic Mix – No league form
Dam – In Pursuit – No league form

Took centre stage with ‘Fatal Moonshine’ in my last set of trials largely to my surprise, but when looking at the lineage in more detail it is easy for me to see where the class comes from. His sire ‘Magic Mix’ has an extended lineage that includes a number of good ‘Estate’ line horses including last years ‘In Estate of Change’ several generation back, but in the more recent period I added G1 flat potential from ‘The Right Mix’ directly bred from G1 winners ‘Pumpkin and ‘Mocha Latte’ that then sprinkled back into another estate line horse produced his sire. His dam ‘In Pursuit’ also has both short and long standing jump pedigree, and was herself a team contender at both hurdles and fences, ‘The Wraith’ and ‘In Estate of Decline’ the most notable. Neptune will be the target for him. Graded class I think.

Kingdom of Purgatory – 2.4m

Sire – Eagle has Landed – No league form (in the Jumps team)
Dam – Kingdom of Havoc – No league form

In the lower tier of my 2.4m hurdlers, sired by team entrant ‘Eagle has Landed’ which reintroduces us to ‘The Mountain’ and ‘In Estate of Decline’. His dam ‘Kingdom of Havoc’ also connects to three familiar faces ‘Kingdom of Titans’ ‘Kingdom of Hate’ and ‘Alabama’. Breeding is there and trial form suggests graded class, will certainly be in contention in the handicaps. And he is a ‘Kingdom’ horse, so does his best work late.

Kingdom of Ireland – 2.4m

Sire – The Blarney Stone – No league form
Dam – Kingdom of Angels – No league form

The single entrant from the Irish stable expansion project and my only mare at 2.4 hurdles, though she is just about there on merit. The class is also to be seen in the lineage again, with ‘The Blarney Stone’ being the product of team entrants ‘Fatal Moonshine’ and ‘Law of Consequence’, with ‘Alabama’ again only two generations back. Her dam was a failed ‘Kingdom’ horse herself but the lineage includes the usual suspects ‘Titans’, ‘Hate’ and ‘Beasts’. David Nicholson’s at Cheltenham will be the target.

Eights A Mystery – 3m – Novice

Sire – In Estate of Mystery – No league form
Dam – Eight to Lose – No league form (in the Jumps team)

My top 3m novice hurdler, sired by ‘In Estate of Mystery’ who was for a long time top cat in trials at 2.4m and 3m both over hurdles and fences, the ‘Estate’ line has a long jumps pedigree generally. His dam also has some common names in her breeding G1 winner ‘Law of Consequence’ ‘In Estate of Mystery’ again, and another recently usurped team member ‘Argurious of Sparta’ who’d be in the team if it were not for a lineage clash with another. Graded potential maybe challenging for G1 novice races.

Hexbag – 3m

Dam – Drunken Witch – No league form

Another late place snatcher in the final trials and another who only made sense when I checked the lineage. Sired by ‘In Estate of Mystery’ is no bad place to start and with a dam who includes 2x G1 3m hurdle winner ‘Sympathy for the Devil’ one generation back it starts to make sense. Does like to loiter at the back so will likely suffer from the pull up curse from time to time, but on her a game she’s my world hurdle shout. Graded class, likely G1.

Spartan Law – 3m – Novice

Sire – Argurious of Sparta – No league form
Dam – Law of Consequence – G1 winner

Takes a place in the hurdle team, whilst knocking another out of my chase team due to a lineage clash. She will also chase and from the lineage it is clear to see why. Her sire ‘Argurious of Sparta’ who also would have made the team on ability alone is the product of familiar names ‘Law of Consequence’ and ‘In Estate of Mystery’ and with the former taking the role of the dam the breeding looks solid if a little sordid at the same time. Graded class and will be the natural cover to my chase and hurdle 3m novices.

