View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 NH distance issues 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: NH distance issues
ghosty wrote:
Boys last year Doug was not impressed with us turning the big Oz races into unrealistic races and was not happy about it and what's being talked about is that u going to do the same to a whole jumps game, turn it into a micky mouse game.

is it not already Mickey Mouse with 5yo's in the GN John :lol:

(p.s This is no reflection on PJ, James Shea or any other trainer with 5yo's for the GN, all only following what has been allowed)

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:34 am
Group 3 winner

Anadin wrote:
ghosty wrote:
Boys last year Doug was not impressed with us turning the big Oz races into unrealistic races and was not happy about it and what's being talked about is that u going to do the same to a whole jumps game, turn it into a micky mouse game.

(p.s This is no reflection on PJ, James Shea or any other trainer with 5yo's for the GN, all only following what is allowed)

But the point was is that the same people who don't want 5 yo in are the same ones who want to rip up the whole of the jumps game.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:41 am
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
Anadin wrote:
ghosty wrote:

(p.s This is no reflection on PJ, James Shea or any other trainer with 5yo's for the GN, all only following what is allowed)

But the point was is that the same people who don't want 5 yo in are the same ones who want to rip up the whole of the jumps game.

Not sure its ripping up the whole jumps game, I see it as trying to make it a little more accessible to all and easier to understand, you did mention yesterday that you couldn't fathom out some of the criteria for entries as well, so if your not sure and have been around since the ARK :lol: who is ?

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:50 am
Group 1 winner

I don't think open races should be 6UP if you stop Juveniles 4yo running in 4up open Handicaps they will end up like the bumper horses did with one or two trainers dominating the Juveniles and having small fields and what will happen with the Fred Winter at Cheltenham? Hurdle races Open should be 4 or 5UP.

Now I understand the point about 4yo running in chases we can look at this and make every Novice Chase and Open handicap Chases 5up as again with the juveniles they would be 5 or 6 on January 1st so Start them at 5yo.

The plan was to have more Hunter Chases for next season at least two a week but i have to rethink that if the guys want more 4m plus races has space in the schedule as to be found and we cant just add more and more the Flat is now most weeks 38 races we cant expand it any further.

Gray

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:52 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Well one things for sure what ever is decided it is really going to please some and really annoy
others my pennyworth is i will go with the majority as always will fit my team to the rules set in
place one things for sure a decision will have to be made and stuck to soon so people have ample
time to acclimatize.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:53 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

I may not like it, but will go with the majority. If a 6up rule is going to be put in place, it has to be decided before the end of this month as I want to get a head start on my breeding for next season.

If you play a game with a full season, it is going to be longer and more tedious racing horses for that extra year. I play a short season and generally retire horses at 5yo but it may not be quite so bad for me keeping horses until 6yo but with a long season it will be more time consuming.

Just on a general note, I know why my horses deteriate so quickly. When SO6 first came out my jumps team were flat casteoffs but they have become so well bred that when I run a jumps horse against a flat horse, the flat horse is 20 lengths behind the jumps horse. I have bred gamebred jumps horses with my jumps team to improve the jumps team but the age deteriation has stuck with the jumps team.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:32 am
Group 1 winner

Below is a outline on the way forward.
Please discuss and remember we all want the league to go forward and discuss politely.

NH

Hurdlers

Juveniles - Must be 4yo to enter Juvenile Hurdles Can run in 4up open Handicap Hurdles And Bumpers
Novice Hurdlers - Must be 5YO to enter Novice Hurdles Can run in 4up open Handicap Hurdles And Bumpers
Hurdlers - Must be 5yoUP can run in all races bar Juvenile, Novices and Bumpers.

Chasers

Novice Chasers - Must be 5yo can run in Novice Chases and 5UP Open Handicap Chases But not in Bumpers
Open Chasers - Must be 6yoUP can run in all open handicap and graded chases
Grand National Chasers - To be Decided by Vote.

Gray

Last edited by simpleminds on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:14 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

I wonder if it's a coding thing in game ( only mark would know) because the only horses that keep their bar in the out and out jump stayers. The 4m4 horses last until 8 but every other horse is done by 6. The stupid thing is that flat horses like my sprinter Lochsong can go until 8 before it goes down where it should be the other way and the jumpers last longer. Has anyone asked Leon if he can change the coding because it sounds like a big job.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:18 am
Group 1 winner

Quote:
Hurdlers - Must be 5yo can run in all races bar Juvenile, Novices and Bumpers.

Just to clarify - 5yo or 6yo?

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:23 am
Group 1 winner

NPG319 wrote:
Quote:
Hurdlers - Must be 5yo can run in all races bar Juvenile, Novices and Bumpers.

Just to clarify - 5yo or 6yo?

Sorry Doug I have edited it 5UP.

Gray

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:31 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Really dislike the 6yo and up rule for chasers, I do not see what this adds beyond degrading the quality of this class and I am unclear why people want this, for the GN this is fine for everything else it is just a daft rule for the sake of a daft rule......I am also unclear how some of this will be managed, so I have a 5yo who can chase and hurdle, one aspect allows bumpers one does not?

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:37 am
Group 1 winner

Agree with the lads 6yo up its going to add a big extra workload in building a jumps team but if its
what the majority want then i guess we will have to live with it I cant really understand why the age
issue has cropped up TBH

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:42 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

An attempt at realism is my guess, but one that is not reflected in the core game where horses go backwards at 6yo. It would make sense if the game played this way, indeed it would already be happening by default as people would better entering the better older horses, but it is not so in game so what sense does it make for the league? Anyone?

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:47 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
An attempt at realism is my guess, but one that is not reflected in the core game where horses go backwards at 6yo. It would make sense if the game played this way, indeed it would already be happening by default as people would better entering the better older horses, but it is not so in game so what sense does it make for the league? Anyone?

The championship races at cheltenham are mostly 5yo up so where has the 6yo thing come from
I dont think we need to make drastic changes to things that hardly matter to me thats a bit over kill

If in real life the Gold Cup is for 5YO up why in the league are we looking to make it for 6YO's

free image upload api

There are many things in the league currently that are not realistic some distances etc
so not everything can be 100% realistic at the end of the day this is not life or death
raising the age by 1 year sounds easy and a simple thing but creates a huge amount of work
for everyone who wants an in depth jumps team

Just my opinion guys

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:

Josh it's not realism though it's making a mockery of the jumpers, God for bid we needed every race on the flat to be real with real distances but we can change what we want to the jumps game. I think it's the worst idea i've ever heard and I have no idea after 10 years people think the game is broke. It survived this long without this daft idea and will people get of the fence and stop acting like sheep and express u views, if u for it or against it. Nothing gets sorted if everyone sits on the fence.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next