View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 The New Stars. 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: The New Stars.
Githyanki wrote:
Try this

[url]http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16718
[/url]

Else go to game mods and then increments bar, is something sirius did easy enough to import.

Thanks very much Josh

Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:50 pm
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Try this

[url]http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16718
[/url]

Else go to game mods and then increments bar, is something sirius did easy enough to import.

Something else i found useful, at least for colourblind people like me.
I just blacked out the background image for the stats bars, made it alot easier to read.

It can be found in the SO6 main folder GFX/MISC/statspan.png

Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:07 am
Group 1 winner

I think Sirius Chill created them if I remember correctly

Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:09 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Firstly, A very Happy New Year to you all :D

Won't add anything more here, as the title says "New Stars" I'd be lucky if I had an old one and I do not want to give anything the Kiss Of ?

I would like to say a thank you to Del & Paul for horses that appear like their names may have been influenced by me, so thanks for that, I look forward to the calls.

Good Luck in 2018 everyone.

Stu

Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:28 am
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:
Firstly, A very Happy New Year to you all :D

Won't add anything more here, as the title says "New Stars" I'd be lucky if I had an old one and I do not want to give anything the Kiss Of ?

I would like to say a thank you to Del & Paul for horses that appear like their names may have been influenced by me, so thanks for that, I look forward to the calls.

Good Luck in 2018 everyone.

Stu

Your a dead cert for the racing post trophy Stu ha ha

Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:39 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Flat Outs -

2YO - The Mountain 5f - No race wins and has looked out of his depth.
3YO - Burn Hollywood Burn 1m - Not up to snuff in this 3YO class not worth pressing on with.
3YO - Touch of Class 6f - One 0-90 handicap win, so another who is not quite at the level of these 3YO's, not worth keeping for next weeks only 3YO G1 this year.
3YO - Rainbow 1.6m - Been decent with 2 handicap wins so far, but I simply have far better to bring in for the St Ledger.
4YO - Shade 1.4m - Been average with just the one 0-100 handicap win, seem to have better in the older horse trials.

Flat In -

2YO - Red John 5/6f - Sired by league flat team horse 'John Wayne', is at his best when 3YO and over 6f, is one I aim to bring back. Solid over 5f in his 2YO year.
2YO - The Darkness 1m-1.2m - Sired by league flat team horse 'Its A London Thing' and a cast off mare from the jumps breeding line, will race 1.2m for the most part, another with return potential at 3YO.
3YO - The Bookeeper 1.6m - Looks like an absolute beast in trial with a breeding that is many generations removed from the current stock, largely a front runner and will replace 'Rainbow' as my St Ledger horse.
4YO - Curious Combination 1.4m - Another whose breeding is a long way removed from the current lot, is a breed of a 1m line with a 2m line and nicely creates a horse with decent group prospects at 1.4m.
4YO - The Beast Ranch 5/6f - Just missed the cut for the start of the league, comes in now to add depth at 5f and 6f, good shout at a handicap win.

Jump Outs -

7YO The Wraith 3.4m Chase - There are simply not the races to keep her, she has maybe 2 more at best for the season, will bring in a younger model with less rating
6YO Eight to Lose 3m Chase - Three falls from five, and out paced when she did finish, seem to have better in my last generation of breeding
5YO Unto the Breach 2m Chase - Been solid but not quite done enough to find a win, will not be replaced directly.
5YO In Estate of Shock 2.4m Chase/Hurdle (Novice) - Come close a few times in the league, soundly beaten now in trial.
5YO Fatal Moonshine 2.4m Hurdle - Nothing to choose between him and others from my 2.4m team on trial form, just not got a win yet and there is a front runner I want to check out in his place.

Jump Ins -

5YO One Generation Removed 2.4m Hurdle - Likely a league flop in the waiting, was great in one round of trails but needs to front run. Breeding, as the name suggests, is experimental and one generation removed from flat team entrant in this window 'The Bookeeper' dam is a pure hurdle breeder with ties to a few in the team this season. Could be a boom or a massive bust.
5YO Battle for Sparta 3m Chase - Another front runner with only one trial of form behind him, but could be an interesting shake up for my largely poor 3m chase group.
5YO The Irish Fancy - 2m Hurdle & NHF - Will take over NHF duties from 'The Irish Connection' from whom she decends, though many generations removed, another with only one trial cycle behind her, not a bad hurdler either, will front run.
5YO Eight the King 3.4m Chase - Very old line mixing my national breeders with 'Eight to Lose' who is on her way out in the window, seems to be a better jumper, but really only handicap prospects, replaces 'The Wraith' distance chasing.
5YO Chase the Witch 2.4m Chase/Hurdle (Novice) - One who can go over both hurdles and fences, probably a better hurdler. Takes the vacated Novices slot from 'In Estate of Shock'

Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:07 pm
Group 1 winner

Well after losing all my tff files and horses saved in the Ck and a complete new starters orders 6 game download
i managed to get some old tff files from my old Hard Drive from two years ago and after a few quick seasons of flat and jumps managed to scrap a few together.

Flat

Grey Lights 6f - Thankfully Clare grogan was in a old tff file and yet another Grey son of hers enters the league hopefully a decent Handicap will come his way.

Blood Ties 1m 4f - Beat my League 2yo easily over 1m 2f but with only a few races at that distance for a 2yo makes it more sense to bring him in a older version over 1m 4f with plenty of races be it group or handicap.

Zoned Out - 2m 2f out of my best ever stayer Master Welshman doesn't quite stays 2m 4f but can run from 1m6f to 2m 2f.