Ground Pounder – 3m

Sire – Eagle has Landed – No league form (in the Jumps team
Dam – Eight to Lose – No league form (in the Jumps team)

On paper, or rather trial form, the weaker of my two 3m hurdlers, but will seek to challenge for a shot at the world hurdle. The lineage speaks for itself with the sire ‘Eagle has Landed’ and with a dam ‘Eight to Lose’ who is in the chase team and has breeding markers including ‘Argurious of Sparta’ ‘Law of Consequence’ and ‘In Estate of Mystery’ he’s another I have some faith in. Grade race potential, certain to feature in the handicaps.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:17 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Meet the Jump Team
Chasers

Shesa Animal – 2m

Sire – The Beast – No league form
Dam – Law of Nature – No league form

Has been my top 2m chaser for some time, but also flirted with the flat team as a 2yo, the breeding is not surprisingly mixed, her sire ‘The Beast’ brings ‘The Mountain’ back onto the list in team breeding and himself has directly sired 3 league team members. Her dam was a mix between G1 flat horse ‘Mocha Latte’ and G1 chaser ‘Law of Consequence’ whilst herself being solid in both codes. Will go for the Queen Mother, has been on occasion been a lazy jumper. Graded class

Unto the Breach – 2m

Sire – Another Day to Pillage – No league form
Dam – Shesa Animal – No league form (in the Jumps team)

Go back four generations on the side of her sire ‘Another Day to Pillage’, who very nearly made the grade, and there is flat breeding that included my 1m 2000 guineas horse of last season, more recently the breeding markers include G1 Arkle winner of last season ‘Stay Another Day’ add this to the dam who leads my 2m chase team ‘Shesa Animal’ and you have sound mix for reasoned expectations, likely 4th on the pecking order, could flirt with graded class.

Sky High – 2m – Novice

Sire – Release the Beast – No league form
Dam – High Class – No league form

A 6f flat horse this one who has no real business being a chaser. His sire ‘Release the Beast’ has been introduced many times in the flat team write up and it is from his side the single chase horse can been seen ‘In Estate of Decline’. His dam ‘High Class’ is all sprinters breeding and on the old side of my bloodlines, certainly prior to me making my breakthrough with ‘Release the Beast’. But he is the 2nd best 2m chaser on the books, least on trial form, so the Arkle will be the target for a horse I hope to be graded class.

Legal Framework – 2m

Sire – Stepping Stones – No league form

Rangy chaser who will switch comfortably from 2m to 2.4m if it were not for the 3f rule, and is top three in both distances on trial. Her sire ‘Stepping Stones’ was the result of a mix breed between a failed sprinter and league horse champion hurdle runner up ‘Chess’, though he was less than impressive in trial. Her dam delivers class from G1 winner ‘Law of Consequence’ again. Could go either end of her spectrum in the big races so keeps the Queen Mother and the Ryanair in her sights. Reasonably sure she will be graded class.

In Estate of Shock – 2.4m - Novice

Sire – In Estate of Madness – No league form (in the Jumps team)
Dam – Mysterious Ceremony – No league form

Would not be my chase team really if there was not a horse called ‘In Estate’ though there is a fair amount of inbreeding in her lineage. Her sire ‘In Estate of Madness’ is the pick of my 2.4m chasers and again has familiar breeding markers with ‘Law of Consequence’ and ‘In Estate of Mystery’ involved. Her dam ‘Mysterious Ceremony’ also has the later of those two in her breeding and further back there are other also ran graded class league horses from last season. Handicap/graded class, likes to leave it late and may also see some time over hurdles, though only as a lack a pure novice hurdler at this distance.

In Estate of Madness – 2.4m

Has a lineage that by now speaks for itself with two directly familiar names, also shares exact parentage with ‘Argurious of Sparta’ who missed a deserved team place as a result. Will be the natural candidate for the Ryanair, depending on form, and I am reasonably sure this hold up runner will feature in graded class races, unlikely to hurdle as I see nothing on trial form, but always a possibility if the races fall that way.

Law of Consequence – 2.4m

Sire – Enchanted Moment – 2nd place St Ledger, 5th place The Derby last season
Dam – The Perfect Foil – No league form

G1 Melling Chase winner from last season who has a distinctly flat looking lineage from her sire ‘Enchanted Moment’. Not that her dam adds much in that respect either, with no breeding of note, but she chased really well last season and looks to be in top form again for this. Trials as well if not better than the new generation and that alone could be an indication that I have not really improved at all. We’ll leave that thought there and assume she just got much much better as a 6yo :).

In Nominee Padre – 2.4m - Novice

Sire – Sympathy for the Devil – 2x G1 3m Hurdle winner

Lineage here speaks for itself, in a horse I bred some time ago and who has never really lost her spot, ultra-consistent in trial, even if she does not always beat the others in the top group, 2nd or rarely lower the 3rd circa 80% of the time. Likely going to head to Cheltenham for the Golden Miller though will battle ‘In Estate of Shock’ along the way. Graded potential seems likely from the breeding.

