View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Guineas EXtra Entry 
Group 1 winner

Post Guineas EXtra Entry
Anyone want to run 2 horses in either Guineas this week please list your second horse in this thread.

REMEMBER Group 1 Limit applies and all entered Trainers get a run before Second horse can run and its done by Ratings in some races we have Max and Min but not for Uk Classics.

Gray

Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Guineas EXtra Entry
1000 Guineas - Excess
2000 Guineas - Cape Thorne

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

gotta say really not a fan of this new rule so will only be entering 1 in each

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:10 pm
Group 2 winner

I know I would only be entering a 90 odd rated outsider but if this was implemented in this or other group races and the top trainers all entered 2 I will be withdrawing my horse.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:24 pm
Group 1 winner

If Trainers don't like it we will switch back to 1 entry in Group Races after Week 5.

Gray

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

simpleminds wrote:
If Trainers don't like it we will switch back to 1 entry in Group Races after Week 5.

Gray

Hang on lads i was against it in the first place and did not think 5 extra slots was a good idea
but was happy to go with what the majority wanted to do.

but the rules were changed and these ideas were bought in everyone knew about them so why during
the season people are now kicking up about it is a bit beyond me we had long debates at the end
of last season to try and avoid making changes during the season as i stated in the first place i was
against trainers running more than one my team was built around the new rules.

If Gray makes a decision it should be followed chopping and changing things to try and please everyone does
not work plain and simple i tried that in my time as president and it was a complete nightmare bending over
backwards to try and please veryone.

Dont get me wrong im not upset I just get a bit aggrieved when we do one thing a few days later we decide to go back
and a few days late we change it back again just feel there is no real clarity on where we are going no disrespect intended to anyone.

Gray id make it one runner per classic from now before the guineas are run at least we will all know where we stand.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:51 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Your 3yo’s are more than good enough to take on most people’s older horses. I do not like the rule but it was agreed and I am generally inclined to agree it should not now be changed mid flight.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:57 pm
Group 1 winner

OK we said we do it I don't want to stop until after this season we thought this was the last for SO6 so we made a few Changes to have a look if it fails we can revert Back on the more than 1 Entry on Group Races.

The Max and Min ratings don't take place until after week 5 and just letting people know again this was talked about keeping the best with the best and giving Mid Trainers races to aim at without the big boys dropping into every race week 13 has 3x6f Group 1's from Australia I guess you guys better look at them has I have max and min ratings on all 3 so the best horse's will run in the best races and trainers who say have 2 120 plus sprinters cant spilt them to run in two 6f G1 Races has the ratings will keep them out of at least one of them if not two.

Back to the 25 max not all trainers max out the stable allotted amount and it wasn't intended to if we get a influx of players then we would cut back to 20 too many races last season had small fields and with the extended races more races and less horses I think we would even have smaller races I want to give this a go to see how small or big the fields are.

Gray

Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:18 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

tbh i didnt see the 2 runner change but i always upload 2 of each as i have this year,just seems we are making it more exclusive instead of inclusive but like pj said the rules were there at the start of the season if people dont read them or have an opinion on them you cant say you wasnt warned see how it goes then make a decision for next season or read the rule changes properly my bad

Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:21 pm
Group 2 winner

I didn't visit the forum much near the end of last season so didn't know anything about the new rule, but if this rule change was agreed, then you can't change mid season.

Personnally, I hate this new rule and would like to see it scrapped for next season.

The top trainers dominate the classics with only one entry per trainer. With 2 entries per trainer, the mid tier trainers have no chance and it is just a waste of their time entering the race. We want to encourage those mid tier trainers who might get a 3rd or 4th place and spur them on to better things.

Who wants to see a result that says Paul 1st, Paul 2nd, Thunder 3rd, Thunder 4th, Jim 5th, Jim 6th. (This is not meant to disrespect Paul or Thunder.)

I have no problem a 25 stable limit, it is the 2 horses per race I don't like.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:25 pm
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
tbh i didnt see the 2 runner change but i always upload 2 of each as i have this year,just seems we are making it more exclusive instead of inclusive but like pj said the rules were there at the start of the season if people dont read them or have an opinion on them you cant say you wasnt warned see how it goes then make a decision for next season or read the rule changes properly my bad

Completely agree Steve

In my humble opinion Gray is President = he is the boss this is the role of the president and he
is by far the greatest president in the leagues history works harder on it than any previous president.

The rules he implements should be followed
no questions asked weither we like them or not there was serious debate at the end of last season
and Gray made the new rules which the majority wanted there was plenty of time for people to have
their say then. Gray put the new rules in place which gave us plenty of notice to shape our teams which
would cater for the new rules.

The rules should not be changed because a few people give out about them I know better than anyone
you cant please everyone i had a nightmare in my time as president there were alot of strong characters
around back then no long here to be honest made my time as president a living hell it began to effect my
health and thats why i quit and all over a game thats meant to be a bit of craic yes we all take it seriously
but id like to think for fun.

There were some rules which i have already stated that i disagreed with but Gray is the boss and you go by
the rules he puts in place thats the point in having a figurehead in place to make the hard calls anyway
rant over.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:34 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Crikey, just got in from a hard day at the coal face and see all this.

To clarify, the reason the allowing more than one runner in the big G1 races was suggested was to hopefully give the trainers just under the top level a better chance of winning the G2 and G3 races as the top boys would send both their G1 horses after the G1 prize if they were allowed to.

