View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Guineas EXtra Entry 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Guineas EXtra Entry
leonvr wrote:
There are quite a few races this week with 2 entries but most are lower rated races

Just out of interest - how do we know which races allows two entries?

Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:57 am
Group 1 winner

Right lads lets draw a line under this follow the rules set out for this season
they are experimental and of course can be changed lets start a discussion
at the end of the season and what ever is decided we have to stick with it
if we like it or not the new rules for next season which will be decided in
the end of season debate should be set in stone and followed.

It upsets me when i see people threaten to quite over a rule by the reaction
we have had here i doubt its a rule that will be kept but lets not start a im
taking my ball home mentality this is a GAME its a bit of fun. I think were all
guilty of taking things too seriously at times but step away and look at it and
I think you will come to see in reality does it really matter hey if you only dislike
one rule I think Gray is doing well.

Its clear Gray has the best intentions for the league and will always try and
please the majority this naturally will upset the non majority but lets get behind
him not post if this is not done im quitting I just feel that does nothing to help
the situation. I respect all you guys lets finish this now and talk later.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:09 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I must have missed the post where someone suggested they would quit over this?

Anyway I agree we have started with this approach and that you at least Paul have set a team up specifically to play for it, so it is unfair to now change it but I am with Jim, I think this will achieve the reverse of what was intended as it wrongly assumed all of those with top tier horses would chase the top uk races rather than wins.

So far we have two who have clearly stated they will not bother and will go for g2/3 instead where they can and two only entering one horse per race spreading out to cover the options. My 2000 horse who has been well beaten twice will go to randwick simply as yours are not there if there was an option for my filly she’d be avoiding you also :). And that’s not taking anything away from thunder, Stephen or Jim, all of whom also have my measure at 3yo. If the option was there i’d enter the race none of you have a horse in as my win percentage improves greatly in so doing.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:34 am
Group 2 winner

Josh, I think Paul mistakenly took my early post as an indication to quit (no offense taken).
It most definitely was not, It was just a statement of intent to withdraw one horse from one particular race. I have re-routed to Randwick for exactly the same reason as you, my horse has very little chance there either.
I posted early yesterday and went to bed early and it looks like everyone had lots of fun after I departed :).
Obviously the rule is in place and we have to go with it to the end of the season and see how it pans out and have a review and vote.
My final point would be, as Leon stated in an earlier post, is that for it to work as intended there needs to be an equivalent G2 or G3 race planned in the same week.
Darren

P.S. We are getting better at this, no one swore, no one was insulting or got insulted and no one got banned/suspended despite some people being a bit narked.
P.P.S. A definitive list of all double entry races would be nice.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:17 pm
Group 1 winner

Pommard wrote:
Josh, I think Paul mistakenly took my early post as an indication to quit (no offense taken).
It most definitely was not, It was just a statement of intent to withdraw one horse from one particular race. I have re-routed to Randwick for exactly the same reason as you, my horse has very little chance there either.
I posted early yesterday and went to bed early and it looks like everyone had lots of fun after I departed :).
Obviously the rule is in place and we have to go with it to the end of the season and see how it pans out and have a review and vote.
My final point would be, as Leon stated in an earlier post, is that for it to work as intended there needs to be an equivalent G2 or G3 race planned in the same week.
Darren

P.S. We are getting better at this, no one swore, no one was insulting or got insulted and no one got banned/suspended despite some people being a bit narked.
P.P.S. A definitive list of all double entry races would be nice.

Hi mate it was partly your post and Jim said something similar about being put off enetring flat horses in
future my comment were not meant to offend it just felt to me if things dont go my way i will take my ball
home as I have said I have the utmost of respect for everyone on here.

Cant Believe no on swore I have the taste now for banning people (JOKING) I hate it

lets all talk again once week 13 is done best of luck for the rest of the season P.S im sure my horses
and not the best going to the Guineas Thunderspark looks the leading trainer with Josh Jim not far behind
I think I had such a good week last week because Thunder did not enter any of his horses.
also Jims horse trounced my 2000 Guineas no1 last week

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:46 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I say let's not panic - let's see what happens.

Let us all remember this is not just for this season - it is about the future of the league.
SO6 League has at least one more season left in it. SO7 is within 12 months away - I've been involved in gaming for a long time, this release, I believe, will be a big bump for the SO brand. Let us be prepared for it with a league game that is firing on all 8 cylinders.

We are The League! We are the future of this league! I am still relatively new to this league but what I see is a solid and honest leadership. No one is trying to dictate how the league should be. Gray has put everything on the table in the forums - unfortunately a few of you missed this. To the more senior players - please keep your eye on the forum in the off season. I know we all need a rest in the off season but I believe you, me, us - we need to be involved.

Write down your ideas, put them up in here and let us all respectfully debate everyone's ideas in these forums.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:38 pm
Group 3 winner

NPG319 wrote:
I say let's not panic - let's see what happens.

