View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 If at first you don’t succeed trial trial again 
Group 1 winner

Post If at first you don’t succeed trial trial again
So I have just cooked and trialed a new batch of jump horses for the upload window and based on the results my entire jump team is wrong, the horses who dominated the last trial and made the team no longer feature or hardly do, including league race winners, those who floundered are now stars and demand inclusion and the new lot are mixture that further confuse matters. I am convinced if I ran the trials again i’d get an entirely different set of results.

No real point to this post beyond seeing if others have found the same, in the meantime I am going to get the pin out to make an informed selection of changes, having concluding it is more about luck and randomness than any judgement :)

Flat team next, which will be even more fun I expect.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:33 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: If at first you don’t succeed trial trial again
Githyanki wrote:
So I have just cooked and trialed a new batch of jump horses for the upload window and based on the results my entire jump team is wrong, the horses who dominated the last trial and made the team no longer feature or hardly do, including league race winners, those who floundered are now stars and demand inclusion and the new lot are mixture that further confuse matters. I am convinced if I ran the trials again i’d get an entirely different set of results.

No real point to this post beyond seeing if others have found the same, in the meantime I am going to get the pin out to make an informed selection of changes, having concluding it is more about luck and randomness than any judgement :)

Mate bred a batch of new 2 mile chasers and hurdlers and im tearing my hair out no improvement at all my current team
dominate and they are usless in the league however the same new horses are much better than Cape Thorne over a mile
on the flat at newmartket but they will have to wait til next season I have 5 2yos to come in the window god i hate trialing
jumps horses takes flippin ages :lol:

Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:46 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

yes close the game and re run and the results will be different it is only the good ones who can repeat. Also if you change the numbers or horses in race it can drastically affect the result so adding new horses can totally change the results.

I trial every season so notice this a lot and make a note of who is most consistent. No point doing one big trial because of this randomness.

SO6 has the most inconsistent kit I have experienced

Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:56 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:

I'm feeling u pain, due to travelling up to my girlfriends a lot and having a small window in which to breed I thought I would breed 5 and 6 furlong 2+3 yo's and two mile hurdlers ( they suck eggs this season) and I've run the sprint races and they were all awful. I was going to have some 3yo sprinters but they have not improved and I'm going to breed a few this weekend and unless they improve then they will not go in my league team. :cry: :cry:

I wonder what my hurdles will be like, I've gone back to last season hurdlers to see what happens and I've used Sir Ken for the first time. I'd say get passed 90% and it gets stupid. :evil: :evil:

Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:05 pm
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
yes close the game and re run and the results will be different it is only the good ones who can repeat. Also if you change the numbers or horses in race it can drastically affect the result so adding new horses can totally change the results.

I trial every season so notice this a lot and make a note of who is most consistent. No point doing one big trial because of this randomness.

This Kit stinks , :lol: :lol: I hate the first race because its out of whack with every other race and I try to put a poor horse first in because they seem at a disadvantage . The course are terrible and I refuse to run races at Cheltenham because if a horse goes wide then it can make a mess of judging the horses potential.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:08 pm
Group 1 winner

I hate when you get one dominate your trials you get rid of the rubbish export another 10 or so new ones
and the one that dominated bombs and is beat by one he dominated in the last set of trials

:twisted: drives me bananas

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:28 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

leonvr wrote:

I totally agree with you. I was trialling some new 2 mile chasers against the horses I had uploaded and the results seemed promising. I had a doctors appointment so shut the game down and then trialled some more when I came back and now the horses I uploaded to the league are the best again.

It is just not the CK that is poor but also the racekit. How can a horse that places in its first 3 races suddenly finish almost last in its next race or a horse that has had 3 poor runs suddenly win a race by 3 lengths. I have had this happen to me and I am sure it has happened to other trainers.

I know there are hidden variables in a horses performance in the CK, but they are too random to be logical as unlike a horses performance in real life the CK is based on mathematical probabilities.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:32 pm
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
I hate when you get one dominate your trials you get rid of the rubbish export another 10 or so new ones
and the one that dominated bombs and is beat by one he dominated in the last set of trials

:twisted: drives me bananas

I almost lost my best league hurdler like that, Asain Maze won 3 group 1's in one season but she should have gone if I believed the Kit. She was always outstanding but in one trial she kept finishing last but luckily I went against the kit and kept her for the final races that she won and the rest is history.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:37 pm
Group 1 winner

leons spot on, i think when u hit a certain level the smallest changes affect the race outcome because your horses are so closely matched, all you can do is pick the most consistant.and as leon said ALWAYS close your game before trialling,otherwise youre in for a massive headache.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:41 pm
Group 1 winner

Wannabe wrote:
leonvr wrote:

I totally agree with you. I was trialling some new 2 mile chasers against the horses I had uploaded and the results seemed promising. I had a doctors appointment so shut the game down and then trialled some more when I came back and now the horses I uploaded to the league are the best again.

It is just not the CK that is poor but also the racekit. How can a horse that places in its first 3 races suddenly finish almost last in its next race or a horse that has had 3 poor runs suddenly win a race by 3 lengths. I have had this happen to me and I am sure it has happened to other trainers.

I know there are hidden variables in a horses performance in the CK, but they are too random to be logical as unlike a horses performance in real life the CK is based on mathematical probabilities.

I've changed the aim of my horses, its not to try to win a group1 race but just to win any race because of the total unknowns . Any win to me is a group win because of the kit. I known people are kind of like its only a H'cap but because u really never know what u have it should be celebrated. That's what I think.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:42 pm
Group 1 winner

I used to love running races on the old starters orders game because the best horse always seemed to finish in the top 4 of each race.

This is my top 6 furlong sprinter from my races now.

Proctors Ledge - 18685 36260 0302. This horse came out best but I have no idea how good she is.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:53 pm
Group 2 winner

jalupen wrote:
leons spot on, i think when u hit a certain level the smallest changes affect the race outcome because your horses are so closely matched, all you can do is pick the most consistant.and as leon said ALWAYS close your game before trialling,otherwise youre in for a massive headache.

I don't just close the game once now. I close the game before I start trialling, run five trial races, close the game and run another 5 tial races with exactly the same horses.

It's the most consistant horse over the two sets of trials that I select for the league.

The trouble is, it makes trialling even more of a boring chore than it was already.

Also like Leon said, I trial after each new batch of horses so that trialling doesn't become too big a chore and also because it lets me know which of the new batch of horses to breed with.

ghostzapper74 wrote:
I used to love running races on the old starters orders game because the best horse always seemed to finish in the top 4 of each race.

This is my top 6 furlong sprinter from my races now.

Proctors Ledge - 18685 36260 0302. This horse came out best but I have no idea how good she is.

These are exacly the kind of results I get as well.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:40 pm
Group 2 winner

What if ....................................................

Conspiracy alert ..............

Most of the bars meant nothing at all and its just totally random ........

Merry Christmas folks !! :shock:

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:46 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Lordedaw wrote:
What if ....................................................

Conspiracy alert ..............

Most of the bars meant nothing at all and its just totally random ........

Merry Christmas folks !! :shock:

That might be the case over the jumps :shock: :shock: :shock:

When I get time in the new year I'm going to bring back all my 2 mile hurdlers from the league seasons and I'm going to race them to see if my horses have improved . The oldest ones should struggle and the newest ones should be the best, will be interesting to see if that what happens.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]