View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Returning horses 
Group 1 winner

Post Returning horses
I know many people have a view on this so this is just an idea please feel free to ridicule or mock as you please i wont take it to heart

stable size 20 new uploads + 5 returning

the 5 returning can be multiple entered in 4yo up races so in theory we could a bumper festival in dubai ie derby,oaks,king george,and arc winners all racing each other in week 1 this coukd culminate in week 12 so we have prev winners and current winners racing at the breeders cup

for this to work there would need to be more 4yo up races that replace some of the current G1s so for instance the 2 G1 aussie races from this week could be moved and 4yo up races added instead just an idea

Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:39 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Returning horses
I like the concept of returning horses, but the schedule would need a bit of work to ensure they have places to go, and this should consider flat and jump. I have a 154 rated 3.4m chaser who came back in at 160, she has had one race so far, looking at the schedule she may get another 2 or 3 in the whole season, she is probably going to be cut in the window as a new horse has so many more options. Accept this is a general problem with long distance chasers (national horse is rated 144 already also have only a few options for the rest of the year). But if your going to compel people to bring horses back we need to ensure there is something for them too do.

I have decided my new moan is too many sodding max rated handicaps :)

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:15 pm
Group 2 winner

This was suggested last year. Can't recall how anti or pro people were but I think it was the usual some liked it and some didn't scenario.

I am in favour but it would have to encompass handicap grade returners as well or the lower to middle trainer would be penalised. This would mean you could run a couple of handicaps in week one as encouragement and would add to realism.

John has proven this year that returners can win at the top level and quite a few others have won with returners at a lower level. I personally have had 3 returners win this season out of only 10 individual winners. One in an NH grade 2 and two in flat handicaps.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:29 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

I am generally in favour but with a small tweak.
Could the additional 5 horses be either returning horses or gamebreds.
I had a computer problem in the summer and had to change to a laptop. I managed to salvage all of my saved games but lost all of the horse files (they exist but I cannot access them anymore). As a result I still had a few horses in existing games and had 2 returning horses on the flat and 3 over jumps but would have been unable to bring back 5 and been at a disadvantage.

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:55 pm
Group 1 winner

mart the extra 5 can be anything 2 to 3 3 to 4 ect but you must have 5 they can be of any standard and a proviso for new trainers and like what happened to pommard can have a full stable of 25 this was for the flat as i dont know ths NH side of things,I leave that to more expeirenced ppl as ive never entered tha dark side.

Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:19 pm
Group 2 winner

I think as Josh says the schedule would need to adjusted.

Very few of my previous\returning horses are competeive with my new uploads and the returning horses all tend to be high in the handicap so the only races any returning horses would be eligible for would be group races and because my new uploads are better, I would tend to enter my new uploads in the big races. There would have to be specific races for returning horses to make this worthwhile.

The idea has merit but it would depend on how the schedule is amended.

Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:55 pm
Group 1 winner

Wholeheartedly agree. Have the same issue, especially on the flat and it is also common for me to delete the horse files when they age once they have failed at trial. So depending on how much breeding I do between seasons it is quite probable i’ll not have 5 to actually bring back.

This idea needs thrashing out now so people can organise there horses correctly. (This said I do keep copy tff files so in theory any horse can be recreated)

Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:19 pm
Group 1 winner

This Can't be done we change a lot of races in the Aussie races and I feel it won't be good for the Aussie guys to have their races altered I am sure if I was to do that to the irish Derby Pauls blood would boil :lol: so no changing the age of the races I can build around the schedule and look abroad for Top 4plus races South Africa, Kranji are easily implemented and I am sure Sha tin etc will have races but I will have to look at races to drop then we get into problems into which races.

On returning horses the horse as reached its mark due to the season before I think John's horse's would be better than mine even at 10year olds on the level but the horses have earned its mark and trainers TOP trainers is going to be harder to find races if the new horses coming in are better lower level that Formula Follis has can still compete at low level has we have few races for them each week.

I don't mind adding some more 4UP races but will not change or alter races to suit just add some it will be harder to alter Handicap Ratings in the Jumps Josh so your high rated horse can run in this just makes the low rated horses run out of the handicap and half the field would more likely be out of the handicap.