Eight to Lose – 3m

Dam – Pieces of Eight – No league form

An attempt to improve my distance horses saw a cross bred between sire ‘Argurious of Sparta’ who is discussed frequently above and Dam ‘Pieces of Eight’ who is from a flat line that features G1 winner ‘Mocha Latte’ The result has been a new line in my barn the ‘Eights’ who have already seen a mention in the hurdle write up and seem to have chase and hurdle pedigree. This girl will happily hurdle and chase at 2.4m and chase up to 3m, again 3f rule notwithstanding. Not entirely convincing in the final round of trails so I figure a handicapper and low grade horse who can fill in a range of races.

Snowstorm – 3m

Dam – Crystal Maze – No league form

Always cheers me up to see a white horse make my 3m chase team as I know the lineage goes back a long way and has included G1 and G2 winners in the last two leagues. ‘The Wraith’ and ‘Café Au Lait’ specifically from last season. I’d call them the ‘white line’ if it were not likely to get me banned ;) and it is dam ‘Crystal Maze’ who is a descendant of that line. Sire ‘Argurious of Sparta’ adds familiarity and quality at the same time. Could challenge for the Gold Cup, certainly expect to see him on G1 race cards.

Messy Conclusion – 3m – Novice

Dam – In Estate of Grandeur – No league form

Been in the mix for a long time now and has already understood and discussed pedigree in her lineage. Sired by ‘In Estate of Mystery’ and mixed with dam ‘In Estate of Grandeur’ who herself was a class act and direct product of the ‘Estate’ line and the ‘White’ mixing, specifically ‘The Wraith’ and last years league horse ‘In Estate of Change’. Looks solid for a novice chaser and I am hoping she will be knocking on the graded door this season. If only she was white.

Gathering Pace – 3m

Sire – Snails Pace – No league form (in the Jumps team)
Dam – Not the Full Shilling – No league form

Trial form suggests she is my best 3m+ chaser and will be another looking towards the Gold Cup. Her sire has a three generation old connection to the ‘Estate’ and ‘White’ line, though more recently has been mixed with my largely failed national breeding programme ‘Snails Pace’ mentioned later in the team. Her dam though is quality and an Irish barn breed who nearly made the team at 2.4m ‘Not the Full Shilling’ whose breeding markers also include ‘Fatal Moonshine’ in the hurdle team and that old favourite ‘Alabama’ Graded class, pretty confident in that.

The Wraith – 3.4m

Sire – Great White Hope – Gold Cup runner up from 2 seasons back
Dam – Reflected Estate – Failed league horse

My second returning horse is a G1 Hennessey winner from last season, whose sire ‘Great White Hope’ was the originator of the now long standing ‘white’ line. The original ‘Estate’ is one generation removed on her dam ‘Reflected Estate’s’ side. Really is like going back in time looking at that and like ‘Law of Consequence’ above the horse that maybe tells me I have actually stood still in breeding. The one thing that has changed now she is 7yo is that she can no longer keep up at 3m, so there maybe hope yet, and it is at 3.4m that she will now challenge. Some concern about the number and quality of races for a horse already rated in the 160’s at this distance so may not be here pass week 5. Still nice to see her back.

Snails Pace – 4m

Sire – Jacobs Ladder – No league form
Dam – Exhausted – No league form

Desperate for a National horse I threw my then top 3m chaser his sire ‘Jacobs Ladder’ who has long since fallen away in the pecking order at dam ‘Exhausted’ whose breeding does include league form in the shape of last years horses ‘National Sensation’ and ‘Tiresome Lass’. ‘Law of Consequence’ is also in the lineage three generations removed. The result was this 3m chaser, least on paper who in trial stays and wins at 4m. Fairly sure this one and indeed the other ‘Snail’ below, will live up to their names, but it’s the National, got to have something in it. Handicapper and likely not a good one.

Snail Trail – 4m

Sire – Snails Pace – No league form (in the Jumps team)
Dam – On Beneded Knee – No league form

The 2nd of the ‘Snails’ which will either become my new National breeding line or be consigned to the scrap heap after this league. Comes in a year older than his sire ‘Snails Pace’ as the jumper got a lot better and that cannot hurt around Aintree. Dam ‘On Bended Knee’ is a direct descendent from ‘National Sensation’ again and likely marks him as a handicapper also. Stays to 4.2m so will be the 2nd horse the National unless I can wrangle something better before week 5.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Thanks Josh I Enjoy things like this with details.