Allowing the top trainers to run 2 in the G1 therefore gives the second tier trainer more chance of winning the G2 or second tier races.

I think you are all looking at this totally the wrong way round.

The top guys are going to win the G1s anyway but how much more exciting is it if 2 PJR horses are battling 2 Thundersparks or Stephen Rann's or Ghostzappers.

Once again the idea behind it was to make it more exciting as a spectacle. Give the top boys a chance to race against their own horses IF THEY WANT (it isn't compulsory to run 2 just an option). Give them a different challenge as well. Throw your Guineas winner into the Derby as well as your Derby horse. Put your Derby winner in the Leger as well as your Leger horse. IE make it more realistic. Who will be the first trainer to train 1-2 in a classic etc.

But the MAIN objective was to try and give the second tier of trainer more of a chance in the G2s that they would be winning in reality because the big guns want the G1s more.

People keep saying its not about numbers of wins etc its about creating a platform everyone can enjoy and have some success in. Blimey, the first season I was involved I didn't even have any horses in but I enjoyed watching the races and the community.

But ultimately you want the best racing the best and if they just happen to be in the same stable and the trainer would rather win the Guineas than a G3 at Kempton why shouldn't he be able to run both.

Top trainers running 2 also means one more race that can be won by someone else which is better for everyone.

I honestly can't see why anyone would have an issue with it. Personally I would allow unlimited entries in every race just like in reality. No one can have more than 25 horses so if the top trainer runs 3 in the Derby that is 2 other races he can't win that someone else will.

Have to say I am totally dumbfounded as to why anyone would object to it.

How many supposed second stringers has Aiden O'Brien won classics with !

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Lordedaw wrote:
Crikey, just got in from a hard day at the coal face and see all this.

To clarify, the reason the allowing more than one runner in the big G1 races was suggested was to hopefully give the trainers just under the top level a better chance of winning the G2 and G3 races as the top boys would send both their G1 horses after the G1 prize if they were allowed to.

Allowing the top trainers to run 2 in the G1 therefore gives the second tier trainer more chance of winning the G2 or second tier races.

I think you are all looking at this totally the wrong way round.

The top guys are going to win the G1s anyway but how much more exciting is it if 2 PJR horses are battling 2 Thundersparks or Stephen Rann's or Ghostzappers.

Once again the idea behind it was to make it more exciting as a spectacle. Give the top boys a chance to race against their own horses IF THEY WANT (it isn't compulsory to run 2 just an option). Give them a different challenge as well. Throw your Guineas winner into the Derby as well as your Derby horse. Put your Derby winner in the Leger as well as your Leger horse. IE make it more realistic. Who will be the first trainer to train 1-2 in a classic etc.

But the MAIN objective was to try and give the second tier of trainer more of a chance in the G2s that they would be winning in reality because the big guns want the G1s more.

People keep saying its not about numbers of wins etc its about creating a platform everyone can enjoy and have some success in. Blimey, the first season I was involved I didn't even have any horses in but I enjoyed watching the races and the community.

But ultimately you want the best racing the best and if they just happen to be in the same stable and the trainer would rather win the Guineas than a G3 at Kempton why shouldn't he be able to run both.

Top trainers running 2 also means one more race that can be won by someone else which is better for everyone.

I honestly can't see why anyone would have an issue with it. Personally I would allow unlimited entries in every race just like in reality. No one can have more than 25 horses so if the top trainer runs 3 in the Derby that is 2 other races he can't win that someone else will.

Have to say I am totally dumbfounded as to why anyone would object to it.

How many supposed second stringers has Aiden O'Brien won classics with !

You make a good case for multiple horses in a race, but there are some flaws in your case.

In week 3, there are 3 G1 races for 3yo and one 0-100 h/cap over 1 mile. There are no G2 or G3 races over 1 mile as alternatives for mid tier trainers.

If I had two good milers, I wouldn't put them in the same G1 race if there was a G2 race as well. I would enter a horse in each race. That's just me however. Maybe that is not in the "Spirit of the Game" as you intended, but it is a reality.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:58 pm
Group 1 winner

As if I wouldn't say something lol :wink:

My understanding is, as Gray stated we thought this may be the last SO6, so we would implement some new ideas to add both an opportunity to spread the wealth and attempt to grow the league as all would get a better opportunity to win something outside a 4 runner 0-70 and it does add a little more realism to out flighty little pixels, always will be difficult to get a balance between the realism of the league and the fact that it is a game to be enjoyed by all levels.

I am surprised that some top trainers are against this, as I would of thought as Martin has stated a horse that could possibly take a guineas and a derby must now give you guys something new to aim/breed for, instead of your simple rinse & repeat in trying to beat your own records of wins or prize money season in, season out doesn't it ? This appears to me to add something to all trainers both top & bottom, cant see how it cannot be a plus for the league imo.

But back to Gray, we agreed we would run with these rules (although we forgot the 6yo+ for the GN, sorry Gray, lol) and see how they fair, if rubbish we will go back to the drawing board and discuss what needs to be changed.

finished! :lol:

Last edited by Anadin on Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:07 pm
Group 1 winner

I must have been away when this was talked about and as I'm never going to have another runner in a classic I'm against it, first thing is there will be to many runners in these races , Newmarket can handle a big field but most of the other courses cant and it will spoil the races. It wont be as much about who's best but who gets the best/luckiest draw. And over the last few seasons we've had a few shocks in the classics and it will take away the upsets.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next