Gray

Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Happy to have returning horses and I can code this in. I just won a grade 1hurdle with a returning horse. It's impossible to code game breds in so not sure what to do about that. I also think this should be forced upon trainers who were in the top 10 or 15 the previous season and new trainers should be exempt from this

Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:26 pm
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
Happy to have returning horses and I can code this in. I just won a grade 1hurdle with a returning horse. It's impossible to code game breds in so not sure what to do about that. I also think this should be forced upon trainers who were in the top 10 or 15 the previous season and new trainers should be exempt from this

I'd put the number at 8 and even if I finish outside the top 8 I would put 5 in. It would be a great way to finish the league with some old warriors returning and my horses this season have shown u can still compete against the best.

Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:52 pm
Group 1 winner

simpleminds wrote:
This Can't be done we change a lot of races in the Aussie races and I feel it won't be good for the Aussie guys to have their races altered I am sure if I was to do that to the irish Derby Pauls blood would boil :lol: so no changing the age of the races I can build around the schedule and look abroad for Top 4plus races South Africa, Kranji are easily implemented and I am sure Sha tin etc will have races but I will have to look at races to drop then we get into problems into which races.

On returning horses the horse as reached its mark due to the season before I think John's horse's would be better than mine even at 10year olds on the level but the horses have earned its mark and trainers TOP trainers is going to be harder to find races if the new horses coming in are better lower level that Formula Follis has can still compete at low level has we have few races for them each week.

I don't mind adding some more 4UP races but will not change or alter races to suit just add some it will be harder to alter Handicap Ratings in the Jumps Josh so your high rated horse can run in this just makes the low rated horses run out of the handicap and half the field would more likely be out of the handicap.

Gray

I'd say keep the races as they are and just add a few new ones for older horses, there's plenty u could add from Usa- Oz - and a few other countries that have none in yet.

Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:54 pm
Group 2 winner

leonvr wrote:

I don't like the idea of forcing this on trainers.

There's a good chance I will be the top trainer category and at the moment I don't have 5 flat and 5 jumps horses I could envision as returning horses. Apart from 2 jumps horses who have both won 3 times the rest of my jumps wins have been spread fairly evenly among my horses. The same goes for my flat horses.

Since any returning horses I upload would probably be eligible for only group races and many are barely able to compete in group races just now, they will have little chance against the better horses that all trainers tend to have the following season.

If there were 4up flat races only eligible for returning horses, I could see that working for me. My jumps horses have a high deteriation potential and my 2 mile and 2m 4f jumps horses peak at 5yo and start to decline at 6yo, so they would probably be worse off the next season and be even less competetive.

Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:29 pm
Group 1 winner

Wannabe wrote:
leonvr wrote:

I don't like the idea of forcing this on trainers.

There's a good chance I will be the top trainer category and at the moment I don't have 5 flat and 5 jumps horses I could envision as returning horses. Apart from 2 jumps horses who have both won 3 times the rest of my jumps wins have been spread fairly evenly among my horses. The same goes for my flat horses.

Since any returning horses I upload would probably be eligible for only group races and many are barely able to compete in group races just now, they will have little chance against the better horses that all trainers tend to have the following season.

If there were 4up flat races only eligible for returning horses, I could see that working for me. My jumps horses have a high deteriation potential and my 2 mile and 2m 4f jumps horses peak at 5yo and start to decline at 6yo, so they would probably be worse off the next season and be even less competetive.

Jim u will be shocked if u enter these horses next season, if they can compete this season and I guarantee they will compete next season. Don't go by u trials , my Lochsong has long left my trials/game but is still my best league sprinter . Last season I had a sprinter called Bella Bettini who was far better in my trials than lochsong but was no where near her in the league. This game is really a horses for courses game and that's why Lochsong can still compete with the best sprinters , I bet a lot of horses have far better bars than her but she has something that works in the league and there's no bars for that and that's why some horses u have run great in u races but run poorly in the league.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:21 am
Group 1 winner

Personally I think the flat stable should go back to 20 for all new horses entered at the start of the league season + an extra 5 for returned horses (making a max of 25)
If a trainer doesn't want to enter returned horses then that is cool - they just stick with a max stable of 20.
If a trainer wants to bring back 10 horses then their stable would consist of 15 new horses and 10 returned horses etc.
Personally i can't see myself bringing back a horse/s but it has been successful for trainers like John and Martin and a few others as well.

I also think we should start respectfully debating where this league is heading and what changes need to be made during the rest of this season while everyone is around.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:00 am
Group 1 winner

FOA Gray

about to bring back Coffee De London

do i just upload him 1 year older and do i need to do anything else

can i send him straight to the Grand National without a run this season

thanks in advance

Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:48 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next