Gray

Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Jumps Team

After a really successful last season, the jumps team has been improved over all distances due to the existence of some exceptional sires, and I have improved the balance of the team with less Novices, which should mean the stable will be competitive again. Although it will be hard to top last seasons performance at Cheltenham. My stable has definitely benefited from concentrating on the NH team. Even my flat game is geared to producing soft ground jump specialists as a result the stable possesses a number of big fast jumpers

Open

Paradys 2 mile hurdler

Sire Enter Sandman ( multiple Grade 1 league winning hurdler )
Dam Tap at My Window ( winner of Queen Mother in league )

Grey mare that flattered to deceive last season, hitting the front only for her stamina to give way over the last furlong. The extra year has improved her stamina and she is already graded placed. However the extra stamina means she now stays 2 miles easily. She is a better hurdler but can perform well over fences.

Yunkai 2 mile hurdler

Sire Master Print
Dam Witches Sticks ( In league stable )

Out of prolific dam Witches Sticks, excels on the tighter tracks. Very much the stable second string 2 mile hurdler, but should give a good account of himself and pick up a win or two

Parallel Universe 2 mile chaser

Sire Folsom Prison ( in league stable as a novice hurdler )
Dam Witches Sticks ( In league stable )

High class chaser, who will arrive on the seen very late. I am expecting the pace to be good in the NH races so should thrive under those conditions> She is an excellent jumper and the softer the ground the better. Main target is the Queen Mother

Solo Dancer 2 mile chaser

Sire Flight Deck
Dam Small Council

Flat bred mare, rare for my stable, who is equally at home over fences or hurdles. Winner of the guineas, she excelled with the move to the NH stable performing well over both hurdles and fences. Comes from off the pace like most of my stable and expecting some big performances from her

Honey Badger 2m3 hurdler/chaser

Sire Solar Wind ( NH bred League winning juvenile sprinter )
Dam Ionsphere ( Front running league winning handicapper over both hurdles and chases )

A versatile filly, who is in is best over 2m2 or 2m3. In the same mold as Doctor Watson who performed well over the same distances, and like Doctor Watson will 2 miles to sharp. Likes to leave it late so expect her to running on at the finish

Rise and Rule 2m4 hurdler

Sire Arabian Night ( In league flat team )
Dam Half Breed

An anomaly in that both dam and sire could not get further than 2 miles. Stays 3 miles at a push but excels over 2 miles 4. Can't jump well so fences are out of the question, but possesses a lethal turn of foot and will be running on strongly at the finish

Dancing Champ 2m4 hurdler

Sire Greatjon Umber
Dam Rockets ( Handicap winner in the Flat League )

Very mediocre in game over the flat and jumps, but excels in the race kit. Likes it soft and prefers hurdles to fences. Stable second string over this distance, and may plot a handicap route with him, with the coral cup in mind

Sail Away 2m5 Chaser

Sire Organized Religion ( Prolific sire of top class jumpers very high jumping stats )
Dam Silent Running

One of the stable stars. Aimed at the Rynair, and leaves one of last seasons stars Avicenna trailing in her wake. An exceptional jumper who does not have to be far back and can take the lead earlier if needed. Expecting to gain some black type with her and should be thereabouts in graded races

Hit the North 2m4 chaser

Sire Cabalistic Seal
Dam The Bard

Bred for much further sire won the god cup and dam the grand national, but her age 2m4 is s far as she gets. Although I have had similar types surprise me by getting further in the league. Last horse to be added to stable so not expecting much

Aurora 3m hurdler

Sire Female Trouble
Dam Tangible Promise

Chase bred hurdler, who finally managed to improve my 3mile hurdle division after seasons of disappointments. Better than world hurdle winner Shylock but ideally best over 3m1 and will need things to fall right to stand a chance to emulate Shylock. Likes it soft and like almost all of mine comes from the back

Son in die Weste 3 mile hurdler

sire Druidic Lore
dam Purple Patch ( League winning hurdle )

Stable second string but runs up wit the pace. So it may be that the league style of running suits. Dam was just off the pace of the top grade 1 3 mile hurdlers 2 seasons back so has the pedigree to run well

Roman Ghost 3 mile chaser

Sire Roman de la Rose ( In league flat team )
Dam Ghost Wind ( Graded league handicap winning chaser )

Out of prolific sire Roman de la Rose. Has the distinction of been stable best horse over 2m5, 3m and 3m3, albeit at different ages. At her peak at 6 and brilliant over 3 miles way better than multiple grade 1 and gold cup winner Hereditary Rule so expecting a massive season. It will be hard to top Hereditary Rule but hoping she can do it. Likes Kempton so King George is the target initially. We shall see where she goes after that.