Let us all remember this is not just for this season - it is about the future of the league.
SO6 League has at least one more season left in it. SO7 is within 12 months away - I've been involved in gaming for a long time, this release, I believe, will be a big bump for the SO brand. Let us be prepared for it with a league game that is firing on all 8 cylinders.

We are The League! We are the future of this league! I am still relatively new to this league but what I see is a solid and honest leadership. No one is trying to dictate how the league should be. Gray has put everything on the table in the forums - unfortunately a few of you missed this. To the more senior players - please keep your eye on the forum in the off season. I know we all need a rest in the off season but I believe you, me, us - we need to be involved.

Write down your ideas, put them up in here and let us all respectfully debate everyone's ideas in these forums.

Well said. The road to development is to try out and investigate new things. Sometimes they work, sometimes they fail, either way, you learn something on the way.

I like that it is an open discussion regarding things here, and I can read between the lines in everyones posts that all of you care deeply for the league and have its bests interests in mind. What I also like is that you care a lot for new people in the league. All of you go to lengths to try to facilitate that new and unexperienced trainers can have a chance of success.

As a fairly new trainer myself I have some ideas to recruit and keep more trainers, but I will save that for another post. Keep discussing and exploring. It will only take the league further.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:54 pm
Group 2 winner

I agree Paul, the end of the season is probably a better time to carry on this discussion. The rule is in place and that's it.

NPG319 wrote:
leonvr wrote:
There are quite a few races this week with 2 entries but most are lower rated races

Just out of interest - how do we know which races allows two entries?

Not just for G1 races but handicap races as well, it would be nice to know what races double entries are allowed.

I have spaces left in my flat team and could upload more horses after week 5.

For me personally I have expressed my opinion about double entries in the top races, but maybe those trainers in the handicap races like the idea, it would certainly boost some of the smaller fields we get in the lower handicap races.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:37 pm
Group 1 winner

Hi Jim here is the list up to week 6 I will post the rest later Ascot has many double entries but that's the most in any week.

Races Containing 2 entries and Max and Min Ratings

Week 4
Race 2 Entries 2 MBNA Chester Vase
Race 32 Entries 2 Preakness Stakes Min Rating 90
Race 36 Entries 1 Golden Slipper Min Rating 90
Race 37 Entries 1 Blue Diamond Stakes Max Rating 100

Week 5
Race 9 Entries 2 Investec Oaks
Race 10 Entries 2 Investec Derby
Race 18 Entries 2 Seymour pierce Henry

Week 6
Race 1 Entries 2 Queen Anne Stakes
Race 3 Entries 2 St James Palace Stakes
Race 3 Entries 2 Windsor Castle 0-90 Handicap
Race 8 Entries 2 Prince Of Wales Stakes
Race 9 Entries 2 Royal Hunt Cup
Race 11 Entries 2 Sandringham Handicap
Race 13 Entries 2 Ribblesdale
Race 14 Entries 2 Ascot Gold Cup
Race 15 Entries 2 Brittania Stakes 0-90 Handicap
Race 17 Entries 2 King George V Handicap 0-100 Handicap
Race 21 Entries 2 King Edward VII Stakes
Race 22 Entries 2 Coronation Stakes
Race 23 Entries 2 Commonwealth Cup
Race 25 Entries 2 Queens Vase
Race 31 Entries 2 Duke Of Edinburgh Handicap
Race 37 Entries 2 Belmont Stakes

Gray

Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

just looked through the entries Martin and a couple of the Rookies have a runner very low number maybe 1 runner each
but at least they are still involved

Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:46 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
just looked through the entries Martin and a couple of the Rookies have a runner very low number maybe 1 runner each

That's good. I would like to see a set of races implemented in the future based on trainer wins rather than horse handicap mark.

Something like:

Week 3-5 A race only open to trainers without a win that season
Week 6-10 A race or races open to trainers with less than 5 wins
Week 11 - 13 A race or races open to trainers with less than 10 wins

These races could be over varying distances but a mile would be a good start as most people have a horse capable of performing over a mile.

If we wanted a name they called be called Apprentice races

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

That is a great suggestion, Martin. I think it is a great idea.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:21 pm
Handicapper

I was going to suggest something exactly like this Martin! After a decent first season with 2 winners, last season was terrible with only one 5th and the others finishing in the middle of the field. This season doesn't look like it's going to be much better. It would be great to see something like that implemented.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:00 pm
Group 1 winner

Lordedaw wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

That's good. I would like to see a set of races implemented in the future based on trainer wins rather than horse handicap mark.

Something like:

These races could be over varying distances but a mile would be a good start as most people have a horse capable of performing over a mile.

Great Idea

Youre not fired :lol:

I think 2 of the Rookies have 1 runner each this week

Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Lordedaw wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

Something like:

I like the idea, but I would maybe lower the number of winners a little.
week 6-10, 2 or 3 winners
week 11-13, 5 winners.

With lower limits, you may get more trainers with no wins, getting a win.

If I had 5 winnners when I was a novice trainer, I thought that was a successfull season.

You could maybe extend the idea to have a race ot two for maiden trainers in the last few weeks of the season. This might keep the rookies interested longer.

Jim

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4