Jumpers

Nightjar - 2m Hurdler is as good has my current horses if not better than some will be put in

Bondi Beach - 3m Novice Hurdler Yard is weak at 3m hurdlers so brought in to replace Tree Creeper.

Jupiter Moon - 2m Novice Chaser Another 2m chaser who has been better in trials than Frogger so will go Down Novices Route.

Jingle Bells - Gold Cup Horse horse runs well from 2m 6f to 3m 4f is out of Pole Dancer and a game bred Gunslinger but is better than i got and guess when he was bred.

My Guardian Angel - 4m Plus. Game bred from old tff who i transferred into jumps game to breed stayers guess what he better than i got when it stands up.

Gray

Last edited by simpleminds on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

Howdy

Well ive finally finished my mad rush to have some horses ready before uploads close.
I unfortunately made a beginners mistake, assuming i could delete horses from TOM before the upload window closed.
Oh well, live and learn. :roll:

So my best hope for this season is Cold Heart.
I'm very excited to see how things go.
The other horses will have to wait until next season.

Cheers

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:10 am
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
Howdy

Well ive finally finished my mad rush to have some horses ready before uploads close.
I unfortunately made a beginners mistake, assuming i could delete horses from TOM before the upload window closed.
Oh well, live and learn. :roll:
So my best hope for this season is Cold Heart.
I'm very excited to see how things go.
The other horses will have to wait until next season.
Cheers

Looks a very good horse bar wise, good luck Jango, don't forget to enter the comp for the Ascot races - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16886

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:13 am
Group 1 winner

Jango - Did you try to retire the horses you mentioned? That might delete them.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:27 am
Group 3 winner

Anadin wrote:

Looks a very good horse bar wise, good luck Jango, don't forget to enter the comp for the Ascot races - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16886

Thanks mate, ive entered the Ascot comp but i have no idea who is who. :lol:

NPG319 wrote:
Jango - Did you try to retire the horses you mentioned? That might delete them.

Yeah thanks, i used up my 5 retirements.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:33 am
Group 1 winner

Well after a mad week before Christmas and this week since I've got back home on Tuesday night I've almost got a full flat squad . No idea how most will get on since its a year since I've really bred any flat horses so it will be interesting to know where I stand for next season. I hated breeding flat horses ( burn out)but since I've started doing in again i found my enjoyment again.

These are some of the better ones on home form.

Treve F - 1m4--- She is certainly my best over this distance and she looks like her grandfather ( Za Approval) and has his turn of foot and looked very good in my trials but she could be beating donkeys because I've not breed any of these horses in almost 2 years.

Zap Again - Faypien 1m 2yo's -- Ran well at a mile and looked decent in my trials but I've not breed any of these horses in more than 2 years if not longer :shock: :shock:

Janes Rose F 6F-- Is a very nice sprinter over 6 furlongs , should be able to mix it with the best.

Toe the Line F 2m4 -- She is the first decent horse by Coigach , not as good as mum and doesn't have her turn of foot and is more of a grinder.

I noticed because I've not breed at a lot of these distances in a very long time i had to use my dirt horses and so a lot of my team prefer Dirt so will it effect them on the grass.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:05 pm
Group 3 winner

Hi all
its rare i talk abut new stars
but ill give it a go
ok here i go lol
6yo 6f horse called you ghost .. old for a sprinter plus he travels hold up .. but amazing finnish ,, eat my words when he dont in league lol
mark velvet 2m .. this did good in trials .. hoping for good win
portland james 1 .. this is damm good horse
Hollywood Hinton returns but to nch .. had to upload him as got a famous name lol
now the best horse i think ive ever had Stu Grey Ii hope :D 3m+ plus when she wins in trials .. ins easy
as you all know lot all my lasts uploads .. but not worried you can not upload 200 horses lol
wish you all good luck im 2018 and good luck in this lovely league
Hollywood Hinton

Last edited by delmonty1964 on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:23 am
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:

I noticed because I've not breed at a lot of these distances in a very long time i had to use my dirt horses and so a lot of my team prefer Dirt so will it effect them on the grass.

:lol: John, so really what your saying is, you will sweep up on the dirt too hahahaha

As I mentioned before I don't have much to improve my bunch of no-hopers although I do like "Holly Cat" which has beaten Libranno (3rd in National last year) over the national fences in trial, so maybe I will have a little star in the making along with a 4yo Juvenille "Dirty Chief" although this is a tough group to compete in, but has blown away everything I had by a few lengths, but we will see.

Good Luck all, looks like we have some cracking races this week.

& just a quick plug for the Ascot comp if you have not already entered - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16886

Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:10 am
Group 2 winner

Almost started a new thread called "the new Blackpool beach donkeys" or "the new 70 rated handicappers" but figured I might as well list my new additions here.
There is just the 4 jumps horses, I already used my fifth slot in week 2 due to an administrative error. I got rid of 4 useless nags who had never, and were never likely to, earn a penny.

Bahati King - homebred 6yo horse who won the Gold Cup in game and likes softish ground. Most likely target is the Cheltenham Foxhunters unless he surprises me and gets rated too highly.
Duke Of Burgundy - gamebred 7yo horse who won the Ryanair in game and likes firmish ground. Will target any handicap chases around 2m4f. Hopefully he will show a little ability as he has just entered the breeding barn
Graine Money - homebred 5yo horse who won the World Hurdle in game and likes softish ground. I will try to get him qualified for the Pertemps Final and may experiment with a chase at some point
Money Rock - homebred 9yo mare who won the Grand National in game and likes softish ground. My first ever homebred national horse to be included in my league team so testing the water to see how far I am behind.

I probably have better at home but they are in the latest 3 & 4yo crops so I am leaving them till hopefully another season as there will be no races for them.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next