Bad Behaviour 3 mile chaser

Sire Hereditary Rule ( Multiple grade 1 winning chaser including Gold Cup in teh league)
Dam Lead Ghost ( Grade 1 winning League hurdler )

Bred in the purple and is better than his sire, however bumped into a really special one in stable star Roman Ghost so will probably be running in the lesser races as a result. However is top class and should win a number of races

Jungle Cove 3m3 chaser

Sire Good News
Dam Morning Talks

Unfashionable sire and dam but has Hereditary Rule on both sides of his blood lines. Through in Grade 1 league winning Omnipotence, Gunfire and Galactic Civilization as well and its no surprise that he has excelled. Loves Auteil and may be an alternative for the god cup if Roman Ghost does not live up to expectations

Lancelot du Lac 3m3 to 3m5 chaser

Sire First Installment
Dam Civil Disobedience

Another who has Hereditary Rule on both sides of his bloodline. Hoping to pick up a graded handicap with him. Goes well over hurdles, but may run too well early season and get handicapped out of the big graded races. Hennessy and Welsh National are on his target path. A big horse, who is an excellent fast jumper so should be able to carry weight

The Waif 3m5 chaser

Sire Warlord
Dam Ghost Wind ( Graded handicap winner in league )

Big strong jumper. who likes less cut in the ground and Auteil. Has Hereditary Rule, Enter Sandman, Spice of Life and Wind Power ( all graded winners in the NH league ) in her bloodline so should give her a good account of herself

Mirri Maz Dur 4m4 chaser

Sire Serf ( prolific long distance sire )
Dam Beach Bonanza ( High class league chaser )

Probably will get a very high weight in the Grand National but can carry weight. Will aim at the big long distance staying races without concern or weight. Held in very high regard

Bargain Well Struck 4m4 chaser

Sire Serf ( prolific long distance sire )
Dam Sharp Retort

Will try sneak into the grand national under the radar and may stand a chance as a result, but Miri Maz Dur is way better and will require a large amount of weight to beat her

Novices

Serenissima 2m hurdler

Sire Hegemony ( League winner of the Champion Hurdler )
Dam Compensation Morea ( Graded League winning hurdler known for here terrific finish )

Like her sire and dam will come from far off the pace, but like both of them has a terrific burst of speed. Likes the hill at Cheltenham and cut in the ground. Could be a revelation !!!

Last Mystery 2m chaser

Sire Arabian Night ( In League Flat team )
Dam Metempsychosis

Terrible over hurdles but a revelation switched to fences. 2 miles will be too sharp on the easier tracks and when there is not enough cut in the ground. But Cheltenham suits so hoping for a big run in the Arkle

Arm of the Law 2m chaser / hurdler / bumpers

Sire Caparison
Dam Honey Badger ( In League NH team )

Races handier than normal for my stable but is the utility horse who will run in the lesser races or possibly bumpers and her performances in these races will indicate the route she will take

Bread and Butter 2m5 hurdler

Sire Championship ( Multiple Grade winning hurdler )
Dam Ionsphere ( Triple league handicap winner over hurdles and chases )

Standout hurdle who is in the novice section to hunt the the big races in Auteil. Expecting here to emulate her sire and big up some graded wins

In Cahoots 2m4 chaser

Sire Halfway House
Dam Aderyn Llych Gwin ( Graded placed in the flat League )

By rights shouldn't stay this far, but performed well stepped up in trip in trials and although sprint flat bred seems to relish the extra distance over fences

Full Metal Jacket 3m hurdler

Sire Shylock ( League winner of World Hurdle )
Dam Son in die Weste ( in NH league team )

Unfortunately not quite as good as his sire or dam for that matter. Hoping the standard in novices is a bit lower so he can pick up some races

Brace For Impact 3m chaser

Sire Secularism
Dam Lead Ghost ( League winning chaser and hurdler )

