View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 The New Stars. 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: The New Stars.
We are suffering from second seasonitis at Leedham Towers and not sure the newbies are going to improve things. It is farewell to Blue Soul, Bella Donna, Clantime, Purple Passages and Keep Me Satisfied on the flat and the two Tamara's Champlin and Matoesian plus Electric Lady Land (to the relief of Stu), Quiet Audition and Minstrel In The Hall over the sticks.

Coming in are:
2yo Samantha Brown, loves the soft and hopefully won't Stop at too many Kissing Gates.
3yo Lorraine Chase, front running 5-7f grey, hopefully is wafted here from paradise and not Luton airport
3yo Groupie, absolute monster in game winning 2 arcs and every other top 1m4f race, hopefully won't bump into to many musos and get worn out
5yo Profit In Peace, one of 3 5-7f horses I have put in. Sprinting is not a strength at the Towers but you never know.
5yo Grabsplatter, wild card entry won all the 6f trials even though he is technically a miler. More in hope than judgement.

And the jumps:

Trop Du Vin, 2m 4f horse from my Irish experiment stable full speed and pot bars but can't jump fences only hurdles. Comes with a right old rattle at the end.
Coucher Du Soleil, another Irish horse won 2 Melbourne Cups, 3 Irish St Legers, 3 World Hurdles, 2 Christmas hurdles and a King George, hoping to pick up one of Gray's point to point races at least !
Strands of Gold, 3m+ chaser who has very good bars but doesn't always show up on track. Hopefully should bring home a few stands of silver at least.
Crimson Embers, really hopeful this one can win a few. Wins regularly from 2m 6f up to 3m 4f over both hurdles and fences and goes on any ground. If she as anywhere near as good as the real one she will bring home hot coals rather than embers.
Friendly King, 3m4f upwards. Likely to be one of my National horses. Regularly slams Ettrick Mill by 10 lengths or more in the CK. Great bars for a 4 miler and front runs a bit like Crazy Parachute did last year.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

After day 1 of week 6 it seems there is really a new star in my stable, started some new breeding to get real sprinters in my team and it worked:

Thousand Sunsets was 3rd on the line in the 5f G2 Norfolk Stakes just beaten a head by John Morgans Lucas The Gerbil and Thundersparks Magnetide and 1/4 in front of Paul Rhodes Yeager Bomer!
When she can repeat it one more time I would say there is the first Group sprinter for my stable, watching the race it seemed we needed just some meters to win. To get between the big boys is a big achievement for the Surfer stable, hope that my other new horses also perform this way.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:44 am
Group 1 winner

Think your about where I was last league season, if you continue to progress as you have I think the top tier is within your grasp.

Josh

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3