View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 New season before SO7? 
Group 3 winner

Post New season before SO7?
Howdy

Will there be another SO6 online league season in the new year before the release of SO7?
I saw a post somewhere that seemed to suggest the current season would be the last before SO7".
I hope there will be as i would love to take part but missed the entry window for this current season (i think).

Cheers

Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:48 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: New season before SO7?
The entry window for this season will reopen in two weeks so you can still get involved. I think there will be one more league on SO6, though will depend on when SO7 is released and when the race kit is done for it.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:50 pm
Group 2 winner

It's hard to give a definitive answer to your question.

It all depends on when SO7 is released. I have not seen an exact date for SO7, but if it not released to the middle or later end of 2018, there is a good chance we may have another season of SO6.

Gray is the president of the league and it depends on his decision and the feelings of the other trainers who enter the league.

Personally, I am preparing for another season of SO6 just in case we have another season.

Jim

Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:51 pm
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
Howdy

Will there be another SO6 online league season in the new year before the release of SO7?
I saw a post somewhere that seemed to suggest the current season would be the last before SO7".
I hope there will be as i would love to take part but missed the entry window for this current season (i think).

Cheers

There will be another SO6 league season 100%

Maybe another two more seasons but you can bank your house on one more SO6 season.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:51 pm
Group 2 winner

My advice would be to enter a few this season in the transfer window and then you will get to see what level your horses are at and be able to concentrate on improving for the next season.

I say this because the first season is a real eye opener. A standard Group 1 winner in your solo game will quite likely be no more than a low rated handicapper in the league. Getting some experience for half a season would be of immense benefit.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:04 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Thanks for the replies.

Lordedaw wrote:
My advice would be to enter a few this season in the transfer window and then you will get to see what level your horses are at and be able to concentrate on improving for the next season.

I say this because the first season is a real eye opener. A standard Group 1 winner in your solo game will quite likely be no more than a low rated handicapper in the league. Getting some experience for half a season would be of immense benefit.

Yes i will try for some entries for this season for experience.
Is there a calendar or something that lists the dates i will be able to upload and declare, ive looked around but cant find anything thats clear?
(A calendar JPG or the like would be handy)

Cheers

Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:17 pm
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

Lordedaw wrote:

Yes i will try for some entries for this season for experience.
Is there a calendar or something that lists the dates i will be able to upload and declare, ive looked around but cant find anything thats clear?
(A calendar JPG or the like would be handy)

Cheers

December 15th is the final weeks racing which is Week 5 before Christmas the window for uploads will be open December 22nd for New Trainers and Uploads and close Thursday 4th January then week 6 races close 5PM Friday 5th January.

100% Will be another league if all behind the scenes guys are in favour.

Gray

Last edited by simpleminds on Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

It took almost 2 years to get the league started when So6 came out so why not get another season in.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:36 pm
Group 1 winner

I am all for more seasons even when s07 comes out as it always takes ages before the league kit etc is ready to actually have an online league SO probably at least 2 more seasons of SO6 if Gray handicappers and race runners are happy with this.

Also I kind of need new seasons to perfect the automated rollovers I want to implement

Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:32 pm
Group 2 winner

leonvr wrote:
I am all for more seasons even when s07 comes out as it always takes ages before the league kit etc is ready to actually have an online league SO probably at least 2 more seasons of SO6 if Gray handicappers and race runners are happy with this.

Also I kind of need new seasons to perfect the automated rollovers I want to implement

I have been saying this for a while. We can't assume that everyone will be able to spend the time to build up a league stable in SO7 as soon as it is out. I would think you would have to wait at least six months but probably longer after release for there to be enough players ready to start a league.

Also if we are still having an SO6 league whilst starting to play SO7 on our own we will be able to help each other out with new features and also advertise the new game by mentioning it in the commentaries on youtube. Which will hopefully attract some new players. We could also put some promotional and tutorials for SO7 stuff in the preview shows.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]