Won a number of handicaps in the flat league season, but has been a revelation switched to fences and with her love for Cheltenham making her a strong fancy for the RSA chase. Aiming to be my first horse to win in both the flat and NH leagues

Bran The Builder 3m chaser

Sire Eastward Ho
Dam Cafe Terrace ( League winning chaser )

Half brother of Hereditary Rule. The only race handy horse in my stable. Not as good as his half brother, but should be good enough to win some races and his run style may allow him to steal some races

Juveniles

Super Witch 2m hurdler / bumper

Sire Super Fortress
Dam Witches Sticks ( In League NH team )

Slightly better than her mother over hurdles. Comes from a long way back so may need a lot of luck in running

Witches Sticks 2m hurdler /chaser / bumper

Sire Sticks and Stones ( mediocre league horse who was retired over 5 poor runs )
Dam Witches Cauldron

Sire was a poor performer in league but was the catalyst for the overhaul of my 2 mile division Witches Sticks is a high class brood mare but is good enough in her own right to be in the team

Hoping for a good season from my soft ground, hold up horses ( which goes against the league trend ) I should be challenging for the NH title but have no chance in both the dual championship and the Flat league

Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:46 pm
Group 2 winner

Here are my bunch of handicappers.

Hurdlers
2m Schumacher

Sire Bartley
Dam Tobago (League winner and ran for 3 years)

Back for a 3rd season and only rated 78 so very confident of some good runs especially early in the seaon. Won the Sanserv handicap hurdle at Galway last season will be looking to complete the double

2m2 Pencombe

Sire Hereford (Poor league handicapper)
Dam Iran

Flat bred debutant who is equally as good over fences. However, probably the worst worse in the stable and unfortunately just making up the numbers

2m4 Tribago

Sire Triggerlo
Dam Tobago (League winner and ran for 3 years)

Back for a 2nd season and lost her maiden tag at Auteuil in the final week of last season. Will be aimed at this but off a starting mark of 80 has plenty of early season chances

3m Sutton

Sire Ashton (4 season stable star and winner of Silver Cup and Peter Marsh)
Dam Benjalong

2nd season maiden but ran into the money a few times last season. Starts off 81 which is workable, almost as good over the bigger obstables but a chase rating of 105 looks too steep

Chasers

2m Pipe and Lyde

Sire Mexico (Former league handicapper)
Dam Lady Storm

Flat bred debutant taking over from the awful Leominster. My 2m chasers are usually weak so not confident

2m4 Lauda

Sire Unknown
Dam Unknown

2nd season maiden who went close towards the end of last season and off 85 should be competitve again

3m Scheckter

Sire Hever Road
Dam Battleoftrafalgar Bromyard

New member of the team but did not really trial that as well as Sutton and Ashton outperformed him but were better over other trips. Making up the numbers (probably)

3m2 Stretford

Dam Spurned

Second season who was a hurdler last season, upped in trip and has a mark of 93 to play with

3m5 Ashton

Sire South Africa (Poor league flat handicapper)
Dam Wrekin Sunset

4th year with this stable legend. After 2 years on the flat was a revelation over fences last year winning the Silver Cup at Ascot and the Peter Marsh at Haydock. Up in trip this year and will aim for the Welsh and Irish nationals as well the Whitbread. May even make the ferry to France for their big G1's. Starts off 144 so early races maybe tough

4m Stoke Lacy

Dam Mythie

Another great horse for the stable winning the 3m5 Paul Moores final last season. Now 7 and upped in trip so will aim for the Scottish grand national but will try to qualify to defend her crown. Starts off 118 so still something to work with.

4m2 + Massa

Sire Flying Trader
Dam Senna

Number 1 national hope but is only 8 which is a slight concern.

4m2+ Elfburg

Sire Elfaaten
Dam Burghill

Won a lowly race last season and now 9 so will go down the national route. Not sure the horse is good enough though. Starts off 101 which needs bringing down to be competitive in lowly races

Novices

2m Arnoux

Sire Battleoftrafalgar Transmit
Dam Micronesia Schumacher

My juveniles are normally pretty poor and but will try and be aimed at the Fred Winter

2m4 Yarpole

Sire Jackie Stewart
Dam Pontrilas

Trialled just behind Tribago over hurdles. Fences could be a problem

3m Tillington

Sire Hamilton
Dam Bromyard Battleoftrafalgar

Nothing special at all and really making up the numbers

Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]